Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD-BLACK OPS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i'd get rid of the kill cam...why should the person you've just killed see where you are if you've taken up a good position...also commando drives me nuts...no tactical insertion would cure the booster problem i think

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the_syco wrote: »
    Actually, if you are carrying a heavy weapon, malee is with the butt of the gun, and would knock 70% health off the enemy. That'd be more fun.

Like Halo, but without the instant death, I like it. Actually take out insta-kill knifing altogether, 2 knife strokes to kill, would stop all the runny stabby bull****, even without commando thats annoying as fcuk.
    i'd get rid of the kill cam...why should the person you've just killed see where you are if you've taken up a good position...also commando drives me nuts...no tactical insertion would cure the booster problem i think

You've played Hardcore yes? isnt it an unbearable campfest where nobody moves because you cant tell where they are? that would be the death of the CoD multiplayer franchise if you couldnt tell where who killed you was, camping central. Treyarch have already said Commando is gone, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

krudler wrote: »
    Like Halo, but without the instant death, I like it. Actually take out insta-kill knifing altogether, 2 knife strokes to kill, would stop all the runny stabby bull****

I agree with this but I'm wondering if you'll have guys storming around the map double tapping the right stick like there's no tomorrow.

Glad commando's gone, I hate it!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I realize Treyarch ave already commented on many of these issues but anyway...

1. Remove OMA, Commando, Danger Close and Scavenger(a perk I use in all but two of my classes.

Re-introduce Bandolier. Actually re-introduce the same perks as in COD4 except for Martydom and Juggernaut obviously.

2. Remove AC130, Chopper Gunner and Nuke.The rest are fine, though I'd like Emergency Package to contain 1 guaranteed UAV and 1 Ammo supply. I played a little bit this morning, got an EP. Got the following - Pavelow x2, Harrier and AC130. Fun as it is, it's ridiculous.

3. Remove Heartbeat sensors and thermal.

4. Remove Tac Insert.

5. Noob tubes should be in a perk slot.

That's all I can think of right now, I but in short revert back to COD4 but remove 2 crappy perks and add some of the good killstreaks in MW2 :pac:

scavenger I dont mind, but it should only replace ammo, not grenades or secondary weapon stuff like RPGs.

I cant wait to see what they do with it, when MW2 was coming out I wasnt really bothered as I was only interested in the single player due to my sh1tty broadband at the time, gonna be interesting to see what kind of killstreaks they come up with..

Since the game is set between 1960 and now, I wonder will maps have specific streaks, or will it be a mixed bag of everything?

• Advertisement

scavenger I dont mind, but it should only replace ammo, not grenades or secondary weapon stuff like RPGs.

I cant wait to see what they do with it, when MW2 was coming out I wasnt really bothered as I was only interested in the single player due to my sh1tty broadband at the time, gonna be interesting to see what kind of killstreaks they come up with..

Since the game is set between 1960 and now, I wonder will maps have specific streaks, or will it be a mixed bag of everything?

I get what your saying Krud, and while I ave no problem if Trey go that route, I think Bandolier will be a lot more fairer overall. I think people should have to use different weapons once ammo is run out and I'd like to see the player rewarded for using different guns in a single life if you follow. Good incentive for people to use different guns. Too many people rely on a single gun in a match namely ACR, Famas and the UMP. I'm the same at times as well of course. Be nice to see some variation IMHO.

Too add to my list above - I'd like to see the grenade blast radius increased(not to the level of COD4), it's too weak in MW2. I'd also like the see the throw range increased. I think many people were split over it on COD4, but I enjoyed those mental distance kills with nades. Youtube have some awesome grenade spots for maps in COD4 that are well wort checking out.
    But the blast radius definitely needs some tweaking.

The sniper rifles could do with a bit of beefing up too, without stopping power you have to aim for the head all the time or its hitmarker central

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Too add to my list above - I'd like to see the grenade blast radius increased(not to the level of COD4), it's too weak in MW2. I'd also like the see the throw range increased. I think many people were split over it on COD4, but I enjoyed those mental distance kills with nades. Youtube have some awesome grenade spots for maps in COD4 that are well wort checking out.
    But the blast radius definitely needs some tweaking.

I was thinking about this, I think the radius is actually too big in MW2! I can never seem to get away from the grenade warning icon in time. I have a look at the killcam and the guy isn't using Danger Close etc. I just find it a little too stronger than campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

the_syco wrote: »
    Boosting... I'm unsure of a way to counter this, other than having a "report boosting" page where you can upload videos to, to get people banned.

