Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohemian Grove - What are these Freaks up to ? ha!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Ever dress up for Halloween?

Boo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So can we actually see some kind of evidence that they sacrifice anything living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Im not a world leader. Its silly and highly inappropriate for grown men with such importance to behave in this manner.
    I can see it now, cowan as peter pan, Bertie as scooby doo and noel dempsey as little red riding hood, running around the pheonix park, sacrificing the deer to the owl god:rolleyes:

Same could be said about a world leader praying to god.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Im not a world leader. Its silly and highly inappropriate for grown men with such importance to behave in this manner.
    I can see it now, cowan as peter pan, Bertie as scooby doo and noel dempsey as little red riding hood, running around the pheonix park, sacrificing the deer to the owl god:rolleyes:
    You'd be amazed at how acting the opposite to what is expected cab releave stress. They're basically acting like frat boys. You see similar in all walks of life. Many companies go on corporate retreats so that the staff can forget about the office and bond. This seems just like a more childish version.

Sparticle wrote: »
    So in conclusion some rich people dress up and follow non-mainstream traditions for two weeks. Because it is different it must be evil?

What makes you call it evil ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

humanji wrote: »
    You'd be amazed at how acting the opposite to what is expected cab releave stress. They're basically acting like frat boys. You see similar in all walks of life. Many companies go on corporate retreats so that the staff can forget about the office and bond. This seems just like a more childish version.

Pretty much how regular blokes act when they are out together and away from the family. Just on a less grand scale.

What makes you call it evil ?

I'm not calling it evil. :confused:

I am merely referencing the xenophobia the ct world exhibits to such things.

Yah, the elites are so misunderstood. :rolleyes:
    Pretty much how regular blokes act when they are out together and away from the family. Just on a less grand scale.

Next work outing, Pretend Human sacrifice session.

Bring your fairy wings :P

spank spank

Yah, the elites are so misunderstood. :rolleyes:

Bring your fairy wings :P

spank spank

Why not, Ive pretended to be a Teletubby for a weekend, playing pretend with human sacrifice sounds pretty easy.

The key word here is pretend.

Once again the only difference between this and supposedly eating the body of christ at mass is that one is culturally accepted while one is not.

There's no harm being done so what's the problem??

• Advertisement

Why not, Ive pretended to be a Teletubby for a weekend, playing pretend with human sacrifice sounds pretty easy.

Hi Tinky Winky, thanks for your reply. For future reference, please don't reply to my threads while in uniform. ;)
    The key word here is pretend.

Once again the only difference between this and supposedly eating the body of christ at mass is that one is culturally accepted while one is not.

Maybe there is a problem, I didn't say there was. What are you suggesting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

What's the point having a cremation of care ritual if no harm will/has been done? I don't understand what you mean.

In the thread title you called them freaks so I assume you have a problem with them.

If you don't think there is a problem, then why are you calling them Freaks and Weirdos?

Talkiewalkie, stop making personal comments!

squod wrote: »
    What's the point having a cremation of care ritual if no harm will/has been done? I don't understand what you mean.

Why does the cremation of care ritual imply that there is any harm?

It's a traditional symbolic ritual and it does no harm to anybody (Except the poor effigy). It's not as if it's magic and will bond their souls to satan or anything.

Every time i go to a catholic wedding I'm expected to pretend I'm a cannibal and eat the dead body of somebody who died 2010 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

lol

In the thread title you called them freaks so I assume you have a problem with them.

If you don't think there is a problem, then why are you calling them Freaks and Weirdos?

I feel that it is freaky, it's my opinion. It aint right, presidents and the likes, dressing up as fairies etc... Don't get me wrong shampers, I like the outdoors and the telly tubbies, I just don't want to see the world leaders playing fairy games in the woods.
    Talkiewalkie, stop making personal comments!

Ok, apologies to the victims, thanks.

• Advertisement

Oh hey look at that, you can just walk in...

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/bohemian_grove_spy.html

The fiends.

King Mob wrote: »

The fiends.
    I'm on the internet a fair bit and like most people my attention span is gone,I read 1 line of that and gave up lol

The fiends.

But you can't drive in...

digme wrote: »
    I'm on the internet a fair bit and like most people my attention span is gone,I read 1 line of that and gave up lol

Video is better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Why does the cremation of care ritual imply that there is any harm?
    It's a traditional symbolic ritual and it does no harm to anybody (Except the poor effigy). It's not as if it's magic and will bond their souls to satan or anything.

The cremation of care ceremony.............
    This "cremation" symbolizes that members are banishing the "dull cares" of conscience.[

What's the point in banishing you conscience unless you have done or will do something that will effect your conscience? C'mon.

I'm trying to reverse it though, I've ordered a langer load of books off the bookdepository and am trying my best :)

What's the point in banishing you conscience unless you have done or will do something that will effect your conscience? C'mon.

You mean like getting **** faced and dancing around in stupid costumes?

Like dancing around dressed as a fairy? If they're acting like kids for the week, doing childish rituals then they could start the whole thing off with one that symbolises letting go of their worries. You know, like getting the first round in, in the pub on a friday.

It's also possible that it's just a stupid name given to a stupid ritual by stupid people and it may not mean anything. It's all guess work, really.

Like dancing around dressed as a fairy? If they're acting like kids for the week, doing childish rituals then they could start the whole thing off with one that symbolises letting go of their worries. You know, like getting the first round in, in the pub on a friday.

It's also possible that it's just a stupid name given to a stupid ritual by stupid people and it may not mean anything. It's all guess work, really.

It almost sounds like you have been caught doing the dirty and are making up excuses for it. Nobody is accusing you. Chill :D

• Advertisement

It almost sounds like you have been caught doing the dirty and are making up excuses for it. Nobody is accusing you. Chill :D
    What? :confused:

Advertisement