Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Screens! *** Read Mod Note in Initial Post First!!! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

papu wrote: »
    SC20110723-072539.png

This is what I got after Resetting and Flashing to Gingerbread on my SGS
    :D

Should the date automatically appear in Clockr? I installed it but its only showing the time. Cant see it in the settings menu??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

171270.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I had mine up but the whore disappeared, so here it is..

screenshot-1312786246146.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Here are my latest. Using LauncherPro. Funny how it all looks better on the phone itself.
    2011-08-19_09-45-45.jpg
    2011-08-19_09-51-04.jpg
    2011-08-19_09-53-39.jpg
    2011-08-19_09-53-54.jpg

Widgets in order of appearance;
    - Widgetsoid for all my toggles
    - mClock
    - Beautiful weather
    - FolderOrganizer.
    - LauncherPro friends widget
    - Taptu for the difffferent news items.
    - Google music (transparent mod)
    - Audio Manager
    - ESPN Scorecentre (transparent mod)
    - Google+
    - Dictionary.com word of the day.

There's one more screen with pure calendar widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

keano_afc wrote: »
    Should the date automatically appear in Clockr? I installed it but its only showing the time. Cant see it in the settings menu??

Think its only in the paid version.

• Advertisement

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    2011-08-19_09-45-45.jpg

Does the flip clock actually flip?

lewis wrote: »
    Does the flip clock actually flip?

No... I think there might be another version that does though.

No... I think there might be another version that does though.

I`ve never came across it....

I may be wrong, but I thought I'd seen another version. I'm perfectly happy with the look of mclock though, and so haven't dug any deeper into getting an animated version.

I may be wrong, but I thought I'd seen another version. I'm perfectly happy with the look of mclock though, and so haven't dug any deeper into getting an animated version.

You would think since its called flip cock, it would actually flip, flipping yolk, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Nolimits wrote: »
    37637753366400106646981.jpg

37637892967855906791641.jpg

37637902168104926818803.jpg

Wow, looks great.
    As someone who got a new galaxy s2 yesterday all this is new to me (indeed, a phone with a colour screen and internet access is new to me).

Not sure if this is the place to ask you guys but i'll post this anyway in case anyone can help, but where should i be looking to access these type of homescreens/themes?. I'd like to do something more advanced than the default homepage on my new phone. Do i have to modify or root the phone first ( i have only a basic idea of this concept from reading the posts above-my phone is 02 bill pay so not a unlocked one) or can i access similar types of themes the rest of you use without altering the phone. Since i got it yesterday i've put a couple of the design app's on it such as circle battery and Beautiful Widgets, put nothing as yet to change the homepage theme. A lot of you mention LauncherPro...is this what i need...or would i have to root or modify my new phone first?.
    Thanks a mil, if i should be posting this in some android beginners thread feel free to abuse!

Wow, looks great.
    As someone who got a new galaxy s2 yesterday all this is new to me (indeed, a phone with a colour screen and internet access is new to me).

Not sure if this is the place to ask you guys but i'll post this anyway in case anyone can help, but where should i be looking to access these type of homescreens/themes?. I'd like to do something more advanced than the default homepage on my new phone. Do i have to modify or root the phone first ( i have only a basic idea of this concept from reading the posts above-my phone is 02 bill pay so not a unlocked one) or can i access similar types of themes the rest of you use without altering the phone. Since i got it yesterday i've put a couple of the design app's on it such as circle battery and Beautiful Widgets, put nothing as yet to change the homepage theme. A lot of you mention LauncherPro...is this what i need...or would i have to root or modify my new phone first?.
    Thanks a mil, if i should be posting this in some android beginners thread feel free to abuse!

