Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD-BLACK OPS

Options
  • 25-07-2010 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

If u cant wait for cod black ops to be released or u just need to burn some time before it does. please leave a post with your opinion on what should or should not be included in the game or just anything about the game.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Zombie mode...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Joneser wrote: »
    Zombie mode...
    I second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MW2 CRAZY

back to the thread i would like to see no commando no nube tubes and no ti would make the game much better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When you prestige you get to keep one weapon and all it's attachments.

Think I posted this on an earlier thread :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When you prestige you get to keep one weapon and all it's attachments.

Think I posted this on an earlier thread :)
    That's pretty cool i haven't really heard much about black ops yet but thats helpful thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sorry Dude that' s just what I'd want but I doubt it's going to be in the game.

If I have to unlock akimbo glocks one more time I'm gonna go mental

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Let's start again :)

sphitt fire, it's always a good idea to check out the other threads on the first couple of pages of the forum to see if someone else has already started such a discussion, otherwise you end up with dozens of threads on the same subject and no real 'flow' to the conversation.

Secondly, while that rant was quite funny, we don't do personal abuse here so next time you start that you'll get ban from the forum.

Lads, he's a newbie to boards.ie, give him a break.

What would I like to see changed?

I'd like to see the Tactical Insertion either removed from the game or only be deployed four times in a game, or perhaps only usable if there is a 20 second delay on the respawn.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sorry Dude that' s just what I'd want but I doubt it's going to be in the game.

If I have to unlock akimbo glocks one more time I'm gonna go mental
    aww i see lol it aint happening then lol dame unlock all them attactments again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sphitt fire

i think it would b gud if u choose from different melee weapons like tomahawks knifes etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

No quick scoping.
    Certain weapons not allowed on some maps(Noob tubes in CQB maps annoy me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I'd like some kickback off the automatic weapons, as if they were actually firing bullets.

For sniper rifles, no silencers, instead flash suppressors - i.e. no tracers on the bullets, but an audible sound. Same thing for light machine guns.

If they're going to persist with Perks and Pro perks then I hope they put the Pro perk first, i.e. you unlock Ninja Pro, then after 50 close range kills now you have footsteps. And as a twist, instead of Ninja Pro/Dead Silence, how about making the perk that instead of being silent, you move audibly, but any opponent who hears you doesn't get channel separation (i.e. doesn't hear you on the left or right, but on a centre channel, so they know you're there, just not where).

I don't care if commando is included again per se, but if it is I'd like if the recovery time was sufficiently long that people would only stab if they knew they were going to be safe from fire afterwards.

Nerf automated air support, and replace cold blooded with UAV jammer again so in future high ranking players don't get to just ignore the choppers that are killing their teammates, and killsteaks might actually be useful in hardcore modes.

Pimp out the leaderboards - c'mon, BFBC2 had per weapon accuracy statistics, why doesn't COD? Why can't I see a breakdown of my friends' playtime over playlists, who prefers TDM, SND, FFA etc.

Drop thermal (along with cold blooded), drop heart beat sensors (doesn't really fit with Vietnam era anyway), bring back night vision, and the HDR visual effects (daylight bright to the point of blooming when you're camped in the shadows etc).

Make explosive primaries and secondaries very inaccurate unless fired from crouch/prone so they're not effective run and gun options.

10 second cooldown at round start before explosive weapons can be spammed.

Multiple spawns on maps for TDM, i.e. not just OpFor spawn, Ranger spawn, but two teams spawn at two out of four possible locations.

Minimal auto-aim so that ADS doesn't magically put crosshairs on target to make quick scopes an exercise in prediction, not in spinning.

Make the optics in sniper scopes more accurate than then gun for automatic rifles, i.e. sometimes the gun will inexplicably fire wide, so autos are different from bolt action.

Bring back the photo-realistic ACOG reticle from COD4 instead of MW2's ACOG.

Black out the field of vision outside of the ACOG that isn't zoomed in on.

Introduce a degradation in visual quality in the sniper scopes so that if you hold the gun's sights up for a sustained period you will have to drop it because of sweat gathering in the eyepiece.

Tweak tactical insertions so they're carried equipment but they mean that a teammate can spawn on you, like in BFBC2, but you can't choose where to spawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

raze wrote: »
    I'd like some kickback off the automatic weapons, as if they were actually firing bullets.

For sniper rifles, no silencers, instead flash suppressors - i.e. no tracers on the bullets, but an audible sound. Same thing for light machine guns.

If they're going to persist with Perks and Pro perks then I hope they put the Pro perk first, i.e. you unlock Ninja Pro, then after 50 close range kills now you have footsteps. And as a twist, instead of Ninja Pro/Dead Silence, how about making the perk that instead of being silent, you move audibly, but any opponent who hears you doesn't get channel separation (i.e. doesn't hear you on the left or right, but on a centre channel, so they know you're there, just not where).

I don't care if commando is included again per se, but if it is I'd like if the recovery time was sufficiently long that people would only stab if they knew they were going to be safe from fire afterwards.

Nerf automated air support, and replace cold blooded with UAV jammer again so in future high ranking players don't get to just ignore the choppers that are killing their teammates, and killsteaks might actually be useful in hardcore modes.

Pimp out the leaderboards - c'mon, BFBC2 had per weapon accuracy statistics, why doesn't COD? Why can't I see a breakdown of my friends' playtime over playlists, who prefers TDM, SND, FFA etc.

Drop thermal (along with cold blooded), drop heart beat sensors (doesn't really fit with Vietnam era anyway), bring back night vision, and the HDR visual effects (daylight bright to the point of blooming when you're camped in the shadows etc).

Make explosive primaries and secondaries very inaccurate unless fired from crouch/prone so they're not effective run and gun options.

10 second cooldown at round start before explosive weapons can be spammed.

Multiple spawns on maps for TDM, i.e. not just OpFor spawn, Ranger spawn, but two teams spawn at two out of four possible locations.

Minimal auto-aim so that ADS doesn't magically put crosshairs on target to make quick scopes an exercise in prediction, not in spinning.

Make the optics in sniper scopes more accurate than then gun for automatic rifles, i.e. sometimes the gun will inexplicably fire wide, so autos are different from bolt action.

Bring back the photo-realistic ACOG reticle from COD4 instead of MW2's ACOG.

Black out the field of vision outside of the ACOG that isn't zoomed in on.

Introduce a degradation in visual quality in the sniper scopes so that if you hold the gun's sights up for a sustained period you will have to drop it because of sweat gathering in the eyepiece.

Tweak tactical insertions so they're carried equipment but they mean that a teammate can spawn on you, like in BFBC2, but you can't choose where to spawn.
    I think your forgetting that infinity ward are NOT developing black ops

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats a good once, its annoying getting a hail of grenades sailing in the second a match starts as the other team knows precisely where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

raze wrote: »
    If they're going to persist with Perks and Pro perks then I hope they put the Pro perk first, i.e. you unlock Ninja Pro, then after 50 close range kills now you have footsteps.

I don't understand what you mean by the top paragraph.

The sniper one is interesting though ;)
    Could help stop people camping with snipers pointed in 1 direction hoping someone runs past.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean by the top paragraph.

The sniper one is interesting though ;)
    Could help stop people camping with snipers pointed in 1 direction hoping someone runs past.

What I mean about Pro perks is that the more you use a particular perk, the more you're getting used to its advantages - so the perk shouldn't get better because you're using it more. Instead, I'd rather if the perk got more limited.

As an example, if Hardline was in the next game - what if at rank 4 or whatever on your first playthrough you can make a class that gives you lower requirement for killstreaks, AND the pro perk dropping the requirement for deathstreaks - so the inexperienced player has more of a perk than someone who has been playing for ages.

The way I see it, there's a curve in MW2 for unlocking perks - kind of like between ranks 1 to 30 it's pretty steep for new players. But once they get there they're golden (cold blooded, ninja, Stingers - the perks that extend killstreaks and neuter enemy air support are finally available). After that point, why keep rewarding players with pro versions of perks? This widens the gulf between what a player can feasibly do at rank 1 and rank 70, I'd prefer a model where the player is the difference, not the perk.

As an exception to my point however, in the case of Cold Blooded Pro - I'm all for an incentive for people to use CB and be rewarded for taking down air support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Remove auto-aiming and make it impossible for sniper rifles to fire without ADS - quick-scoping is beyond ridiculous.

