Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I hope you do beat my score to be honest cause that'll give me a target when I test in a few weeks time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

You are both testing at the end of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Friday 22nd October-S1

Deadlifts

40kg x 8
    50kg x 8
    65kg x 5 (by accident..thought I had 75 on the bar..turns out I didn't)
    75kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    It's only the first rep that ever feels heavy on these, the rest are grand

Step ups

DB Side Bends/Arches

15kg DB

Partial Bench Press
    20kg - 2 x 10
    35kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 4
    45kg x 5
    Was so close to getting 5 x 5 on these..they felt good and strong.

Inverted rows using dipping bars

Round back Back extensions

DB Curls-I dislike alot..I just get bored
    7.5kg DBs - 5 x 8

Was happy today with the 5x 5 at 75kg deadlift and the oh so close 5x nearly 5 partial press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

gymfreak wrote: »
    [/B]

Ditto!!!

Ye chicks wouldn't understand.....

Curls are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

7.5kg DBs - 5 x 8

that's why I do pinwheels and other silly curl variations, can't stand regular curls.

that's why I do pinwheels and other silly curl variations, can't stand regular curls.

If I was left to my own devices I'd skip them entirely.:D

Saturday 23rd October
    Taking it easy today..did a lot of work earlier in the week and am a lil sore today.

So, just went to a Spin Class, been ages since I went to one and I enjoy them....Is that a good enough reason Hanley?:)
    Max HR 188 (96%) AV HR 163 (83%)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

So, just went to a Spin Class, been ages since I went to one and I enjoy them....Is that a good enough reason Hanley?:)

Nope. I thought we've been over this? :D:pac:

Sunday 24th October

5k run-didn't time it, wanted to go semi-easy.

Squat
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    45kg x 5 (3 sets)
    50kg x 5 (2 sets)
    These felt grand enough, and surprisingly they didnt even kill my hip flexors:eek:

Pushpress
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    30kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    30kg x 8

Hanging leg raises
    Well more like knee raises

Plate shifting
    1min x 3
    10kg, 5kg, 10kg, 5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mooo

Ye chicks wouldn't understand.....

Curls are awesome.

oh we'll have words about this henners!

• Advertisement

Mooo wrote: »
    oh we'll have words about this henners!

bring it

Tuesday 26th October- C2
    I've been logging and lifting for 3months now..tis mad..feels like a lot longer!
    AM
    Con. Block 10 mins

Sprints and Carries
    with 24kg kbs and 32kg kbs
    Grand enough- in fairness the 24's felt extremely light every time i picked them up..compared to the 32's

Work block 1 -15mins
    10 prisoner squats
    10 pushups
    10 band pullups
    11 rounds in 15.05mins

My arms were completely pumped after these two blocks..veins popping out of my forearms.

Con. Block 10 mins
    Sprints and Carries
    Started to get hard in the last two mins, grip started to go.

Work block 2-15mins
    5 DB snatch e/s 15kg-felt easy enough on both sides
    caterpillar crawl
    10 DB press 7.5kg
    6 rounds in 15 mins
    Same score as last time..but I worked bloody hard,..tis the DB press that's slowing me down..and the fact that I forget to breathe doing them:rolleyes:...next time!

Attempted a bit of foam rolling after, just quads and ITB..but I only lasted a few quick seconds. Gonna try do a lil bit of foam rolling from now on...it just hurts A LOT

PM
    Going for a light jog with friends

Tuesday 26th October- C2
    I've been logging and lifting for 3months now..tis mad..feels like a lot longer!
    AM
    Con. Block 10 mins

Sprints and Carries
    Grand enough- in fairness the 24's felt extremely light every time i picked them up..compared to the 32's

Work block 1 -15mins
    10 prisoner squats
    10 pushups
    10 band pullups
    11 rounds in 15.05mins

My arms were completely pumped after these two blocks..veins popping out of my forearms.

I'm convinced I'm not doing that caterpillar crawl the right way, it just looks and feel so silly! And it takes bloody ages! Do you fully stand up after each one like? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong...

As for that first workblock, I don't know how the hell you did 11 rounds of 10reps - push ups and pull ups together...ughhh.

G86 wrote: »
    I'm convinced I'm not doing that caterpillar crawl the right way, it just looks and feel so silly! And it takes bloody ages! Do you fully stand up after each one like? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong...
    The way I was shown was that you don't stand up after each one..just walk your hands out as far as they go, then walk your feet up to meet your hands,...hands out as far as they go..walk feet up to hands.Is that what you were doing?
    G86 wrote: »
    As for that first workblock, I don't know how the hell you did 11 rounds of 10reps - push ups and pull ups together...ughhh.
    All full pushups I may add:D:D..

