Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out of contract (Meteor)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Just sent my email off now, so just sit back and wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Just sent my email off now, so just sit back and wait and see.

Ring straight away or they'll probably wait for you to contact them to confirm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ring straight away or they'll probably wait for you to contact them to confirm....

Ring straight away, I sent them the email yesterday and they managed to lose it.... :eek: On payg now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

On PAYG now, had to send an email. Going to sign up for bill pay smart lite tomorrow - girl on the phone said I couldn't get my free texts/calls if I didn't sign up in store.

One of the guys who posted earlier said he rang and was told he would have to return his phone if less than 30 days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

On PAYG now, had to send an email. Going to sign up for bill pay smart lite tomorrow - girl on the phone said I couldn't get my free texts/calls if I didn't sign up in store.
    There was no mention of that to me. :confused: Infact the man I was talking with didn't seem to be sure of the plan himself.

Meteor rep: You are currently on connect20 getting 200mins and 200texts
    Me: Yes
    Meteor rep: And you want to move to the €10 plan, I'm not too sure whats included on this plan.
    Me:It includes 50 mins and 50 texts
    Meteor rep: Yes, is that ok for you?
    Me: Yes that will be enough.

(Maybe I should have chanced my arm and asked for some free data as I'm planning on buying the €5 add-on!)

I didn't mention free meteor calls/texts as I thought that was a given when I said bpl10. Really hope I don't have to make any more calls.

Ok, talked to cancellations again and its true, you can't just switch over to Bill Pay Smart Lite AND get the free meteor to meteor calls and texts, its a store offer. What you must do is before heading into store ring cancellations again, ask to be switched to PAYG, then go to the counter and ask to be upgraded to Bill Pay Smart Lite, you'll get the free calls and texts then....bit of time wasting but just the way the offer is being made!

p.s Bring the usual documents as they may need to sign you up as a fresh customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Ok, talked to cancellations again and its true, you can't just switch over to Bill Pay Smart Lite AND get the free meteor to meteor calls and texts, its a store offer. What you must do is before heading into store ring cancellations again, ask to be switched to PAYG, then go to the counter and ask to be upgraded to Bill Pay Smart Lite, you'll get the free calls and texts then....bit of time wasting but just the way the offer is being made!

p.s Bring the usual documents as they may need to sign you up as a fresh customer!
    Cheers for the confirmation!

Bit of a pain though :( I suppose I'll just wait until a few days before my billing date to do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I switched from connect €25 to bill lite.the lady told me all was done and the switch will take place when my current period ends.no emails or calling into the shop.she confirmed i will get whats stated on the website.

Well i rang up a few minutes ago, was talking to some chap very helpful. They didnt seem to get my email so i sent it direct to his and boom done in about 1 minute, switched my phone off and then back on and im back on payg, now ive just to hit a meteor store tomorrow and get sorted with the new plan.

Didnt say anything about penalties or having to hand the phone back or anything so fingers crossed it went all ok.

Cheers for all the help folks.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    I switched from connect €25 to bill lite.the lady told me all was done and the switch will take place when my current period ends.no emails or calling into the shop.she confirmed i will get whats stated on the website.
    So you're sure you're getting free texts to Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bill pay lite 10 and 30 automatically have free meteor texts. 30 automatically has calls. All other packages need to be signed up In store to get free on net calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That took all of 4 minutes, back onto bill pay lite.. Easy peasy...

Cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Not so lucky on my end. Got out of contract again, no problems, went in to sign up for Bill Pay Lite for the free texts and calls, got asked for a 300 euro deposit. Don't have that cash at the moment as I'm on holidays in two weeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Just rang them there, not so easy for me.
    Told her i wanted to move to the 10 euro lite plan due to the changes in the contract. She asked "and what changes are these?"
    Either she was trying to be smart, or doesnt have a clue.
    Im getting a call back from the cancellation team either today or tomorrow, she wouldnt transfer me through.

Should i ring back and speak to someone else?

Dimithy wrote: »
    Just rang them there, not so easy for me.
    Told her i wanted to move to the 10 euro lite plan due to the changes in the contract. She asked "and what changes are these?"
    Either she was trying to be smart, or doesnt have a clue.
    Im getting a call back from the cancellation team either today or tomorrow, she wouldnt transfer me through.

Should i ring back and speak to someone else?

Well you could just read the whole thread and use the direct cancellations number thats been posted a few times?? This issue has nothing to do with customer service.

Also to refute what someone else said you CANNOT avail of the current offer of free texts and calls to meteor for first 12 months on Bill Pay Smart Lite plans WITHOUT changing first to PAYG and going into shop to sign up, where you will need ID and proof of address again. Just completed the whole shebang, and confirmed with a number of people in cancellations that it was necessary, they can offer some 6 months of free texts and calls, but you're actually then commited to them for those 6 months, not rolling 1 month at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

One of the guys who posted earlier said he rang and was told he would have to return his phone if less than 30 days?
    Me: I want to cancel contract and change to bill pay lite
    Local meteor store: No you can't cancel contract that's only availible to O2
    Me: Nah don't think so, contract terms have been changed and under EU law you are allowed to withdraw from contract without penalty.
    Local meteor store: Ok, but you will have to return phone.
    Me: Ok, will drop phone in this afternoon.
    Local meteor store: No we can't take phone back you will have to contact customer care.
    Customer care: If you cancel contract now you will have to pay a penalty of the remaining 8 monthly bills. (seemed like customer care was very unsure and as alot of help desks based in far off India?)
    Me: I'm sorry but I think not?
    Customer care: I will transfer you to another service person. "Hello sir,how are you?(After being offered a phone upgrade which I politely refused) Yes that wil be no problem,your account wil be changed in 10 days time when your next monthly bill is due. Is that ok,can I help you with any thing else?