Im fairly sure the operating system should be able to recognise boosters, 2 or more players constantly killing each other in one particular spot. It should be able to recognise this and instead of tactically inserting beside the other person again, spawn them at the farthest away point on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

not looking to foward to this.

shooters set in ww1 and 2 and back in the past are played out big time since the playstation 1.

i just hate going from modern times with modern weapons back to old guns and story modes.

but ofcourse il give it a try:)

• Advertisement

shooters set in ww1 and 2 and back in the past are played out big time since the playstation 1.

i just hate going from modern times with modern weapons back to old guns and story modes.

wont be that far back, you'll still have stuff like AUG's and a bunch of the other guns that are in the current games. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with it, controllable vehicles for one, could be great, could be a disaster if they're not done correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Maybe, maybe not. One of the best guns from COD4, the colt .45 came into commission in 1911. A US marine staple weapon in Vietnam was the M16. Development on what would become the MP5 was in the mid-60s, the G3 was in use, the AK-47 had been around for more than a decade. The M40 sniper rifle was made from the mid-60s onwards.

Sure you'll lose your Barrett, P90, M240 and maybe the ACOGs would need to be replaced with other sights - but what might be on offer is more modern than in WW2 games.

I was thinking about this, I think the radius is actually too big in MW2! I can never seem to get away from the grenade warning icon in time. I have a look at the killcam and the guy isn't using Danger Close etc. I just find it a little too stronger than campaign.

Semtex has a bigger radius than the nade I'm fairly sure, part of the reason why it's so popular and the other is stickies(:P) are awesome :D

There is a huge difference between the nades in the MW games as I said though.

And yeah in campaign the nades are significantly weaker then in MP going back to the early COD games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gavitron22

stats! one thing i loved about cod 5 was that you could look in detail at peoples stats between games and see their kds, wins in a certain type of match, and where they were in the world, quite disappointed there was no lobby leaderboard!

Barrett, P90, M240, yeah losing these guns'll be alright for me i think! :rolleyes:

hope they do vehicles well, downfall on cod 5 was just pathetic, maybe that your character takes three seconds or so to mount or dismount, so they can be shot trying to get in? stops people jumping out and drop shotting you and just getting back in... make them more vulnerable etc

yeah bandolier makes way more sense, and scavenger was just too abused with nades tubes etc all coming back, i like the idea of bandolier more too!

i think the butt of the gun thing (while very halo-esque) would be good, particularly for sniper rifles and lmgs, whatever about a quick knife when using the tar say (from the picture), the idea of a quick knife with the 50 cal from the pic (or lmg) is just stupid

yeah i think 55 would be better than 70, it's just too high really, mentally, after coming from 55

raze i was kinda thinking that sounded wierd about inverting the pro perks, so pro would mean less, but i actually like the sound of i now, needing more skill to use it to the same level of efficiency, i like it, it would level up the silly stuff unlocked later!

oh also, as someone said: NIGHT VISION! i would love to play a map where you needed night vision, with some bright that would glare as well so you'd have to change it up! i think this'd be class, we used to play vacant with night vision just cos it was cool, albeit, useless... would like to see it implimented, particularly disappointing there wasn't a night vision level in mw2 given the prestige edition!

also someone said about ninja pro not playing through directionally on the head phones just coming out both, what about this (come to think of it it woudn't worl as it has no real basis but would still be terribly cool, particularly for clutch moments in search):

instead of the footsteps coming from a sort of nuetral channel, have them come from the exact opposite direction than where the person is, so if someone is walking to the right of someone, they'd hear it on the left, or maybe just slightly distorted spatially, ok, i know, it makes no sense and would probably not work, but damn it'd be cool last man standing in search and you hear footsteps and dunno whether to look ahead or watch your back! impractical<cool....? seen as half mw2 was impractical as hell anyway! :pac:

Wonder will there be MW2 levels in in the inevitable map packs? although IW probably own them so it may not happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Wonder will there be MW2 levels in in the inevitable map packs? although IW probably own them so it may not happen
    Doubt it, there will probably be world at war maps included though

Definitely not. There to be proved wrong so I'am but I simply hope there will be no MW2 maps as the majority are poor IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Would like to see noob tubes' range restricted, similar to 'nades. None of this spawn tubing nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lurching wrote: »
    Im fairly sure the operating system should be able to recognise boosters, 2 or more players constantly killing each other in one particular spot. It should be able to recognise this and instead of tactically inserting beside the other person again, spawn them at the farthest away point on the map.
    Yes and no - I've gone counter sniper against people. They'd kill me, but in a public game, I do it for kicks, as it usually helps me be a better sniper by learning how to kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sphitt fire

just watched the multiplayer trailer . looks gud enuf there is some interesting killstreaks like a deployable camera to give you a thermal view of wherever you deploy it ,displayed in the top left of the screen. care packages are still there. some sort of predator missisle that looks like its fired from the ground. and lastly to my disgust after 3 kills you are awarded an r.c car rigged with explosives thats looks like you have to drive it into somebody to blow it up, i hope that is the case because remote detonation would ruin the game . oh yeah looks like there is new melee weapons the spetznaz ballistic knife appaears in the trailer looks great but im not to sure about the crossbow with exploding arrows ... over all though it looks good the maps shown look amazing with rockets taking off and the explosions from airstrike are the best ive ever seen. you should check this trailer out if you havnt already .

• Advertisement
Advertisement