The way I was shown was that you don't stand up after each one..just walk your hands out as far as they go, then walk your feet up to meet your hands,...hands out as far as they go..walk feet up to hands.Is that what you were doing?

You're a mean bi-atch so you are!!! :(

Re: the caterpillar...Na I was proper standing up after each one like, no wonder it was taking fecking ages!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Feckin hell! I'm impressed!

Also - must be great to be able to train during the day while the mid-term is on! You are like a professional athlete for the week!!!:D

Feckin hell! I'm impressed!

Also - must be great to be able to train during the day while the mid-term is on! You are like a professional athlete for the week!!!:D

yeah, Its awesome.
    Even better during the summer.
    12 weeks uninterrupted by pesky work

Wednesday 27th October-S2
    AM
    Hang Clean Press

20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x F..wasn't happening
    32kg x 5
    32kg x 5
    32kg x 5
    32kg x 5
    32kg x 5..these started to get sloppy towards the end..wasn't really thinking about what I was supposed to be doing, just kept chucking the bar up

GHR
    Getting the hang of this4 sets of 8

Med Ball Toss

Blue Band Pull ups 5 x 5
    felt harder today

Elevated Pushups

Plank

O/H plate ext
    10kg x 12 (5 sets)

PM
    Boxercise class:D

Blue Band Pull ups 5 x 5
    felt harder today.
    The hang cleans and press are going to take progressively more out of you.

Thursday 28th October-C1
    I've been training in IP for nearly a month now and very happy with how things are going. Excellent set up and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to train, just wish I'd started sooner!

C Block-
    10mins
    Prowler pushes-70kg
    12 pushes in 10mins-was very happy with this, only got 10 last time..so something must be working:D

Work Block 1-15mins
    10 TBDL 50kg
    10 Inv Rows on Dip Bars
    10 Wall Balls
    11 rounds=15mins:D...this did hurt though..lets just say when you are TBDL near enough to your BW 110 times altogether in 15mins it starts to hurt. But worse still, I'm figuring out that each time I do a workblock and go hell for leather trying to beat my last score I'm just making it harder for next time...vicous circle:)

C Block-10mins
    Prowler pushes-70kg
    12 pushes in 10mins:D Happy again!

Work Block 2-15mins
    5 Windmills e/s- 7.5kg
    10 Flat DB Press 12.5kg-These kill me, and to be honest if I wasn't trying so hard to beat my last score I probably wouldn't of done half of them..at least I'm learning to suck it up.
    10 DB Row e/s 15kg
    7 rounds in 15mins-same

All in all, was actually pretty damn impressed with myself today..and that doesn't happen often!

• Advertisement

I've been training in IP for nearly a month now and very happy with how things are going. Excellent set up and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to train, just wish I'd started sooner!
    So do I...and so do the Revenue.
    C Block-10mins
    Prowler pushes-70kg
    12 pushes in 10mins-was very happy with this, only got 10 last time..so something must be working:D
    We are going to stay at this till we get 15 in both blocks.
    Work Block 1-15mins
    10 TBDL 50kg
    10 Inv Rows on Dip Bars
    10 Wall Balls
    11 rounds=15mins:D...this did hurt though..lets just say when you are TBDL near enough to your BW 110 times altogether in 15mins it starts to hurt. But worse still, I'm figuring out that each time I do a workblock and go hell for leather trying to beat my last score I'm just making it harder for next time...vicous circle:)
    Don't worry when you get 12...it's going to change...we'll be making the deadlifts heavier :)

C Block-10mins
    Prowler pushes-70kg
    12 pushes in 10mins:D Happy again!
    I can't wait to see how 'happy' you are after you do 15.
    Work Block 2-15mins
    5 Windmills e/s- 7.5kg
    10 Flat DB Press 12.5kg-These kill me, and to be honest if I wasn't trying so hard to beat my last score I probably wouldn't of done half of them..at least I'm learning to suck it up.
    10 DB Row e/s 15kg
    7 rounds in 15mins-same
    Good...still have work to do on this one.
    All in all, was actually pretty damn impressed with myself today..and that doesn't happen often!
    I'm going to wipe that smile off your face...you see how this works now don't you? The better you get...the harder you get pushed and the further your next target gets away.

What we'll do is in 3 months time come back and do one of the conditioning sessions you did in the first week...we'll see what the difference is :)

We are going to stay at this till we get 15 in both blocks.
    Awhh..crap..that really doesn't sound pleasant..I am now very unimpressed!

Was just thinking that its easier when its heavier cos that way I don't have to push it as many times:( Way to ruin it on me:(
    Don't worry when you get 12...it's going to change...we'll be making the deadlifts heavier :)
    How very kind of you
    I can't wait to see how 'happy' you are after you do 15.
    :( I'm really not liking the sound of this. Just when I thought ya were nice
    I'm going to wipe that smile off your face...you see how this works now don't you? The better you get...the harder you get pushed and the further your next target gets away.
    Let me just emphasise this I'm not liking this...at all:mad: Whatever happened to the new and improved friendly Mr. Heffernan?

