Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Evolutiuon this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Really looking forward to this now...know a good few people going now as the word begins to spread...hopefully a full house...

Me 2 mate, would love to see this event sell out. Not long to go now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I should be going to this, hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket on the door. From what I hear it's only about half sold so far but they'd be expecting to sell a good few more.

Demeyes wrote: »
    I should be going to this, hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket on the door. From what I hear it's only about half sold so far but they'd be expecting to sell a good few more.

There is a number of tickets for sale on the door the night of the event. Doors open at 6:30pm and first fight starts at 7:30pm. I would get there a bit early if you are buying tickets on the door. Hope it turns out to be a good night. Enjoy it guys and girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Woddy i know ive asked in the other forum but any guesstimate on what time its over at?

Don't have a clue mate, I would take a guess at 9:30 -10:30 I think it's 10 fights in total so it all depends on how long the fights last (3x5mins rounds) plus how long it will take for the next fight to start. As with all events I would say there will also be a 20min intermission at the half way point.

excellent! thats perfect timing.... i plan on going dancing afterwards :P im being social...a rare occurance...

Good on ya, well enjoy your night pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Sweet Jeebus but those guys were giving it 110% !!!!!

I love the way the ref had to wipe up the Blood between rounds!!! :eek:

IMGP4966.JPG

IMGP4422.JPG

IMGP4532.JPG

IMGP4560.JPG

Lots more over at munsterimages.ie and more to upload tomorrow after the Limerick Grand Prix! :cool:

Great pics mate, can't wait to see the rest of them. It was a great event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Great event tonight, even saw a few boardsie around!

(In real-life, just like boards, I mostly stalk :D)

Great event tonight, even saw a few boardsie around!

(In real-life, just like boards, I mostly stalk :D)

what a night...Limerick did herself proud tonight...not only with her local fighters but with the welcome for visiting fighters...

i think every type of fighter was covered tonight from brawler to technical fighter...

that little red haired lad....15second K.O. wtf.....no one seen that coming...

Hopefully the first of many events to come in limerick....i look forward to armed evolution 2

If Xtreme Cage Combat did another show in Limerick would you attend it? Get voting.

http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/poll.php?ref=nf&pid=1280679917

voted....dam bloddy right i would....or cork or galway or somewhere....shows that well run are hard to come by...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, I was expecting a lot more knacks shouting abuse but it was a great crowd (minus one or 2 dopes!). This can't come back to Limerick sooner!!!!

Great to see 2 of the lads fighting:

Colin Flanagan
    IMGP4941.JPG

Mark Brophy
    IMGP4519.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

voted....dam bloddy right i would....or cork or galway or somewhere....shows that well run are hard to come by...

Thanks very much!:D

Sorry for the delay been a bit swamped.

But here is the first fight.

More pics uploaded today as well.

www.munsterimages.ie

CCSL wrote: »

Excellent, thanks man! Did you record the Mark Brophy or Colin Flanagan fight?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks man! Did you record the Mark Brophy or Colin Flanagan fight?

I Just had 2 small cameras mounted on the cage.
    They lasted for another fight I am uploading that one later this evening.

Sorry but I don't Know the fighters.

I think it was the next fight on the card (went the full 3 rounds if thats any help)

I have bits of the other fights from my 35mm and will upload those also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Heard there a guy in bad way after one of the fights.It seems pretty brutal for a sport thats why the true martial arts guys for it.My nephem went loved it tho ssaid it was brutal and bloody lol

More fight here... http://www.fighthounds.com

This event will also be on DVD soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

bigpink wrote: »
    Heard there a guy in bad way after one of the fights.It seems pretty brutal for a sport thats why the true martial arts guys for it.My nephem went loved it tho ssaid it was brutal and bloody lol

Hi Big Pink

This event has paramedics on standby and each fighter is given a full medical before they can compete, each fight is closely watched by the paramedics and referee, so the information that some guy was in a bad way is not at all true as no fight is let continue to the point where someone becomes in a "Bad Way".

This event while some fighters can become cut it does not become brutal to the point where any fighters safety is ignored, the fight is just stopped. Fighters safefty is what comes first and this sport has a strict set of rules for each fighter to follow, it may be worth checking into these as you will find that any type of "brutality" is not sanctioned in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.

Mick

More fight here... http://www.fighthounds.com

This event will also be on DVD soon.

Can't wait to pick up the DVD!!! Excellent being able to watch those vids on the site!