Launcher Pro is one of many launchers you can get on the market, each one has many ways to theme them, also if you go to XDA.com you`ll find a load of icons/themes/app icons for every parts of your phone, just do some reading up on it, but once your rooted, there`s no limits, you can change everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Launcher Pro is one of many launchers you can get on the market, each one has many ways to theme them, also if you go to XDA.com you`ll find a load of icons/themes/app icons for every parts of your phone, just do some reading up on it, but once your rooted, there`s no limits, you can change everything.

Ah, right Lewis, so it does need to be rooted first. I toyed around with Launcher Pro but all its doing at the moment is turning my photo screensaver blurry, now at least i know why!. I guess i'll have to root it now to start using more advanced features and widgets. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Doesnt need to be rooted to do the above, it's just golauncher with a batman theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ah, right Lewis, so it does need to be rooted first. I toyed around with Launcher Pro but all its doing at the moment is turning my photo screensaver blurry, now at least i know why!. I guess i'll have to root it now to start using more advanced features and widgets. Thanks
    For LauncherPro you wouldnt need to root. Rooting would allow changing things like boot animations, default notification icons and using custom roms.
    Things like Launcher Pro, Go Launcher EX and ADW can be full used without it

I know with Launcher Pro you can get an app called Launcher Pro Icons and it`s very good for changing icons and docks, it`s up dated as well, it would be a good starter for you, you also could use Desktop Visualizer from the market and have any picture/text you want for a widget, you`ll see along with that other similar apps, try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Some class themes here. Just a question, do you need to have Launcher Pro Plus to get themes or do they work on the free version?

Is GoLauncher better?

Some class themes here. Just a question, do you need to have Launcher Pro Plus to get themes or do they work on the free version?

Is GoLauncher better?

It`s not just the launcher that`s behind all the themes, there only a part of what you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a BoxTheme for Go Launcher.

screenshot-1314228108643.pngscreenshot-1314227667875.pngscreenshot-1314228773481.png

The last pic is the Go Launcher SMS Widget with a transparent skin. I really like it!

I was not aware of the transparency skin for the Go Widgets! Now the calendar widget looks all the sexy :D

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    I was not aware of the transparency skin for the Go Widgets! Now the calendar widget looks all the sexy :D

I am using Jorte for the calender myself. Does the Go Launcher one sync up with google calenders coz I'd change just to use the transparent skin!

mars bar wrote: »

I am using Jorte for the calender myself. Does the Go Launcher one sync up with google calenders coz I'd change just to use the transparent skin!
    Yep thats what I use it with. Much prefer it to Jorte mainly cause its both grid and agenda in 1

Yep thats what I use it with. Much prefer it to Jorte mainly cause its both grid and agenda in 1

Class, I'll try that so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

lads launcher home screen, is there a way to change the dock at the bottom? never used it as I don't like the 5 icons (like the stock 3 icon style) installed there but couldn't see any options. there was a dock style and theme but need to install ones. would these reduce the 5 icons?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure what launcher you are using, but try holding your finger on one of the dock buttons to open the options for it (change app, change icon etc.)

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure what launcher you are using, but try holding your finger on one of the dock buttons to open the options for it (change app, change icon etc.)

Sorry I use ADW and have it like this, but go launcher I was looking at, and was wondering if can change the number of icons across the bottom of the homescreen? as above on go launcher they have 5 across the bottom, can you change this to the style of vanilla gingerbread is what I am asking?

eoferrall wrote: »
    Sorry I use ADW and have it like this, but go launcher I was looking at, and was wondering if can change the number of icons across the bottom of the homescreen? as above on go launcher they have 5 across the bottom, can you change this to the style of vanilla gingerbread is what I am asking?

You can change icons to blank so theres nothing there. So you can have any number of icons at the bottom

You can change icons to blank so theres nothing there. So you can have any number of icons at the bottom

cool seems like a suitable workaround. I'll look into more tinkering at the weekend.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

ADWSettings > UI Settings > Main Dock Style

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    ADWSettings > UI Settings > Main Dock Style

Yeah i have it in ADW, wondering was the same possible in go.:)

Advertisement