Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about a boardsie made game?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are people free tonight? I've been working on a few story ideas and game mechanics/gimmicks etc. Not sure if they're any good, but they might help give us a little focus as to where the goal lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd be free around 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'm free then too, just hopefully I don't forget this time :pac:

Yeah, 9 is great for me.

Will pop Witnessmenow an email so, just in case he's busy today :)

you ok with looking after the channel doc?

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    you ok with looking after the channel doc?
    I'm on it now :P I'll prob just leave it on for the night anyway :) If I don't reply, I think I told you last time, doc, docdolittle and other things will highlight me so I'll prob hear it :)

T'is 9 :)

sorry guys, small emergency here. Will get there asap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

so whats the idea for the game then?

We haven't decided. Is anyone online tonight to go over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Whats the details exactly for IRC?

Generally we have the doc set up a channel and links us in with a browser client. So all you have to do is click the link and you're in chatting.

I won't be able to get on unless this is after 9. maybe half?

Actually, I've just had a bit of an emergency and won't be about tonight. What's the story with this Assembla thing? Because it seems it'll be a lit easier to use than trying to get everyone online at the one time?

Hey guys I'm setting up the assembla page now. We aren't all going to be able to make it on at the same time for team chats so this can be our new place to update everything. In our next meeting I'd like to nail down most things in the level we're going to be making first and set a few milestones to work by.

If I don't have your email address, PM me and I'll add you, or just go to the assembla page and ask to join from there.

You'll also probably want to set the updates by hour, otherwise people can update a lot of stuff at once and you'll end up with 20 emails from it :pac:

Edit: Also, because I added the chat feature, we no longer have to use irc if we don't want to, it might be handier to use :)

Doc, you're on fire! :D

Good work mate, are you throwing up your Unity demo?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Doc, you're on fire! :D

Good work mate, are you throwing up your Unity demo?
    I feel like working today :P I'll put it up tomorrow, but it's going to have a character called lerpz in it, he's not my character, just going to use him for running around with animations to see how we want the camera and gameplay to feel.

Would you guys want the Unity files first or just files like a .exe or a web player version?

I want everything please. would like to see the code, more code the better for me :D

I'm going to try and learn the ins and outs of unity, so all the files would be handy for a look-see.

I just spent about 20-30 mins writing out all the stuff for the art and style... then my firefox crashed and I lost it all :( Not cool!

Sorry about the lack of design doc, i'll get it up as soon as I can, got caught working the weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey guys,

Just back from the holidays now, basically ready to go (before i see the mountain of real work for me anyways :/)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

What stage is this at? I'd be well up for giving a hand with writing/SFX and maybe some basic backing tracks and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Im gonna subscribe to this thread and see how it goes if you all don't mind :D

/pokes thread

Whats happening guys, we've seem to have stopped :)

Sorry guys, have had loads going on with work and moving house, haven't forgotten about this, just having to postpone my efforts.

I WILL be back!

Hope you guys don't mind if I make this game for a college project :) Nothing much came of it here :( I'll prob just stick to my original idea for it but I'll be Making it in XNA and I'll post it up here when done if you guys want? :) Only gonna be a 2d version though, Might do 3d over Christmas if I get time :pac:

No problems here. It kind of fizzled out and I've new commitments, so wouldn' be able to get back to it anytime soon, anyway. Goodluck with it and let us know how it turns out.

Same as, little bit disappointed nothing happened but looking back I've no idea where i was going to get the time from.

Best of luck!

Advertisement