Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

system requirements, what do you use?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had to stop playing. The chugging and loading from RAM got too much in hte bigger levels and I'm just ruining the game for myself. My friend is getting me a new PC so hopefully I'll be back into soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Had to stop playing. The chugging and loading from RAM got too much in hte bigger levels and I'm just ruining the game for myself. My friend is getting me a new PC so hopefully I'll be back into soon enough.

ouch that sucks! my brother wants me to price him a laptop / pc that will play it similiar to mine. he's sick of playing it on low settings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wouldn't mind if I couldplay it on low settings but the disc swapping that's causing the game to slowdown is making it pretty much unplayable. My own fault for not upgrading :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

i7-860 @ 4.2ghz.
    8gigs of corsair 1600mhz dominator GT
    2 x 5870's 950/1250
    Game installed on a 128gig Corsair performance 220/200 ssd.

1920x1080 All settings maxed out Forced AA and AF in the CCC, but it dosen't work. Never below 60fps even on a 4's 150 supply match.

i7-860 @ 4.2ghz.
    8gigs of corsair 1600mhz dominator GT
    2 x 5870's 950/1250
    Game installed on a 128gig Corsair performance 220/200 ssd.

1920x1080 All settings maxed out Forced AA and AF in the CCC, but it dosen't work. Never below 60fps even on a 4's 150 supply match.

damn you and your job! id love to get that hardware with an employee discount! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

You should see the new 980X / 3way 480 setup im getting ;) Grats on the Modship here too btw :thumbsup:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

No the Integrated graphics wont stand a chance.

My spec:

Dell Studio Hybrid 140g
    Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0GHz
    4Gb DDR2
    Intel 965 Express Integrated Graphics

Jerks like a 2 dollar whore with everything on low.

CC
    adr wrote: »
    Is there any chance to run SC2 on Dell Inspiron 11z?
    Intel U4100 1.3GHz
    4GB RAM
    Intel GS45 Integrated Graphics

I obviously didn't buy it for gaming but SC2 is the only game I would like to play. I'd rather not buy a desktop only to play one game. Is there any chance SC2 will be released on PS3 or Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Scráib wrote: »
    Macbook Pro, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB Ram, 100Gb Hard Drive
    Playable enough to enjoy it? I'm on an almost 4 year old MBP with almost identical specs, and trying to decide if I should get this in a few weeks as my post-thesis treat to myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    most medium settings 1280x720, comfortable smooth play; same settings at 1950x1080 mildly choppy

AMD Pehnom II X6 2.8ghz
    4GB RAM DDR3 1333
    Integraded HD 4290 on Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    Same build, add HD 5770 - 1980x1050 ultra, perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I'm considering getting my desktop shipped to me just to play SC2, lol!

It's a Q6600, 4gb DDR2 + HD2900XT, should be ok for high settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Playable enough to enjoy it? I'm on an almost 4 year old MBP with almost identical specs, and trying to decide if I should get this in a few weeks as my post-thesis treat to myself...

It is yeah, but it's on the lowest possible settings so you lose a lot visually. In every mission I get a popup saying 'Close other applications ot improve performance.

To my mind it's the game -20% of what it could be, but until I upgrade 80% of Starcraft is good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MistaMagoo

quad core 2.6ghz
    4 gigs ram
    ATI 5770

1920x1080 everything on ultra, without any slow down at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

amd athlo X2 4600+
    2 gig ddr2
    Geforce 8800 GT

Its the ram and of course...64 bit vista :( that are killing me atm its impossible to play the last level

but I just bought 4 gigs of ram to be delivered tomorrow so hopefully that will sort out the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

You should see the new 980X / 3way 480 setup im getting ;) Grats on the Modship here too btw :thumbsup:

Where can i apply :)

Also, just got my GTX 460 yesterday, have to say, having everything on ultra is purty :) The zerg creep writhes and shivers, it's truly epic, and it's all glossy and slimey looking, frame rate suffered a tiny bit, so have the settings on high now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Intel Core duo E5200
    4gb Ram
    Geforce 6800 GTS 320mb

Game is playing fine with little stutter and decent settings.

New pc arriving tomorrow

AMD II x4 635
    Radeon 5770HD
    4gb High performance ram

I'm hoping to see a big improvement and put the gmae on high settings, but even on medium it looks tremendous and plays lovely, so i can only imagine how good its going to look tomorrow :O

ive got the 5770, and a core i3, and i run it on ultra.

you should be able to get similiar settings with that machine Doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I passed eveything with my laptop on the recomended settings
    apart from hd space :o ive got a 500 gb drive in it got to take some stuff of it as i relly want to play this

Free Disk Space Recommended: 12 GB available HD space You Have: 3.0 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm running an oldish machine, AMD 2.0 GHZ dual core, 2GB RAM and an nVidia 6600 (256mb). Game runs perfect on all low setting, looks great :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i7 860 @ 3.5ghz
    8gb ram
    gtx 295
    9600gt physx

w7 ultimate x64

Running on ultra, super smooth, 100-120fps on intense fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

delighted to of just gotten

i3
    4gb
    Geforce 330m 1tb

Runs on medium perfectly and will try higher settings later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Have my pc as long as I've ever had one. Graphics card has been updated a couple of times & ssd added etc.

It's a Q6600 @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR2 + Geforce 275. Running a 27 inch at 1900 x 1200. Basically 60fps almost all the time...almost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MistaMagoo

TheDoc wrote: »
    Intel Core duo E5200
    4gb Ram
    Geforce 6800 GTS 320mb

Game is playing fine with little stutter and decent settings.

New pc arriving tomorrow

AMD II x4 635
    Radeon 5770HD
    4gb High performance ram

I'm hoping to see a big improvement and put the gmae on high settings, but even on medium it looks tremendous and plays lovely, so i can only imagine how good its going to look tomorrow :O

Your new PC is pretty much the exact same spec I run it with 1920x1080 with everything on ULTRA, so enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

M1330 laptop

T7500 Core Duo 2.2GHz
    2GB ram
    8400M GS

It runs on this with every graphics setting put to low.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blendage wrote: »
    M1330 laptop

T7500 Core Duo 2.2GHz
    2GB ram
    8400M GS

It runs on this with every graphics setting put to low.

thats's good to know! I might be able to SCII on the move now wahay!

Advertisement