Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He takes a whiskey drink...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Something else - do tell us
    Zaph wrote: »
    What heresy is this? Last Train to Clarksville is one of The Monkees' finest tunes.

The Monkees weren't technically a band, now were they? Did you see that VH1 documentary on them?

(and how the f**k did I manage to spell Clarksville with a 'K'?)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    The Monkees weren't technically a band, now were they? Did you see that VH1 documentary on them?

(and how the f**k did I manage to spell Clarksville with a 'K'?)

Actually Peter Tork and Mike Nesmith were both excellent musicians, and as time went by Mickey Dolenz became a passable enough drummer. I don't think Davy Jones' tambourine playing got much better though.

Didn't see the documentary, must look out for it.

Zaph wrote: »
    Didn't see the documentary, must look out for it.

It was basically Micky Dolenz saying they weren't a band and for Davy Jones to drop it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It was basically Micky Dolenz saying they weren't a band and for Davy Jones to drop it.

Well they were as manufactured as Girls Aloud, so I know what he means.

I have a Best of album of theirs that came with a bonus CD of lesser known stuff, including the Monkees theme in Italian. It kind of loses something in translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Oh wait, I've used that one already.

Anyway, interesting results from that last survey, so I am taking it a step further and focussing on whiskey.

I have Zaph to thank for getting me into bourbon, but he will never forgive me for taking a liking to Jim Beam. Cheap and cheerful, that's me.

So, if you were to pour yourself a small one at the end of the day, what would it be?

BANNED: REASON post irrelevant Material, repeatedly post the same or similar Material or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Boards.ie servers or infrastructure

I've been dying to say that for years Tom

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Objection! No such thing as Scottish Whiskey.
    juke wrote: »
    Couldn't go near the bourbon - smells like aftershave :confused:
    Dude, that was aftershave. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Right there with you, brother.

I got four 750ml bottles in duty free for 40 Euro. Bliss. They even came in their own carry case, with a handle.

It sounds like sacrilige but if you like Beam try the Lidl Bourbon its called western gold and is surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

If were not talking real fancy stuff then I would go with Canadian Club, delicious with nothing more than two ice cubes.

And the best Ive had of any would have to be ''number 9 whiskey'' blended locally in Henrey Downes Pub, in Waterford.

I wouldn't put a mixer on the same table as this Uisce Beatha.

If were not talking real fancy stuff then I would go with Canadian Club, delicious with nothing more than two ice cubes.
    In other news, anyone try that Canadian Club muck? Had to resort to trying it recently, for many reasons, and it was utterly rancid. My tastes bud are prone to take hammering from manys a different taste, but this really did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Terrible stuff.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

black bush, the finest whiskey known to man

i only have it on occasion now because it causes me to get giddy/silly

Reminded me of this!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement