Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom cruise and Cameron Diaz on this weeks TG

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Poly wrote: »
    They can really pull it out of the bag when they want to do a serious piece.

Damn right.

Apart from the news which was bollocks as always, this was actually a pretty good episode, if not the best they've had in a number of series. Snow and cars often make for great visuals, the cheese and onion Porsche was a bit of daft and thankfully the end of Hammond's contribution to the episode, the Veryon piece was great and I was glad Slow was doing it. Hopefully this will shut Jeremy up about the green movement destroying the car industry or some such nonsense. The SIARPC thing felt slightly awkward in parts and was a bit of a love in, but who cares? The Senna piece was very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

keithg89 wrote: »
    Clarkson really does have the best job in the world. Cameron Diaz, Aston Martin, tyre smoke, no more needs to be said.

It was a Jag XK8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Don't think there is enough fast times on the SIARPC to know how fast it is.

Sure we will see JK on soon to smash it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I was fully expecting Tom to jump up and down on the couch Oprah style.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Tom Cruise is actually a really nice guy, scientology aside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Tom Cruise is actually a really nice guy, scientology aside.

An oxymoron if ever I heard one.

Kinda like saying, "Hitler was a nice guy, Auschwitz aside"... :P

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Yeah, good episode alright, but when are we going to see a decent road test again? (Similar (and reasonable) Car V Car)?

The Veron segment was a best, but it was slightly spoiled due to the fact that the current Top Gear mag has had James max speed plastered on the front cover for the last two weeks.

I wonder how much the appearance of Cruise and Diaz will helped the box office numbers for Knight and Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Muppet Man wrote: »
    An oxymoron if ever I heard one.

Kinda like saying, "Hitler was a nice guy, Auschwitz aside"... :P

Muppet Man
    It's not like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

phasers wrote: »
    It's not like that at all.

what he means is they go hand in hand

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just watched it there, awesome episode, definitely the best on i've seen in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Great episode. The Senna part was class. Forgot how talented he really was and how ruthless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

That was one of my favourite episodes of all time.

1. New Veyron gets the fastest lap
    2. We get to look at Diaz - I never thought she was THAT attractive. My God she looked hotter tonight than she ever has IMO.
    3. One of the best tributes to Senna I have ever watched.

Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Don't believe Cruise's time though, the lap actually looked quite slow.

Same here. Was obviously slower, he was way off the racing line most of the time and that two wheeled corner at the end probably knock a second or two off I think. Well dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i didnt think diaz looked that nice atal tbh. i mean...i would lyk...but she's nothin special just ditzy. but yeah i enjoyed this episode more than any other one of late....still wont stop watchin top gear no matter what though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

That was brilliant tbh.

Don't believe Cruise's time though, the lap actually looked quite slow.
    kleefarr wrote: »
    Same here. Was obviously slower, he was way off the racing line most of the time and that two wheeled corner at the end probably knock a second or two off I think. Well dodgy.

maybe that was one of the conditions of him going on the show:cool:

"give me a fast time and i'll make an appearance"

anyway who cares both cruise & diaz were great guests...now how can they top that.........Russell Crowe maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

Loved the power lap with the Veyron Super Sport.

One of the best shows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

kleefarr wrote: »
    Was obviously slower, he was way off the racing line most of the time and that two wheeled corner at the end probably knock a second or two off I think. Well dodgy.
    You could see he arrived into the hammerhead fast and kept the speed up through the corner. Quite smooth. Barrichello in the previous show was the perfect example of smooth driving which looked very slow.

His two wheels around the final corner were flat out, most people brake and take the corner normally so I can see him saving half a second there. I'm inclined to think the time was probably legitimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CAZ85

Don't like Tom Cruise... but it was a pretty good episode!!:) Funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Anyone else find it strange they didnt show in car footage when TC went up on two wheels? For the most part the incar footage is dull, surely when something exciting happens they should include it.

I bet he crapped his pants and prevented them from showing it plus it didnt look that fast at all, CD's on the other hand did appear rather quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Here is the car going on two wheels! Does anybody know if it is possible to watch the full show anywhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement