Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Golf Betting

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rock has been DQ'ed. Marked an incorrect scorecard I think it was.

Put money on him in the live betting at 28/1. Will that be refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Rock has been DQ'ed. Marked an incorrect scorecard I think it was.

Put money on him in the live betting at 28/1. Will that be refunded?

That's a sickner but as i said in golf forum you're only hope is if it's with powers and they decide they use it as a publicity stunt and refund bets.
    Otherwise it's money lost when they tee up on the first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    ive gone for rock at 50s mc dow at 15s
    overton at 22s
    all each way
    and small each way doubles

fuk fuk fuk fuk fuk fuk fuk fuk fuk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

Rock, what a sickner!!

If it was Mcillroy or another high profile name, I would say PP would refund them, anyway.

So, here's hoping.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just to let you all know PP(after a good 10 minutes spent on Live Help) refunded me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

They refunded me but then took it back again. Only small stake so its all good. They always go on about how honest it is and no sport in the world allows people to mark their own score.

Rock will ruin it for the rest of them!!

Upside have McIlroy, Harrington, Hoey and Fisher. All still in the mix

fair play to pp
    any bookie whos doesnt refund aint worth betting with

i stuck my refund on overturn ew at 9s
    already have him backed at 22s

hes off to a flyer too
    heres hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

heavyballs wrote: »
    yeah but he needs to grow a pair of balls first,starts off great but generally falls away,always a good shout for first round leader

well with 2 holes to go including a par 5 for this big hitter he's joint leader,i wonder did you take my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

PP refunded :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I'd a small e/w bet on Rock..Are they only refunding win only bets??

• Advertisement

hitman79 wrote: »
    I'd a small e/w bet on Rock..Are they only refunding win only bets??

refunding your full stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

well with 2 holes to go including a par 5 for this big hitter he's joint leader,i wonder did you take my advice

No I just kept my bet as was - he will be touched off for first round leader but will hope he stays the pace this time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

anyone know if boyles are refunding on rock as well? it was only E5:(:(:(:(

deewhy wrote: »
    I am going to go for Chris wood at 50's in the hope he can string 4 rounds together. I am also going for Overton in the US at 20's with an each way double. Overton is a winner waiting to happen and is coming into this on the back of a decent run of form

Interesting day and half's golf ahead..... too much to hope for surely?

Interesting day and half's golf ahead..... too much to hope for surely?

2 great shouts but as i said before Jeff needs to grow a pair,not this week

2 great shouts but as i said before Jeff needs to grow a pair,not this week

Yea - good call, especially when you see what the others are doing to the course. Shouldnt have dared to dream!

Yea - good call, especially when you see what the others are doing to the course. Shouldnt have dared to dream!

he's not gone yet,e/w money?,would put the hand out for that now,...fact

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

anyone know if boyles are refunding on rock as well? it was only E5:(:(:(:(

I think so yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

I think so yes.
    yeah thanks! got that sorted out yesterday! hey e5 is e5 at the end of the day. better in my pocket than in mr. boyles:D

I am going to go for Chris wood at 50's in the hope he can string 4 rounds together. I am also going for Overton in the US at 20's with an each way double. Overton is a winner waiting to happen and is coming into this on the back of a decent run of form

Good profit but what are the chances about being beaten by a 59!! Feeling a bit sick to be honest

• Advertisement

Good profit but what are the chances about being beaten by a 59!! Feeling a bit sick to be honest

at least you can console yourself knowing wood didnt also win.
    That wouldbe been a bitter pill to swallow

just come home expecting to see a few quid in the pp account.
    i cant believe he lost

yes he was beat by a great score but he has nobody to blame but himself,2 reachable par5's on the b9 he 3 putts,i would be sick f i were u but not because of the 59,
    did ya see the state of Jeff on the 17th when his putt got a bobble,he was well up off that putt anyway i thought

yes he was beat by a great score but he has nobody to blame but himself,2 reachable par5's on the b9 he 3 putts,i would be sick f i were u but not because of the 59,
    did ya see the state of Jeff on the 17th when his putt got a bobble,he was well up off that putt anyway i thought

Yea agree with you - you could tell with his face he was a ball of nerves. Needs to work hard on that before backing him again.

Still a tough way to lose a profitable bet - even with Wood placed I was looking at a 12 and 20/1 double. Overton's loss effectively cost a grand. No point in dwelling - got a great run for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭redhill

Yea agree with you - you could tell with his face he was a ball of nerves. Needs to work hard on that before backing him again.

Still a tough way to lose a profitable bet - even with Wood placed I was looking at a 12 and 20/1 double. Overton's loss effectively cost a grand. No point in dwelling - got a great run for my money.

not quite, ur money was done before overton lost, u don't get the win part (if overton won) and the place part of wood (12/1) paid out, no bookie will pay u this
    after wood was placed, the only part of ur double left was the ew part

cheers
    bmw

didnt bother with molinari in the end. didnt seem the way to go, not backing an irish golfer and all, so went E5 on harrington. thats rock and harro for me. prob regret it sunday when molinari is winning by 5 from the rest of the field and harro is struggling to get to level par for the tournament!:D one last tee'nee tiny bet i did yesterday evening was the heavyballs tip, barrie trainor 1000/1 n boyles. only E1 ew

well wiger i didn't even back him myself,should have backed him to make the cut,he said he struggled with some of the tough par 4's when the rain came in,he's a very good player but probably doesn't hit it long enough to compete with these guys

redhill wrote: »
    not quite, ur money was done before overton lost, u don't get the win part (if overton won) and the place part of wood (12/1) paid out, no bookie will pay u this
    after wood was placed, the only part of ur double left was the ew part

cheers
    bmw

maybe read the original post first,it seems like he backed both in singles also,sure he'd be off his head not to

maybe read the original post first,it seems like he backed both in singles also,sure he'd be off his head not to

Yeah had done two e/w singles and an e/w double. In fairness I didn't realise that if Overton had won they would only pay a quarter of his price in the double. In other words both must win to get full price in the double. Learn something new everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

besty wrote: »
    1 point e/w on Fisher at 16's
    3 points e/w on Harrington

Nice bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

Yeah had done two e/w singles and an e/w double. In fairness I didn't realise that if Overton had won they would only pay a quarter of his price in the double. In other words both must win to get full price in the double. Learn something new everyday

Yeah your e/w double has 2 bets hence twice the price

1. both win in a double
    2. both place in a double.

• Advertisement
Advertisement