No contract,another bill I should be able to knock a few euro off,happy days!
    Thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

gip wrote: »
    Me: I want to cancel contract and change to bill pay lite
    Local meteor store: No you can't cancel contract that's only availible to O2
    Me: Nah don't think so, contract terms have been changed and under EU law you are allowed to withdraw from contract without penalty.
    Local meteor store: Ok, but you will have to return phone.
    Me: Ok, will drop phone in this afternoon.
    Local meteor store: No we can't take phone back you will have to contact customer care.
    Customer care: If you cancel contract now you will have to pay a penalty of the remaining 8 monthly bills. (seemed like customer care was very unsure and as alot of help desks based in far off India?)
    Me: I'm sorry but I think not?
    Customer care: I will transfer you to another service person. "Hello sir,how are you?(After being offered a phone upgrade which I politely refused) Yes that wil be no problem,your account wil be changed in 10 days time when your next monthly bill is due. Is that ok,can I help you with any thing else?

No contract,another bill I should be able to knock a few euro off,happy days!
    Thanks op

For anyone else save yourself some time contact the department that handles this directly at 1800-222-085.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Sorry if this has been asked already.

What happens if they switch you to PAYG when your say halfway through a billing month? Are you billed for just the days you use and refunded the rest or should you wait till near end of your billing cycle to switch?

Also, anybody get them to move you straight onto Bill Pay Smart Lite with free Meteor calls and texts directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

just off the phone with a nice lady at Meteor on the 1800 222 085.
    I explained the situation and ahe said no problem just send them a confirmation email to cleardot.gifcancellations@meteor.ie and I'll be switched over to PAYG within 24 hours.

Thanks OP ... Looks like I'll get be getting the Desire sooner than I thought !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Can this work if you are on the 30 Euro bill lite plan?

I've been having awful problems with meteor overcharging me and just want to get out asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Can this work if you are on the 30 Euro bill lite plan?

I've been having awful problems with meteor overcharging me and just want to get out asap

Can't you leave a bill lite plan with 30 days notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

artielange wrote: »
    Can't you leave a bill lite plan with 30 days notice?

Yeah but I want to leave asap

Found out that I can so it's all good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

There is a lot on infromation on here about getting out of contract but I don't think that this has been asked before - I signed up about a month and a half agoto the €30 a month on bill pay smart and got the HTC desire. But when I did this, I had to pay a €100 deposit which I will get back on my bill in 7 months time. If I opt out of my contract for a different plan, then when do I get my deposit back or does it carry over to a new contract?

It should carry over (no penalty and all that).

I was on the same plan, HTC Desire as well. I paid a €60 deposit to unlock roaming and still have some credit left. CC said it will carry over onto my new plan, bill pay lite, when I switch at my next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Having to go into a store if I want to keep the free MET-MET stuff is a bit annoying

I only signed up this month, I'll call tomorrow, should have no issues right?
    The "have to give the phone back" thing has been retracted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

Hi all,

I rang CC on the 1800*** number mentioned on the previous post and the girl told me ok send email to us explaining the situation. I sent email and follow up with a call to the same number when I got a guy on the phone that did not mentioned my email only asked for my information and I got the following info.

If you want to get into any plan and get the Free Calls and Text to meteor as part of the plan. Then you need to go PAYG and then move to the plan. This might take time and you will probably go into the selection, maybe deposit process included required for bill pay contracts.

The existing deposit should carry on to the next bill plan and will be credit after the 6 month. (The deposit should be a security in case you dont pay your contract)--- So if you are on a month basis contract like Lite30 then I dont know if this makes sense... I did not ask him... Cause then this means if you cancel you contract with the 30days notice will you still loose the all/part of the deposit???

Regarding the phone he told as long I am in the same network they have no reason to request the equipment.

Nevertheless I also have a question. when you log into your meteor.ie account you have a summary of your account where is display the type of plan you are on. Did yours changed??
    Mine has not yet. So we dont know if they actually made any changes or not and the next billing period is after 22-08 ..... so 1 month after the notification about the T&C's changes. Assuming we only have 30 days to complain about the changes.. then we loose our rights??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Until when do I have to do this? 22nd August?

valor wrote: »
    Until when do I have to do this? 22nd August?
    yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'd like to thank Meteor for cutting me off without warning while roaming, despite them suggesting I keep in contract until the 14th of the month which is the end of the billing period. This was expressed very clearly in the email to you.

I was still open to signing up again with you, and I am usually quite a heavy user when at home. Your loss I suppose if ye want to act the maggot about things. Seven years bill pay with you and a big V-sign from you. You guys need to learn about customer service. I'm sure I will not be the only too, but you are losing customers that you have every chance of keeping.

/ mild rant over;)

Advertisement