Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for One Day?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jeez, in 99% of driving a rear wheel drive car (when its powered as averagely as an IS200) its exactly the same as a front wheel drive car. Only when you get to the ragged edge does it matter. And as i imagine his bro will murder him, it wont get near the ragged edge.

He's not getting into an f1 car with the traction control turned off

No, he's getting into a RWD car with a girl he's bringing to the debs. He's already getting the car off his bro to show off, what says he won't show off more than that? Add some rain to that scenario and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

Have you heard of the "if everyone else jumps off a cliff" thing before? Doesn't mean its right. Anything happens and you'll be in a serious amount of shít before even getting your full license.

ya i know... but the brother would be with me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Haddockman wrote: »
    The various UK short term insurers would cover a car for export.

Even if the car is registered in Ireland?

kennethk wrote: »
    haha opps..18
    just cuguar is a word we use..ha

lol, cougar is American slang for what we call Milfs over here, when I was 24 I went out with a 34 year old (who had a couple of kids), didn't class her as a milf tbh. When you mentioned cougar I was thinging you were bringing a 40 year old to your debs :D

No, he's getting into a RWD car with a girl he's bringing to the debs. He's already getting the car off his bro to show off, what says he won't show off more than that? Add some rain to that scenario and see what happens.

easy up..
    1. don't have to show off, i think i'm in there.
    2. I know if i put a dent on that car, i would be KILLED
    3. i have drove faster cars e.g. Type R civic, Skyline, Evo IV..
    4. Putting petrol in that car, to show off will burn a BIG hole in my pocket..!

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    lol, cougar is American slang for what we call Milfs over here, when I was 24 I went out with a 34 year old (who had a couple of kids), didn't class her as a milf tbh. When you mentioned cougar I was thinging you were bringing a 40 year old to your debs :D

ha, no not that bad:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

CiniO wrote: »
    Even if the car is registered in Ireland?

If you're buying it for export, won't you need some type of insurance in the country you are bringing it to? I'm sure with their much better insurance companies they'll allow you insure an Irish reg car for a week or two till you get it legit, even our backward companies allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you're buying it for export, won't you need some type of insurance in the country you are bringing it to?
    It doesn't really matter, as all third party insurances from any EU country are valid in every EU country without any limits.
    I'm sure with their much better insurance companies they'll allow you insure an Irish reg car for a week or two till you get it legit, even our backward companies allow that.

I'd say in most countries insurance companies wouldn't insure a car registered in other country (in this case Ireland) on someone else's name.

I.E. if you want to export a car from Germany, you have to unregister it in there, get a set of temporary number plates and buy a temporary insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

CiniO wrote: »
    Del2005 wrote: »
    If you're buying it for export, won't you need some type of insurance in the country you are bringing it to?
    It doesn't really matter, as all third party insurances from any EU country are valid in every EU country without any limits.

I'd say in most countries insurance companies wouldn't insure a car registered in other country (in this case Ireland) on someone else's name.

I.E. if you want to export a car from Germany, you have to unregister it in there, get a set of temporary number plates and buy a temporary insurance.

Quinn insurance will happily insure you with a policy in the republic, even when the car has northern or UK reg, as long as you state, that you're importing the car. So do a few other insurances.

With a car from continental Europe it might get a wee bit more difficult, as they aren't used to that sort of thing.

Then again, other countries have temporary insurance policies :) so there's no problem there.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

That will really impress your date. The brother sitting in the back seat, telling her that the car is really his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If the brother will be with you then why not let him drive and you and the missus get comfy in the back seat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Chippy01

easy up.. i think i'm in there.
    QUOTE]

Not if she reads this thread, you're not!!! :o

Advertisement