Friday 29th October-S1
    While doing my warm up this morning..decided to swing out of the bar and see if I could do a full pull up....AND I DID!!!!:D
    Being trying to get a pull up for months...so to say I was pretty damn chuffed is an understatement:D

Deadlifts
    40kg x 8
    50kg x 8
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    80kg x 5 These last few sets were hard, kind of starting to realise what it
    80kg x 5 feels like to be lifting heavy/ close to the max.
    80kg x 5

Step ups

DB Side Bends/Arches

17.5kg DB

Partial Bench Press
    20kg - 2 x 10
    35kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    46kg x 5
    47kg x 5
    48kg x 4
    48kg x 5
    50kg x 4:)

DB Curls
    7.5kg DBs - 5 x 10

A good day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Friday 29th October-S1
    While doing my warm up this morning..decided to swing out of the bar and see if I could do a full pull up....AND I DID!!!!:D
    Being trying to get a pull up for months...so to say I was pretty damn chuffed is an understatement:D

Awesome job.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Friday 29th October-S1
    Fair play! That's pretty cool!!!

Friday 29th October-S1
    I love it how people that train at IP comment on this sort of thing like it happens by accident or coincidence..."oh...I somehow went from doing no pull ups to some pull ups"...."oh...look at me now...I went from some to lots....how did that happen?" LOL.

I think when you test at the end of November you might surprise yourself. The lifts that you've missed lately are because you crap yourself when you find yourself doing stuff that you don't think you can do.

Somehow I've a feeling that for some strange reason unbeknownst to anyone that you might just bench more than 42kg on your bench test, that you might get a single pull up....which will beat your last test score...that you've more than 28 push ups and 11 inverted rows in you...and that after pulling several sets of 80kg for 5 reps with slick technique on the straight bar deadlift that you could kinda sorta pull more than 90kg on the trap bar...what do you think?

I don't know why I think that...but I do ;)
    Deadlifts
    40kg x 8
    50kg x 8
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    80kg x 5 These last few sets were hard, kind of starting to realise what it
    80kg x 5 feels like to be lifting heavy/ close to the max.
    80kg x 5
    Feels good doesn't it...light headed...seeing stars...sort of giddy :)

Step ups

DB Side Bends/Arches

17.5kg DB

Partial Bench Press
    20kg - 2 x 10
    35kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    46kg x 5
    47kg x 5
    48kg x 4
    48kg x 5
    50kg x 4:)
    I don't have you do anything that I don't KNOW that you can do. I set you up for success...not for failure...after all...the fitness industry is ONLY about results.

DB Curls
    7.5kg DBs - 5 x 10

A good day:)
    Gotta love the gunz.

The lifts that you've missed lately are because you crap yourself when you find yourself doing stuff that you don't think you can do.
    Can't argue with that.
    Feels good doesn't it...light headed...seeing stars...sort of giddy :)
    Yup, sounds about right...ya forgot confusion aswell
    I don't have you do anything that I don't KNOW that you can do. I set you up for success...not for failure...after all...the fitness industry is ONLY about results.
    :D:D
    Gotta love the gunz.
    Bleuughh..in fairness though I did kind of think that they may help in the getting of more pullups so I can persevere...look what you've done..I was happy with one pullup just a few short hours ago, now I'm already trying to outdo it:eek:

Stop catching up on me!
    This test day at the end of November could be a real treat.

My lungs are scared of the spider test already

Saturday 30th October-C2
    Had to prove that I wasn't a one trick pony today, so yes, I managed a pull up again:D really don't think this is gonna get old soon.

Con. Block-10mins
    Sprint block

Work block 1 -15mins
    10 prisoner squats
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    11 rounds in 14.30mins
    Same score again but 35 seconds quicker..was racing against G86 so that
    made me get a move on.

Con. Block 10 mins
    Sprint block

Work block 2-15mins
    5 DB snatch e/s 15kg-quickly becoming one of my favourites!
    caterpillar crawl
    10 DB press 7.5kg
    6 rounds in 15 mins
    Same score again just a bit quicker, managed it in 14.35. DB press felt a tad easier.

Have attempted to foam roll for a least a min or two every day this week

Have been really good dietwise for the last 4days and stayed away from chocolate and biscuits, I am a confessed chocaholic...only now the house is littered with choc for halloween:( Gonna try stay away from it cos I want to get my bodyfat down a lil.

• Advertisement

Monday 1st November-S2

Hang Clean Press

20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    33kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    33kg x 5..felt heavy

GHR