Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Golf Betting

Options
  • 27-07-2010 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

The Irish Open is in Killarney this weekend. No real course form to go on. Here is are my golf betting tips for this weekend.

I am backing 1 horse this week and it's Padraig Harrington. He's talking the talk - says that he's playing well enough and the scoring is there. He just needs to convert to a win. He is hungry for some Ryder Cup points too, although in reality he's always going to get a wild card pick if needs be. 20/1 against this field is a bet for me.

Padraig Harrington @ 20/1 with Laddies.

(Both PP and Boyles are paying 6 places but only offering 16/1 at the moment).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eldrickwoods

Price update. Just checked and it seems that Laddies have taken down the 20/1 and changed to 16/1.

VC now best on offer at 18/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

My two selections for this week:
    Justin Rose: Superb season thus far and confidence is high. Coming here with a mission and has the game to carry it out. 14/1 e/w
    Robert Rock: A very consistent season with six top tens. A bit of a hangover from the Open missing the cut last week. I expect him to bounce back and at 50/1 he looks a value bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

yeah! im on rock too! thought i was seeing things regards his price! 50/1 is huge imo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

McIlroy is going to be the man to beat this week IMO but can't have him at 8/1 or there abouts. With Boyles and Paddy's going 6 places, there's a lot of value to be had for places with a group of about 10 players a level or more above the rest of the field.

Bradley Dredge E/W will be my main outsider this week @ 50's. Good odds for a top 6 and he's been playing pretty well of late. He has a top record in the Irish Open in recent times. He was at 66's yesterday in some books and coming in.

Full preview and more picks on this one if you're interested.

Anyone venturing down to Killarney this weekend to catch the action?

McIlroy is going to be the man to beat this week IMO but can't have him at 8/1 or there abouts. With Boyles and Paddy's going 6 places, there's a lot of value to be had for places with a group of about 10 players a level or more above the rest of the field.

Bradley Dredge E/W will be my main outsider this week @ 50's. Good odds for a top 6 and he's been playing pretty well of late. He has a top record in the Irish Open in recent times. He was at 66's yesterday in some books and coming in.

Full preview and more picks on this one if you're interested.

Anyone venturing down to Killarney this weekend to catch the action?
    good picks there on your preview, wish i had the cash to back them all, il take your advice, and stick E5 on molinari to go with the E5 i have on rock. thats my lot for this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Aidric wrote: »
    My two selections for this week:
    Justin Rose: Superb season thus far and confidence is high. Coming here with a mission and has the game to carry it out. 14/1 e/w
    Robert Rock: A very consistent season with six top tens. A bit of a hangover from the Open missing the cut last week. I expect him to bounce back and at 50/1 he looks a value bet.

Im also on the Rock bandwagon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

David Ryan at 7/4 to make cut and also 25/1 for top 20.

he is the pro in my golf course and a good friend so have to I suppose :D

500's for the tourney itself

callaway92 wrote: »
    David Ryan at 7/4 to make cut and also 25/1 for top 20.

he is the pro in my golf course and a good friend so have to I suppose :D

500's for the tourney itself
    how would you rate his chances? shane lowry of this year maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

how would you rate his chances? shane lowry of this year maybe?

no chance,an outsider that might do well is the ex assistant pro in Bray gc,Barrie Trainer,expect him to make the cut,he's not mad long off the tee but he's deadly accurate,playing well at the mo

It's gonna be a birdie fest,i expect around 16-20 under to win once the wind doesn't go mad,i'll give ya 2 obvious one's and a slight outsider,Justin Rose at 16/1 is not a bad price with his recent form

As finding greens won't be too hard on such a short course putting will play an even bigger part than usual,best putter on tour has to be Rhys Davis@28/1 is a fair price

At a slightly bigger price recent tour winner David Horsey @66/1 worth a few quid e/w,he's top 5 in driving accuracy and has a good iron game that should suit this course

I'm not backing Rory or Fran Molinari as i think they both still have a few putting problems,greens won't be hard to find this week,what seperates Rory and the likes normally is their ability to hit more greens than most because of their great ball striking,this course imo should level the playing field and once the weather isn't too bad it could turn in to a putting comp,on a sidenote the par 5's are soo short most of the players can reach them in 2

• Advertisement

Just heard today that McDowell shot 59 in a practice round in Portmarnock (the short course).

