Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young scobes,able bodied using free travel passes on city buses?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

Im with you there, but you should be patient and ask a person to clarify a post rather than getting angry, deep breaths :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

zing zong wrote: »
    While I agree that the travel pass scam isn't on, I don't appreciate how you equate rent allowance to scum bags.

(granted you didn't explicitly say it, but the fact that you thought to mention that it was a "rent allowence house" at all, is a clear indication that to you rent allowance and scum bags go hand in hand)

there is a recession on, a lot of people are now on rent allowance, especially in Limerick, and while the lads you talk about could very well be scumbags, please don't try to link rent allowance to being a scumbag, it's childish[/QUO

I said that the rent allowance issue is another thread.in my eyes they are scum,their getting a nice house paid for but their anti social behaviour makes them scum their not one bit gratrful for what they are getting
    Theres not alot with them trust me they can run for the bus,drink beer every night,smoke dope,leave rubbish in the garden
    What makes me sick is going to work on the bus paying my fare and these scrotes getting on free,being rude and loud on the bus,they have their house paid for and getting dole they dont have to get off their holes

Nobody minds a decent person on rent allowance do you know why?Because nobody notices them cause they dont act like scum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I don't think anyone has suggested that skobes riding the bus for for free caused the recession ;)

However, people abusing free travel passes costs money if the Government has to supplement Bus Éireann for every free ride taken by chancers in Limerick. I doubt it's a major drain on tax resources, but it probably adds up to several thousand euro a year if these people are dodging fares often.

Not to mention a mini slap in the face to those who pay for the trip like we SHOULD be doing.

I take the same bus to work every single morning and I sh*t you not on more than one occasion I have been the ONLY one to end up actually handing money over on a trip of about 15 people.... about a third of them are OAP's or disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

bigpink wrote: »
    Do they live in Dooradoyle??

Pretty sure they do.
    Here's a tip for you if you're out in dooradoyle. Never get on Ballycummin bus on the way into town at 12pm, no matter what day of the week it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

i have a travel pass and there is nothing worng with me but my son has down syndrome and i am his full time carer.i use the pass to bring him to any hospital or doctor vists.i have had people say it to me when i was traveling on my own that i am abuseing the system. little do some people know.so dont judge a book by the cover.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement