Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Deco99 wrote: »
    playing 2% markets on things like tennis.

Whats this 2% markets?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_betting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Hi,

I've read on here from a few people that it is very easy get their online account limited or closed by a bookie. I've set my mate the challenge of having this done to him, just out of curiosity to see how easy this would happen and also it must mean you're winning. He won a big horse acca off a 5er and has about 400 quid in the account now. How should he proceed to get this account limited? Any advice on what bet sizes, minimum /maximum odds, particular sports?

I try hard not to get accounts limited , he already looks like a mug with a 5 pound bet on an acca.

I sometimes do small bets like 5 quid accas on non value lines to prolong the life of an account , if you want to get limited just give it to me ill have it limited in about 1 hour :)

Bet on big value line or money back specials only , take arbs , avoid accas and generally poor value bets, bet the max allowed for the money back special. Max out the sign up bonus.

A friend opened a paddy power for me for Australia tennis open offer refund if wins first set and loses match, new account deposited 2k did 20 x 100 bets on tennis matches and was limited to 1 pound bets next day.

Another friend opened a paddypower last time they had refund if draw in premier league i gave him list of games to take 1-0 2-1 and 2-0 on told him to deposit 1k and do 10 x 100 bets , 2 days later the account was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

So for example,

Given his stake, if he bet 100 on a horse @ evens and that horse went off @8/11. Would this be value betting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Just read the article on arbitration, it says 20-30% of people who do it are victims of hackers. Anyone have experience or heard of this happening?

Just read the article on arbitration, it says 20-30% of people who do it are victims of hackers. Anyone have experience or heard of this happening?
    No. It's also Wikipedia so don't believe everything you read unless it's backed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Hey lads. Having good bet on Leinster to cover the 16 and also an ospreys yellow card at evens on ladbrokes. Good luck if you follow

Isotonic wrote: »
    Hey lads. Having good bet on Leinster to cover the 16 and also an ospreys yellow card at evens on ladbrokes. Good luck if you follow

Both won

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Good stuff Iso as usual

Great calls. Followed both.

Backed Connacht +22 against Sarries. Feel its a massive cap and the boys for the west will make a fight of it till the last minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Backed Connacht +22 against Sarries. Feel its a massive cap and the boys for the west will make a fight of it till the last minute

those kicks from hog keeping connacht in it, killing my overs however.

What you make of later game, id liek toulon expect pitch looks rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Got that one wrong,no harm!What you going with today, anything you fance in the rugby/nfl?

Got that one wrong,no harm!What you going with today, anything you fance in the rugby/nfl?

Munster to covert he 14. Edinburgh card in 1st game

yep both bets in,cheers! anything else pal?

You on anything in the nfl

few games on tonight,you on anything iso?

Hi Mate am on Stade to cover the 6 points in the top 14. gl if you follow

Yep great shout.thanks mate

Anything for the weekend I so?

Hi mate. Sorry was out all day had few bets earlier and backed ireland here before start. That's prob it for night. If I was to have a bet just entering this game now I'd back England + 5 . Massive wind and they are dominating territory. That's just my view no money on that bet

• Advertisement

Hi mate. Sorry was out all day had few bets earlier and backed ireland here before start. That's prob it for night. If I was to have a bet just entering this game now I'd back England + 5 . Massive wind and they are dominating territory. That's just my view no money on that bet

Anything for the weekend,who you backing in the super bowl?

Wales to cover the 19 pointa against an abject looking Italy and an Italy yellow at 1.9 with Ladbrokes my investments for the opening game of the 6 nations .. (love this competition) All bets placed and im off to the pub to watch. Good luck if you follow (it would be wise)

not today,few decisions didnt go our way,shame looked class at half time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

i was all over Italy +20. Wales were always going to hold a bit back. tough call tomorrow, but i think Ireland might just cover the handicap.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    i was all over Italy +20. Wales were always going to hold a bit back. tough call tomorrow, but i think Ireland might just cover the handicap.

The try at the start of the second half ruined the bet, I'm still not sure why it was given as it was plain day he threw it forward.

On to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

The try at the start of the second half ruined the bet, I'm still not sure why it was given as it was plain day he threw it forward.

On to the next one
    It was plainly forward - how did the TMO miss it? If you look at the lines on the pitch (the way it's cut or rolled, about 3 yards each??) you see it was thrown at the start of one and caught at the end of it. That try gave Italy renewed courage for the second half - but who knows what would have happened. I got burnt on no Italy yellow - thought Wales would dominate closer to the line more and discipline under pressure would cost Italy especially with the home crowd highlighting it....but not to be! :(

I ended up backing Huget for first try in the France game and thanks to PP I got paid double the odds - so made a bit.

Tomorrow is another day - hopefully availing of more doubling odds from PP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Do Ireland cover the h'cap today Iso?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone know if mullhollands are doing any specials on 1st try scorer in Ireland game

Powers are doing double the odds if 1st try scoters scores again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

is there any bookies that are giving odds on the correct score of the superbowl????? link would be great thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Anything for the weekend Iso?

Advertisement