A birdiefest is being touted if the weather remains the same.

still sticking with Harrington.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Simon Thornton and Colm Moriarty are the 2 Irish rank outsiders I'll be keeping an eye out for.

Simon Thornton and Colm Moriarty are the 2 Irish rank outsiders I'll be keeping an eye out for.

i don't think Thornton @150/1 qualifies as a rank outsider but i think that price is decent,there's good outside value in Stephen o Hara @250/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

heavyballs wrote: »
    no chance,an outsider that might do well is the ex assistant pro in Bray gc,Barrie Trainer,expect him to make the cut,he's not mad long off the tee but he's deadly accurate,playing well at the mo

1000/1 on boyles lulz, I myself am going for a former major winner Micheal Campbell @ 500/1 need i say more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Think i'll back both McGrane and Lawrie to be leading Irishman.
    Think i saw 12's and 20's in Padraig Powers yesterday, must check if betfair have a market on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Just heard today that McDowell shot 59 in a practice round in Portmarnock (the short course).

Why is McDowell practising so far away?

didnt bother with molinari in the end. didnt seem the way to go, not backing an irish golfer and all, so went E5 on harrington. thats rock and harro for me. prob regret it sunday when molinari is winning by 5 from the rest of the field and harro is struggling to get to level par for the tournament!:D one last tee'nee tiny bet i did yesterday evening was the heavyballs tip, barrie trainor 1000/1 n boyles. only E1 ew

frat wrote: »

that was Sunday so he was just up at home i guess and keeping his hand in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

1 point e/w on Fisher at 16's
    3 points e/w on Harrington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

I am going to go for Chris wood at 50's in the hope he can string 4 rounds together. I am also going for Overton in the US at 20's with an each way double. Overton is a winner waiting to happen and is coming into this on the back of a decent run of form

• Advertisement

deewhy wrote: »
    I am going to go for Chris wood at 50's in the hope he can string 4 rounds together. I am also going for Overton in the US at 20's with an each way double. Overton is a winner waiting to happen and is coming into this on the back of a decent run of form

yeah but he needs to grow a pair of balls first,starts off great but generally falls away,always a good shout for first round leader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Ive decided to have a little flutter on this.Ive never bet on golf before but Ive gone 10e e/w on Rys Davies 33-1
    and 5e e/w on Bradley Dredge 50-1:).Hopefully Il get a bit of a return but if not it will give me a bit of interest in it.
    Thoughts??

frat wrote: »
    that was Sunday so he was just up at home i guess and keeping his hand in.

I'd say it was Portrush not Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭redhill

I'd say it was Portrush not Portmarnock.

yep it was portrush, a 59 last wednesday on the Valley(smaller) course.
    he was back home as they were changing the road signs into the town to include his name and mention his pebble beach win.
    he was out with his dad, had a bogey in it as well

heavyballs wrote: »
    i don't think Thornton @150/1 qualifies as a rank outsider but i think that price is decent,there's good outside value in Stephen o Hara @250/1

Both around 500 on betfair, might have a nibble on O'Hara.

Some small bets

Gallacher 46
    Canizaries 55
    Siem 150 (back to lay i hope)

leading Irish
    McGrane 14
    Lawrie 22

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dredge @ 50/1 E/W (Main bet_
    Moriarty @ 8/1 Top 20

and a couple of euro on..

McIlroy and JB Holmes E/W Double

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ive gone for rock at 50s mc dow at 15s
    overton at 22s
    all each way
    and small each way doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Anyone touching the make/miss the cut market...? A few interesting prices there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is it on telly anywhere other than RTÉ?

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Is it on telly anywhere other than RTÉ?

Sky Sports

Advertisement