Agree with making melee a secondary and explosives a perk.

Make all objective games kill-streakless? Or maybe invert the Barebones playlist instead? People not playing the objectives = :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Toes

I definitely agree with removing commando, tac insertion, thermal and heart beat sensors. Id like to see preset killstreak rewards that arent retarded (a.k.a Chopper Gunner). Maybe bring back cage matches so boosters could boost in private instead of ruining FFA matches.

Also perks should be simpler, there shouldnt be pro levels for them. 55 levels instead of 70 would be better imo. Different challenges for each prestige level as well, i.e. you would have to complete all challenges for a given prestige to prestige again. Why? Because I felt that in MW2 prestiges meant nothing...

Basically just add the parts of MW2 that werent retarded and add them to COD4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

i think it would b gud if u choose from different melee weapons like tomahawks knifes etc..

Would you mean that in a purely visual way, or for each to have different stats (lower speed, longer range etc)

If you stand/crouch/stay prone in the one spot for more than a minute you become visible on UAV even if the enemy don't have UAV.

I suppose in Black ops they are going to have Springfields with mounted grenade launchers so they can only be fired from crouch. It's more realistic that way.

Realistic recoil.

No deathstreaks. If you're bad stop playing the game.

No Juggernaut perk. It's just ridiculous.

Sniper rifles have realistic weight. You can't sprint with a sniper because of the weight unless you're like a weightlifter.

If you stand/crouch/stay prone in the one spot for more than a minute you become visible on UAV even if the enemy don't have UAV.

I suppose in Black ops they are going to have Springfields with mounted grenade launchers so they can only be fired from crouch. It's more realistic that way.

Realistic recoil.

No deathstreaks. If you're bad stop playing the game.

No Juggernaut perk. It's just ridiculous.

Sniper rifles have realistic weight. You can't sprint with a sniper because of the weight unless you're like a weightlifter.

That pisses me off, that a 50cal rifle apparently is easier to run around with than an assault rifle.

which do you think is easier to run with in real life:

this:
    July2007287.jpg

or this:

50cal2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

A longer single player would be nice too.

Mostly thoughts about online here I'd agree with, just want a lengthy single player mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is that my beloved TAR in the top pic?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Is that my beloved TAR in the top pic?

Tis, great gun, only thing I dont like on it is the red dot sight, its horrendous looking in the game and makes it harder to aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

TAR plus silencer is the way to go imo.

If ye want a sight aid, get a golden lab :D;):D

(*you are right though - the sight is useless)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Remove all stupid perks. No akimbo-shotgun-that-is-better-than-a-SMG sillyness. Any perks should be ones that you can "actually" get IRL. Have a limit of how many choppers you can call in. Remove the ability of "carrying" something (like a chopper) to the next round, unless you get it in the last minute of the previous round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

the_syco wrote: »
    Remove all stupid perks. No akimbo-shotgun-that-is-better-than-a-SMG sillyness. Any perks should be ones that you can "actually" get IRL. Have a limit of how many choppers you can call in. Remove the ability of "carrying" something (like a chopper) to the next round, unless you get it in the last minute of the previous round.

A limit of choppers per person? Or in the game for everyone? I don't the think the helicopters are bad in comparision with boosting, camping etc.!

A limit of choppers per person? Or in the game for everyone? I don't the think the helicopters are bad in comparision with boosting, camping etc.!
    Per person. Camping can happen in any game, from Duke3D, to BFBC2. Boosting... I'm unsure of a way to counter this, other than having a "report boosting" page where you can upload videos to, to get people banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sphitt fire

Denny M wrote: »
    Would you mean that in a purely visual way, or for each to have different stats (lower speed, longer range etc)
    ehh havnt thought about it that way but id say different stats for different melee weapons would be gud. sorta like the tactical knife speeds up your melee

ehh havnt thought about it that way but id say different stats for different melee weapons would be gud. sorta like the tactical knife speeds up your melee

christ no, theres enough annoying people who run around stabbing people as it is, giving them even more unbalanced weapons would ruin it further.

• Advertisement

Actually, if you are carrying a heavy weapon, malee is with the butt of the gun, and would knock 70% health off the enemy. That'd be more fun.

Advertisement