Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest for the Tunnel opening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Is this something else that Raiser is asking people to do, but won't do it himself? :rolleyes:
    Twin-go wrote: »
    Raiser, you have an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone here.

Next Wednesday Pic of you at the protest or GTFO......:p

Just to see the irish version of Che Guevara I'd go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would it not make sense to also check with other groups who may be interested in protesting to see if numbers can be raised that way?

Say groups like those that were protesting the closure of the Bawnmore respite houses etc.

Would make more sense to combine as many groups as possible into one large group that would be seen and heard by the media, than have a number of small protests that can be ignored much more easily by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

rofl :D:D

With the tunnel opening Monday. http://twitter.com/nraireland

Tuesday should be an interesting day for you Raiser !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

shouldnt have said anything :D

Raiser, they are on to you. They have moved the opening forward to beat you.:D

I also heard a rumour, which may or may not be true, that Brian Cowen was laughing at the idea of you on your bike and is also planning to p*ss in Dromore lough should you go out there to swim.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

If i was to go down there and call Cowen a fat c**t would i get in trouble for telling the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If i was to go down there and call Cowen a fat c**t would i get in trouble for telling the truth?

Only if your Mum witnesses said event.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

NRA just posted an update on twitter, the tunnel is now not opening until Tuesday at 3pm. http://twitter.com/nraireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Jood10 wrote: »
    NRA just posted an update on twitter, the tunnel is now not opening until Tuesday at 3pm. http://twitter.com/nraireland

That's because someone tipped off Raiser here! Now that the "change back to Tues" has been highlighted, watch it change again! :D

Raiser - they're trying to keep you guessing! :D

Well at the Moment its not going to require 12 Highliner Buses to move the Protest around from day to day.

Brian Cowen will make a teary-eyed Patriotic Speech about how he dug out the first 1.5 Kilometres of Tunnel with his bare hands and several million Gobdaws across this Island will subconsciously register the nonsense notion that Fianna Fail are competent, worthy and efficient etc.

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

- I don't know and I don't care.

Mods - Lock and load if you will.

• Advertisement

Well as of right now there were 1,743 views and only Panda100 was willing to protest at todays Sewer Opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Ignorance is bliss my friend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Raiser wrote: »
    Well as of right now there were 1,743 views and only Panda100 was willing to protest at todays Sewer Opening.

As Plato once said, the price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
    I'm pretty sure there are still individual groups protesting today, so I will probably pop down later on and add my voice to the dissent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I might pop dpwn as well, at 6000 RPM, with the roof down...

Raiser wrote: »

And did you contact any of the groups that were trying to organise a protest or offer to join them yourself?

If you did, you would have found out that the fact there are four different times listed for the opening is causing problems as some protesters only had lunch breaks and the like to make it in.

14:00
    15:00
    15:30
    17:00

have all been listed as opening times as late as this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Approach neon signs say 18:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What's this protest about?
    Down with tunnels, Up with bridges.

Kess73 wrote: »
    And did you contact any of the groups that were trying to organise a protest or offer to join them yourself?

If you did, you would have found out that the fact there are four different times listed for the opening is causing problems as some protesters only had lunch breaks and the like to make it in.

14:00
    15:00
    15:30
    17:00

have all been listed as opening times as late as this morning.

That's a tactic to ensure Protesters are deterred.

- You can be sure John Gormless, Punchin' Wille and Blimp Cowen will be there at the real and actual time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Great idea this protest, hope it goes well guys.

liammur wrote: »
    Great idea this protest, hope it goes well guys.

sarcasm+meter.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

What's the point. There were protests when Cowen opened some motorways around Dublin and he no more gave a s**t. He has his pensions and car for life. Even if he loses his seat in a wipeout of Fianna Fail he's still a very wealthy man for the remainder of his life. The only place he will suffer is in the history books and I increasingly doubt he can read.

Well the ribbons were cut just after 13:00. Cowen, Noel Dempsey, Peter Power etc were all there with only invited guests allowed so no nasty members of the general public who might say something nasty like the truth were not allowed in.

Demspey went as far as to say that the road systems are world class in Ireland and that by the end of 2010 that all the major cities and towns linked will be linked by a world class road system and infrastructure.

Peter Power then described the tunnel as a World infrastructure (I am guessing he meant world class but who knows) that will draw people from all over to world to see it, and will attract loads of foreign investors to Limerick City.

The tunnel itself will open to the public at either 16:00 or 17:00.

Peter Power then described the tunnel as a World infrastructure (I am guessing he meant world class but who knows)

Every day when Peter Power wakes up he not only wonders how he came to be such an uncontrollable Muppet, but more specifically, he ponders how the Public at large both allow him to carry on as he does on a Public Platform and also pay him large sums of Cash and a Pension to do so.

- I'm glad that he went out their to today with his vacant-eyed, perma-grin and seized the opportunity to further embarrass himself with both hands.*

We are still waiting for the Light Rail System he promised us minutes before the last Election by the way.....
    That will draw people from all over to world to see it, and will attract loads of foreign investors to Limerick City.

Paris has the Eiffel Tower, Rome has the Colosseum and Limerick has a Tunnel paid for by the unwary to make massive profits for the unscrupulous.

What a marvellous prospect Monorail Pete.

(This is not an invitation to go all rabidly Monorail again Folks!!!!)

* It proved difficult to phrase that so it didn't read like he actually embarrassed himself using his two Hands - So I didn't bother.....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Was willy not there?

My protest is i'm not using it, i don't need to, because limerick roads are going to be so quite now. :)

Was willy not there?

My protest is i'm not using it, i don't need to, because limerick roads are going to be so quite now. :)

I still wouldn't take naps on them, but I do see your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭shg101

Demspey went as far as to say that the road systems are world class in Ireland and that by the end of 2010 that all the major cities and towns linked will be linked by a world class road system and infrastructure.

Except Limerick-Cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

My form of protest will be driving through the tunnel to have a look at it cause I'm nosy and want to see where my money went and then never using it again if I can anyhow help it.
    Loss of revenue is the only thing the thieves, liars, criminals and corrupt bastards understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Listened to the news on my favourite radio station to hear was the protest a success. . . . . No mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Given the reduction in seats and the reduction in WoD's profile, Peter Power is highly unlikely to get re-elected in the Limerick City constituency next time around so he may enjoy what is left of his ribbon cutting days.

At least he brought the offices of Irish Aid to Limerick City...:cool:

• Advertisement

Listened to the news on my favourite radio station to hear was the protest a success. . . . . No mention!

Bit hard for a protest to get near today without being arrested. It was only invited people plus cronies that attended.

In order to protest, people would have had to illegal get onto the motorway and make their way along it to where the ribbon cutting was taking place.

The ribbon cutting taking place hours before the public are allowed onto the system meant that there was no danger of any protest taking place, and the likes of Demspey was able to waffle on about the "World class" infrastructure and road systems that have been built, under this government, between all the cities and major towns in Ireland with no danger of peals of laughter erupting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement