Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Roll in or out

Options
  • 30-07-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

I like to have my toilet roll overhang on the outside as opposed to having it against the wall :D

Now someone I live with hates it on the outside and went on a spiel today saying it was a proven fact that you use less toilet paper if it is against the wall thus saving you money ( dont know if there is any truth in that):confused:

Anyway what way does everyones toilet roll hang ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

in the bowl if its dirty. out of the bowl if its clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

We are out of toilet roll here.

This deserves to be posted in the Stingyness thread though, saving money by toilet roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I keep mine in my room because my housemate didn't seem to cop the "use the last bit you replace the roll" protocol. Its also far handier for ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

i prefer out it looks better it doesnt tend to touch off the wall making it hygienic too

in saying that I wouldn't think it worth having a row over.

Your housemate sounds like he/she should have their own house by now, if it saves this much money. that or they're from Ca**n.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Has to be facing out, its easier to grab and looks better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Out. Hang the freaks who turn it in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Used to turn it in to the wall, but now I leave it facing out. I have been converted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

I like it hanging out (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Out, it gets all gooey if you leave it in

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Out.
    I actually changed the rolls around in my mams today cos they were against the wall and it was annoying me:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Out.
    I actually changed the rolls around in my mams today cos they were against the wall and it was annoying me:o

Haha I do that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Out.

Thought I was the only person who did this too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I never even notice which way it is; doesn't bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Out, for aesthetic purposes. Oddly my sister will always change it to in. Thankfully we live in different countries, and I can put up with it for the few days a year we see each other. She's never mentioned it as a money saving device, just that "we never put the toilet roll that way".:confused: I don't think our parents ever had any particular preference, so it's obviously just something she's dreamed up at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Out, and I like to fold a little triangle in it after every use to give the illusion I am staying in a plush, fancy hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Is it time for this thread again already? I love how newbs always think this is a great subject that they'll be applauded for. its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Leaving it out is the best glad im not alone on that one

I sometimes do the fancy hotel corners put it in the point :o

zuroph wrote: »
    Is it time for this thread again already? I love how newbs always think this is a great subject that they'll be applauded for. its not.

Im not a newb I was just wondering is all :p

nov 2009, and less than 1000 posts. your a newb. especially if you havent seen this thread before.

nov 2009, and less than 1000 posts. your a newb. especially if you havent seen this thread before.

So its forbidden to start a new thread ?even if it has been done before AH is going a long time it seems and has covered a lot a few threads will be repeated so what

Is that some sort of crime Ive done make a thread

AH is full of people just waiting to pounce and nitpick

• Advertisement

its a very very regular thread. very regular. yours lacks a poll.

its a very very regular thread. very regular. yours lacks a poll.

Well Im sorry if everything is not as perfect for you as I seem to be a newb

I was bored I created a thread my post count is not high because I dont hang around boards all day replying and to threads telling others where I went wrong and thios has been done before

If it bothers you so much report it to a AH mod tell them to delete it

(do you know what forget it AH is starting to become a cesspit with a lot of angry people criticizing others)

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Well Im sorry if everything is not as perfect for you as I seem to be a newb

I was bored I created a thread my post count is not high because I dont hang around boards all day replying and to threads telling others where I went wrong and thios has been done before

If it bothers you so much report it to a AH mod tell them to delete it

(do you know what forget it AH is starting to become a cesspit with a lot of angry people criticizing others)

we're already discussing it in the moderators forum. so far its looking liek a one month ban. or you could do some community service, we need a mod for politics for a week while someone is on holidays. what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

deffo out, easier to tear off neatly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Out. I never heard that having it against the wall saved money. However I was trained by The Mammy to only ever use 3 sheets (unless dire emergency), so that saves wastage anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've never seen this thread before and I'm not a newbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

out, it just annoys me if its facing the wall. a lil OCD coming to light for a lot of people here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fan-fcukin-tastic thread OP for those of us who haven't seen it before!!!

I'm probably a noob to some and not to others but I've not seen this thread before.........so don't worry bout it!!!!!!!

PM a mod if your worried but I'd imagine your okay:).

Personally in my house it's an out!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Out. Definitely out.

Although the toilet roll holder thingy in my bathroom fell off the wall a while ago, and I've no idea how to fix it. So currently toilet roll just has to sit on top of the toilet. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Novella wrote: »
    Out. Definitely out.

Although the toilet roll holder thingy in my bathroom fell off the wall a while ago, and I've no idea how to fix it. So currently toilet roll just has to sit on top of the toilet. :(

Haha, arragh sure, as long as ya can reach it!!!:D

Wrecks my head when the hubby faces it in the way as it makes it harder to tear off a bit........

Advertisement