Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom cruise and Cameron Diaz on this weeks TG

Options
  • 22-07-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

No really, if the sun, the top gear website and some blog sites are to be believed.

I wonder will they recreate the vanilla sky scene in the reasonably priced car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Once its not a scientology fest, I'll also enjoy perving @ Cameron Diaz :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I WILL NOT BE WATCHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

mike65 wrote: »
    I WILL NOT BE WATCHING!

It's nice of you to let us know.

Its my little protest, cos the whole thing will be unbearable. They won't 'get it' and will just smile a lot as JC embarrasses himself. And then Cruise will somehow drive the fastest lap ever with the help of CGI

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

I would not be surprised if Cruise drives the fastest time. He is known for owning very fast cars, so he surely has more experience than most "stars" that sit in the reasonably priced car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Moses7 wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if Cruise drives the fastest time. He is known for owning very fast cars, so he surely has more experience than most "stars" that sit in the reasonably priced car.
    In the new car 'mabye', however other stars have included Eric Bana, JK, and Jay Leno, people who are known for being some of the biggest petrol heads.
    I personally think he'll just end up irritating everyone so much they kill him, or just don't record his lap time.

Its my little protest, cos the whole thing will be unbearable.

The SIARPC section always is though, so nothing new there. That whole section should be done away with, the show can do without it. Surely there is something else that could be a better time-filler for that section?

kiddums wrote: »
    I personally think he'll just end up irritating everyone so much they kill him, or just don't record his lap time.

"Tom Cruise Killed on Top Gear in Kia" would be a hell of a headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

"Tom Cruise Killed on Top Gear in Kia" would be a hell of a headline.
    Thats one headline I'd get framed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kiddums wrote: »
    Thats one headline I'd get framed.

Tom Cruise is K.I.A.in a KIA

• Advertisement

That tops mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

God I hate Tom Cruise.

I'm not watching this bit!

James May in the Veyron was nice, I'm nerdy enough to have wished to have seen the whole thing unedited though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭halkar

Was good. Tom at the top :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That was brilliant tbh.

Don't believe Cruise's time though, the lap actually looked quite slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Quite ordinary and unremarkable pair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I thought it was very entertaining! Cameron Diaz. yummy stuff!

The best SIARPC in a long time, possibly ever. A great show tonight, really really was enjoyable to watch.

Cameron Diaz is a Goddess.
    Ayrton Senna was a God.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

Clarkson really does have the best job in the world. Cameron Diaz, Aston Martin, tyre smoke, no more needs to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ya, good show tonight (for a change)

cruise & diaz come second and first mmmmmmmm bit hollywood (if you excuse the pun)

anyway they were game for a laugh and good on em i say

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    ya, good show tonight (for a change)

cruise & diaz come second and first mmmmmmmm bit hollywood (if you excuse the pun)

anyway they were game for a laugh and good on em i say

Most of the lads here knew he'd set a good time. Was his time the same as Rubens last week? Some accomplishment if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

enjoyed tonight's show - the veyron stuff was CLASS..............

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

EnterNow wrote: »
    Most of the lads here knew he'd set a good time. Was his time the same as Rubens last week? Some accomplishment if so.

Same time, different car.

This Cee apostrophe D seems quite a bit faster than the other cars they used.

One of the better episodes of the last few years, apart from the specials of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I really enjoyed it tonight. The Veyron test was great, but the Senna 'special' was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Veyron sequence was cool, Hammond's snow race and the Senna section were grand but the SIARPC bit bugged me. Clarkson seemed very ass kissy towards Cruise & Diaz and them coming 1st and 2nd seemed to predictable an outcome. Cruise's lap more so due to the amount of time he was on the grass and the 2 wheel finish which I would of though would have cost him seconds for the lap!

inforfun wrote: »
    Same time, different car.

Good point, I forgot about that :)

Seems more positive thoughts than negative so far, I wonder have they realised that there were no stupid challenges, not much (if any) scrpting, and yet it was a show far superior to most in recent months/years.

Keep it simple, & keep if real (have I just said keep it real?). The F1 section I found gripping to watch, loved how it was releated to motoring, and not the usual "how many golf players can you fit in a caravan thats being towed upside down by an elephant holding a banana" type short..

Lewis in Ayrtons car, must have been an absoloutly surreal experience. But the juxta-positioning of the laugh/banter of the guests, right beside a very sombre tribute to a past hero, I felt that worked very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

That show was, dare I say .... Epic !

Could be that the previous ones were rubbish :D

Diaz MMMMmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

The Senna piece was brialliant, the rest was just fluff.

They can really pull it out of the bag when they want to do a serious piece.
    I would have happily watched a full hour on Senna.

Poly wrote: »
    The Senna piece was brialliant, the rest was just fluff.

They can really pull it out of the bag when they want to do a serious piece.
    I would have happily watched a full hour on Senna.

Thats very true, I've seen Clarkson on occasion being serious/sombre - he's really good at being serious when he wants.

+1 again on the Senna part, it was goose-bumpy & could have happily watched a lot more of it. Defiitely going to see that movie in the cinema when it's out. Also the action they showed back then was jaw dropping when compared to F1 today. I love F1 prob more than any sport, but my god that was the golden age - and I missed out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Clarkson's great in documentary-mode. The Senna bit was awesome.
    TC wasn't as crazy as I hoped he'd be, and Jeremy didn't take the piss at all :(
    Solid episode though.

Advertisement