Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you wash your hair??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I have ass length dreads so about once a week.

WindSock wrote: »
    I have dreads and only use sea water to wash them with every so often.

me too. do you not find them covered in salt once theyve dried? that wrecks my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Every second day or third day. It's very long, and tedious to brush/dry. Praise the lawd for comb-in conditioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Doc wrote: »
    I wash my hair ever other day. I shower every day but I remember reading that you shouldn’t wash your hair every day because it damages it so I don’t.

I wash my hair every day because I shower everyday...BUT I'm thinking I should not wash the oul mop daily because of damage.
    I have quite dry hair that's curly when long. What product should I use then to style it on days I don't wash it? I suffer awfully from "bed-head" and there's nothing you can do with my hair once I get out of the cot except to wash and dry it...otherwise I have a head like a hedgehog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I wash my hair every day because I shower everyday...BUT I'm thinking I should not wash the oul mop daily because of damage.
    I have quite dry hair that's curly when long. What product should I use then to style it on days I don't wash it? I suffer awfully from "bed-head" and there's nothing you can do with my hair once I get out of the cot except to wash and dry it...otherwise I have a head like a hedgehog.

Why not just rinse it with water and don't use any shampoo/conditioner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

About once every 4/5 days. I've really curly hair so if I washed it every day it would be like hay :cool: Also it looks better when it hasn't just been washed, sits better for some reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Id say every second day, occasionally leave it three but would tie it back. Couldnt wash it every day, it goes all flyaway and crazy after a week of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Every other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Every morning in the shower. Or maybe twice if i've been swimming that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Shower every morning... Wash the hair when I'm in it.
    Simples

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It really feckin pisses me off people saying if you don't wash your hair every day you're a filthy bastard.... The type of hair you have dictates how often it should be washed. I've thick dry hair and it needs to be washed every 4 days, and that's when I wash it. People who need to wash it everyday often only have to do it every day because they're in a routine of doing it every day. it's all about the natural oil your scalp produces.

So just because I wash my hair when it needs to be washed, which just happens to not be every day, doesn't mean I'm dirty! Educate yourselves people!

It really feckin pisses me off people saying if you don't wash your hair every day you're a filthy bastard.... The type of hair you have dictates how often it should be washed. I've thick dry hair and it needs to be washed every 4 days, and that's when I wash it. People who need to wash it everyday often only have to do it every day because they're in a routine of doing it every day. it's all about the natural oil your scalp produces.

So just because I wash my hair when it needs to be washed, which just happens to not be every day, doesn't mean I'm dirty! Educate yourselves people!

wow. whatever you do. dont ever watch the news. youll probably explode when you see whats going on in the world thats worse than that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

That explains it.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

wow. whatever you do. dont ever watch the news. youll probably explode when you see whats going on in the world thats worse than that

:rolleyes: what so I'm not allowed give out about something if there's something in the world that's more important than that? try telling that to R&R people then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Well I shave my head every day (razor job) but I'd still throw some gel over my scalp.

When I had more hair I washed it every day, the thought of not washing it daily makes me squirm.

I'd say even if I walked into one of those floating webs I'd give it a quick rinse when I get home!

kfallon wrote: »
    Well I shave my head every day (razor job) but I'd still throw some gel over my scalp.

When I had more hair I washed it every day, the thought of not washing it daily makes me squirm.

I'd say even if I walked into one of those floating webs I'd give it a quick rinse when I get home!

You put gel on a bald head?

What am i missing here? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kiera wrote: »
    You put gel on a bald head?

What am i missing here? :confused:

Think it's shower gel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wash my hair every day, maybe twice a day.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Think it's shower gel

Correct!!!

Jesus wept!!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Think it's shower gel

Ah ha! I was getting a picture of a Mr Sheen head :D

/i was up very later last night so am not with it today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The longer the hair, the smaller the cock.

Thats what bald people say....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Usually every day. Sometimes I'll miss a day or maybe wash it twice in a day depending on circumstances. But most of the time it's just a rinse with water and every few weeks I'll throw a bit of shampoo on it. Water's the natural way to wash your hair. Using shampoo all the time strips your hair of its natural oils which causes your scalp to create more. If you wash with shampoo every day, your hair is used to creating more oils every day. If you wash it less often, this oil production will slow down and you'll have less need for everyday washing.
    ...the longer my hair the longer I can go between washes.

I'm the opposite, but I'm talking about short hair. If I shave my head or get a very short haircut, for weeks after I can go for longer between washing it but as it gets longer it needs washing more and more often.

Kiera wrote: »
    Ah ha! I was getting a picture of a Mr Sheen head :D

/i was up very later last night so am not with it today :(

I put the Mr Sheen on after the shower.........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Every 2nd day usually. My hair would be in bits if i washed it every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Once a day, every morning.
    I don't feel right if I don't.
    It's long, so it takes a bit of looking after (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't wash my hair every day simply because it doesn't need washing that regularly - and it would dry it out and make it really wispy and flyaway. It's very fine in texture as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

me too. do you not find them covered in salt once theyve dried? that wrecks my head

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Hair does not need to be washed with soap/shampoo daily unless you use hair products. I personally don't use hair products and generally use shampoo once every 3 or 4 days. I shower every day and scrub it (without soap). IMO it keeps your hair looking healthier. Obviously If I sweat profusely I wash it with soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I wash mine every 3 days. If i washed it everyday it would get too dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Every 2 days.
    Used to wash it every day and because I have fine hair it actually looked greasy at night.. Fuck all natural oils was the prob..
    Now could easily get a 3rd day out of it but don't cos I'd feel durty and everyone knows boyz dont like durty girls ;)

Advertisement