Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you wash your hair??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Flip all left on top so I keep it cut tight and have a shower once..or twice a day so at least once a day I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If you wash it every day you just dry out the scalp and end up with dandruff and brittle hair.

If i don't wash my hair everyday, I get really bad dandruff. It dry scalp.

Washing it ever day keeps it calm for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I took a hairdressing course and I found out that it is bad for your hair for it to be washed everyday because the shampoo strips your hair of it's natural oils and that's why it gets greasy fast. I generally wash my hair every 2 days, I sometimes use dry shampoo which I found amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Kiera wrote: »
    Every morning in the shower. Or maybe twice if i've been swimming that evening.

Twice to wash out the spunk swimming in your hair you mean.

I wash my hair every 3 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i feel like a scruff if i don't wash my locks in the shower and i shower daily so yeah,everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I took a hairdressing course and I found out that it is bad for your hair for it to be washed everyday because the shampoo strips your hair of it's natural oils and that's why it gets greasy fast. I generally wash my hair every 2 days, I sometimes use dry shampoo which I found amazing!

Could explain why mine gets disgustingly greasy overnight. :(

Seriously, I'm envious of people who can leave 3 or 4 days between washing. My hair is clung to my head with grease every morning. :eek: I can only leave a day or two in between washing if I'm not going out for the day. Pain in the arse tbh. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

MultiUmm wrote: »
    My hair is clung to my head with grease every morning. :eek: I can only leave a day or two in between washing if I'm not going out for the day. Pain in the arse tbh. :rolleyes:

+1 Though if it's just washed with plain water, it gets worse and clumps together. Organic shampoo every day and no hair drying/straightening, etc. seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I can't stand the feeling of being dirty so I wash everyday and I always imagine my hair is greasy so I wash that every two days, I can't hold out any longer even though I know it would be better for my hair in the long run lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I wash it out every day, but only use shampoo every second day since the soap ("they" say) damages it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Once a day when I lived away from home or when on holidays. Usually its every two days when living at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Every three days, if I wash it more than that it gets all fluffy and poofy looking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Daily if I'm on holiday, every 3 days otherwise, though I should wash it a bit more. I usually use normal soap on it (Dove for preferance)

Advertisement