Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you had to do without because of the Recession?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    OP you really should consider painting your house yourself. It would take 2-3 days max by yourself. I painted a one storey shop today - front and one of the sides. Started at 8.30am and finished at 4.30pm, job done. I'm no pro but it's only painting, anyone can do it.

£3,000 is absolutely insane.

ARE YOU MAD??

This is Ireland! We're all rich, we have been for the past 20 years. We don't do things like paining houses ourselves! You're insane!

Next you'll be telling me that i should fire Jeeves and make my own brown sauce sandwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Quilted toilet paper. Down to three ply :o

Juan sheet does plenty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Ireland

I have been traveling or working in Australia during most of the recession and would have liked to go home at one stage but don’t see the point in returning now when I have an alright job here and if I went home would really struggle to find anything in my profession. Hope it all works itself out soon as I’m a bit of a home body at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

A haircut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

My dignity

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

The car I planned to get last year. Now plan to get next year and likly a cheaper one

And my hoilday was a depressing 70 euro day trip to wales ( but over there I have the money to go to the pub )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kiwilostineire

I grow my own ;)

Stones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

bryanjf wrote: »
    coke and hookers

cookers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    OP you really should consider painting your house yourself. It would take 2-3 days max by yourself. I painted a one storey shop today - front and one of the sides. Started at 8.30am and finished at 4.30pm, job done. I'm no pro but it's only painting, anyone can do it.

£3,000 is absolutely insane.

That included the paint as well! Yea, you are right, it was insane. You have started me thinking now that I can get some guy to do it for less. No chance of doing it myself, for various reasons, which I will not go into!!! OK time to start searching.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭George Orwell 1982

UR MUDDER

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hearing the term Celtic Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Doc wrote: »
    Ireland

I have been traveling or working in Australia during most of the recession and would have liked to go home at one stage but don’t see the point in returning now when I have an alright job here and if I went home would really struggle to find anything in my profession. Hope it all works itself out soon as I’m a bit of a home body at heart.

Same ('cept I'm not in Aus)

After many years away, the time would be right for me to go back. Only I can't very well throw up a secure job now. Madness it would be.

(I do have the option of a career break, mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

nothing.

better job, better apt, better car, more money since it all started. got lucky I did with the job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

I could'nt trade in my 8 yr old clapped out banger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Unemployment for the first time ever, and learning how difficult job hunting has become :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭smokingman

I can't afford Anglo shares any more....oh hang on...I can! :D

Advertisement