Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any SSF4 players in cork

Options
  • 22-07-2010 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hay peeps. Wanting g to know if there is any player in cork or maybe the surrounding area. If so I want to sort out a casual meet ups for playing the game. Trade techniques and tatics on the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm right in the city centre - just off Oliver Plunkett Street. If anyone wants to meet up for casuals my gaf is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Sairus wrote: »
    I'm right in the city centre - just off Oliver Plunkett Street. If anyone wants to meet up for casuals my gaf is open.

Hay sairus what's up mate, I'm up for a mash-up. Did that 360 to ps2 pad thing come through. When ya free?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Isn't the mysterious speedhaak from Cark too?

I did indeed get a PS2 converter. It's sitting pretty in my 360 as I type.
    I'm game for some casuals. Anyone want to meet up next week sometime? I'm around all the time aside from a few hours on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Speedhaak is a Corkonian yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm a fellow Cork player as well, make trips to Inferno exhausting. :pac:

Sairus, I really should have asked about that in IRC the other night, up a few games sometime next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

If anyone wants to meet up for casuals my gaf is open.

I love friends with benefits :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If you are looking for a name for upcoming tournaments, may I suggest "Ireland's rightful capital Inferno, baaaayyyyyyyyyy"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I would also be interested in a cork street figther meet up. I live in the city too :)

Oh and I was playing misty chaos last night in an endless battle last night, I was either smiley or silver steez :), and I was probably gouken. Nice to meet you (in street fighter)

Sounds good then! Casuals in my gaf on Wednesday evening (after 1700) work for everyone? Send me a PM and I'll give you proper directions to my apartment.

• Advertisement

raah! wrote: »
    Oh and I was playing misty chaos last night in an endless battle last night, I was either smiley or silver steez :), and I was probably gouken. Nice to meet you (in street fighter)

Hey there, nice to meet you too. I probably didn't spend long in the lobby because either I got hammered or I was invited to another lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'll be there to make sure everybody who plays me looks like Daigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And of course ye can all make the road trip to Limerick for Munster Super League :) 3 sessions (including Saturday) to pick up points!

🤪

Sweet, its a defo ill be there Sairus. Revenge is waiting for your rose. (While playing SSF4) it will be sweet revenge mate :p

Just thought I'd bump this as its on tomorrow and in case there is going to be any changes between now and then. I'm still up for it anyway.

Yep, still on as far as I know.

A reminder for anyone coming today: I have plenty of pads for my 360s, but none of them are in great condition. Bring your own pads and sticks if you dont want to be stuck with mine.

Thanks for everything. It was a good night. Looking forward to future events. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you guys get a tournament going it'll be so hype.

Get your chance to beat up Dublin :D

Yeah that was fun. Sorry I had to go early, but all the weirdos come out in Cork around 7-ish (you should have seen the guy who stopped me outside the Post Office, gold teeth, cheap suit, sleazy middle-eastern gangster type... I thought those only existed in movies) and I had a ways to walk (then there was the two ladies outside Argos. Did I have a sign on my forehead that said "Galwegian: Easy Target?") and then run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

hey wexford player here,lived in cork 3 years ago b4 moven to london.anyway moven back to cork in few weeks,all are welcom as soon as i get a gaf sorted..

goodjay wrote: »
    hey wexford player here,lived in cork 3 years ago b4 moven to london.anyway moven back to cork in few weeks,all are welcom as soon as i get a gaf sorted..

Nice 1 mate. Would be nice to see your skills. Alsop I'm from London but I moved to cork till then we will see you in the weeks to come.

Both my 360s have simultaeniously red ringed I'm afraid, so I cant host casusals again unless someone wants to bring out their console! =D

Both my 360s have simultaeniously red ringed I'm afraid, so I cant host casusals again unless someone wants to bring out their console! =D

Ill bring my Xbox down. As long as your up for a fight of ya life. When ya hosting the next 1 sai

Not for a few weeks I'm afraid. I'm going to be crazy busy from here till the end of September.

Double K.O.

Ouch, that most suck. I was wondering why there hadn't being any lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 himwarrior

I just moved down to Cork, wondering if anyone was up for some games.

himwarrior wrote: »
    I just moved down to Cork, wondering if anyone was up for some games.

as long as u got a free place mate. then its a defo. if its a yes on ur end i might point out that the college year has started. so i recommend sessions past 4 in the after noon, unless its the weekend :p

also what system do u use, ps3 or 360, and whos your top 3 fighters you use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 himwarrior

Yeah I've kinda got a free place :P no tv at the moment though haha I've got a PS3 only one stick. Yeah thats why I'm in Cork I just started today. Top three :confused: umm I'm not sure, I'll say Blanka, Chun, Ryu. Also, this might not be the right place, but I'm looking for a PS 1 pad, to make a stick from it, would anyone have a spare ? Thanks.

Advertisement