Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Evolutiuon this weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Why does armed evolution and Limerick just sound so good together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Cause limerick people are so much better than everyone else we are being classed as the next stage of evolution

Whoo tickets in the bag...got front row on one of the balconys...should be a good view...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is this martial arts for knackers??

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Is this martial arts for knackers??

NO!! It's martial arts for professional athletes.

Whoo tickets in the bag...got front row on one of the balconys...should be a good view...

Nice.... :)

But why is it advertised in a tacky,scummy way?Ive a good friend who does judo and he said that Ufc.Mma is bringing all idiots to the scene

But why is it advertised in a tacky,scummy way?Ive a good friend who does judo and he said that Ufc.Mma is bringing all idiots to the scene

And how is it being advertised in a tacky way? And if MMA is bringing new people to try martial arts is that not a good thing for the martial arts clubs? I'm sure there is people out there that watch the UFC and go to a judo club and asking where the cage is! If they don't like it then they don't join the club.

Armed Evolutiuon?Look up other events names there all bug tough words!!Just call it a tourament or comp
    Its not a good thing according to the guys i know cause their getting all the ufc heads coming in wanting to be hard men and how to kill people

• Advertisement

Armed Evolutiuon?Look up other events names there all bug tough words!!Just call it a tourament or comp
    Its not a good thing according to the guys i know cause their getting all the ufc heads coming in wanting to be hard men and how to kill people

Well I'm sure all the guys you know will have to tell people wanting to be hard men that MMA is not about being a hard man. That is a coaches job as well. But I get what you are saying and it must be a pain for the coaches. As for the name of the event, well it has nothing to do with me but I have heard worse! It's Xtreme Cage Combat's first event and from what I know it's the first MMA event to be held in Limerick. I am a big MMA fan so I will be going to the show and I hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

The more of these different events run in Limerick the better!!

Makes for some cool photos!! ( I hope !! )

:D

MMA is a big business in the states and is growing well here, fair play to the guys from Xtreme Cage Combat for sticking their necks and Wallets out to run this in Limerick. I hope its a success for them.

:cool:

CCSL wrote: »
    The more of these different events run in Limerick the better!!

Makes for some cool photos!! ( I hope !! )

:D

MMA is a big business in the states and is growing well here, fair play to the guys from Xtreme Cage Combat for sticking their necks and Wallets out to run this in Limerick. I hope its a success for them.

:cool:

I take it http://www.munsterimages.ie/ will be doing there magic at this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Is there any kind of clubs in Limerick?

Is there any kind of clubs in Limerick?

Combat Sport Center

Unit B7, Corcanree Business Park. Dock Road, Limerick.

Headed by trainers Ger Healy and Fergal Quinlan, the Combat Sports Centre in Limerick offers superior instruction for men and women, a comfortable atmosphere for both newcomers and those already experienced, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best practitioners in Ireland. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and MMA classes are available for those who want a well rounded arsenal for competition or self defense. Ladies only fitness classes are also offered at the Combat Sports Centre.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6720667&ref=ts
    Email: combat.sports.center@gmail.com
    Phone: +353 (0) 861975043 (Irish number)

Pankration Kickboxing Academy

Unit C2, Eastway Business Park. Ballysimon Road, Limerick.

Co-Owners Dermot McGrath and Catherine have both been working for the past 16 years to have a gym of this calibre and quality of instruction in Ireland. And now finally they can offer you the very best in facilities, age appropriate programs, adult beginner and advanced classes in Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts. It’s taken a lot of hard work to get to this but this is the core of there teaching beliefs which they instil in all students who enter there doors.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pankra...16489405057445
    Email: info@DermotMcGrath.com
    Phone: +353 (0) 86312933 (Irish number)

Credit: http://www.fighthounds.com

Waza Kai jujitsu
    St Gerard Street
    Contact 0878382934

Although not strictly a MMA club it is a decent size club all the same. Mike Carroll teaches a style of jujitsu geared more twoards street defence/self defence

edit: just like to add there are many other clubs in limerick teaching many different arts. There is an old thread on it around somewhere. Doing a MartialArt in limerick does not mean you have to end up in a cage :P i do believe were spoilt for choice in the quality of clubs and coaches we have in limerick though..

edit: just like to add there are many other clubs in limerick teaching many different arts. There is an old thread on it around somewhere. Doing a MartialArt in limerick does not mean you have to end up in a cage :P i do believe were spoilt for choice in the quality of clubs and coaches we have in limerick though..

Very true, there are lots of kickboxing, boxing, judo, jujitsu, karate etc... clubs in Limerick. The ones I posted are MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) clubs which teach a bit of everything.

thanks guys... Soon ye can all be very wary of me :D

You sure?? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqBkel5P2Y

too be honest im a little wary all ready!:D

• Advertisement

OH CHRIST haha :eek:

OH CHRIST haha :eek:

Did not mean to put you off :D. MMA is great fun and great form of exercise. Hope you look into it anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did not mean to put you off :D. MMA is great fun and great form of exercise. Hope you look into it anyway.

To add to this, amateur MMA in Ireland does not allow strikes to the head like those seen in the video. Most clubs would have protective head-gear for full-contact sparring as well.

To add to this, amateur MMA in Ireland does not allow strikes to the head like those seen in the video. Most clubs would have protective head-gear for full-contact sparring as well.

another great point thanks IO...

What he said :D That vid was just a bit of fun :p

Anyways.... enough of turning the lady into a killing machine...

the weekend...outside of me and superwoody101 anyone else going ?

edit:im sure there will be some beverages consumed afterwards too :P

I hope it was for fun :D It took me a second to realise they were wimmin :rolleyes:

I'm sure there is an after party, but I don't think I will be drinking that night :mad: I will be taking pictures of the weigh-ins on Friday and I am driving to the event so no beer for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Afterparty @ a certain nightclub that will be announced on the night! ;)

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to this now...know a good few people going now as the word begins to spread...hopefully a full house...

Advertisement