Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers week (age 25?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NiamhTCD

Its for Tuition Fee also , the total is over 7000 euro....
    I have never been an undergraduate before so I must be entitled to the Free Fees
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Don't worry about your age at all! In the two courses I've been in mature students are treated no differently than anyone else and are usually the best craic in the class.

Also can we have a Trinity roller disco? PLEASE???

I forgot to mention they sent me out a FRS2 form with the giro, when its the FRS1 form I need... wtf is going on?
    Did this not happen to any other mature student?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

NiamhTCD wrote: »
    I forgot to mention they sent me out a FRS2 form with the giro, when its the FRS1 form I need... wtf is going on?
    Did this not happen to any other mature student?

Just give the Fees Office a call, explain the situation and I'm sure there'll be no problem in sending out the right form. They're lovely and really helpful there, so it should be fairly painless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Just give the Fees Office a call, explain the situation and I'm sure there'll be no problem in sending out the right form. They're lovely and really helpful there, so it should be fairly painless. :)

:eek:

Did I go to the same fees office?!

Actually wrt to the OP, there is a girl in my year who was in a similar situation to yourself. She was mid to late twenties (I'd never ask), but she was great craic, and was out every night with the class! I don't I realised she was even a mature student until second year, when she said it to me off hand! Enjoy!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

dan719 wrote: »
    :eek:

Did I go to the same fees office?!

They probably just liked me better tbh.. :pac:

Seriously though, they were really helpful when I called them pretty much every second day last year asking them questions about my tuition fees/various forms I'd sent in, and they sent me out the FRS1 nice and early this year so I could make sure I don't have to pay fees. \o/ for not paying 7,417 out this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

fonpokno wrote: »
    Also can we have a Trinity roller disco? PLEASE???

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I'm aging by the day here people! :pac:

Could wait and have it for the new freshers in September? (I've waited long enough. Another month isn't gonna kill me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Was there not an attempt made during freshers week two years ago to stage a roller disco?
    It went horribly horribly wrong as far as I can remember.

Not enough skates.

Too much alcohol.

Lots of sore bodies.

That being said, I've been to roller discos before, the trick is having a massive space in which to stage it, i.e. an indoor sports hall or the like. I can't think of any clubs like that in Dublin.

Theres a place that does rollerdisco in Blanch and also out on the Long Mile Road.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Theres a place that does rollerdisco in Blanch and also out on the Long Mile Road.

Blanch?

You think Trinity students will go to Blanch?!:p

Get in contact with Ents. See if Genocky will arrange something!

Edit; Boardsie Roller Skating night anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeh seriously Blanch isn't going to work. If I'm not a student in TCD after September, can I still go?:pac:

dan719 wrote: »
    Blanch?

You think Trinity students will go to Blanch?!:p

Get in contact with Ents. See if Genocky will arrange something!

Edit; Boardsie Roller Skating night anyone?

Well I am talking about a TCD forum Rollerdisco night!! Jaysis. Ya miseed that post. I think people are saying they would.
    El Siglo wrote: »
    Yeh seriously Blanch isn't going to work. If I'm not a student in TCD after September, can I still go?:pac:

It'll be an adventure. Show them what the real world is like. Nah, I don't think it would happen. I'm not trying to make that happen.

.... I'll get there one day........ SOME day....... :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i went to trinity, and i see words of a rollerdisco

i want in

also i'll be in trintiy for a few days over freshers week, I'll be helping out the YFG stand

Okay kinda going waaaaaaaaaaay OT. I'll PM the TCD mod types.

Well I am talking about a TCD forum Rollerdisco night!! Jaysis. Ya miseed that post. I think people are saying they would.

It'll be an adventure. Show them what the real world is like. Nah, I don't think it would happen. I'm not trying to make that happen.

.... I'll get there one day........ SOME day....... :o

My bad. Start a thread and gauge reaction. It wouldn't be particularly hard (in theory) to organise roller skating some day in Freshers Week. I know I'd be well up for it, although I may not be in Trinners at that stage!:o

i went to trinity, and i see words of a rollerdisco

i want in

also i'll be in trintiy for a few days over freshers week, I'll be helping out the YFG stand

YFG? Young Fresher Groupies? Sounds interesting!:pac:

This is such a roller disco tune, I'm looking forward to this already!

I think I love you El Siglo! :pac: PMSL.

I think I love you El Siglo! :pac: PMSL.

I'm going to add you as a friend, just for getting this roller disco rolling baby!:D
    Here this might give things a little spark... ;)

YFG? Young Fresher Groupies? Sounds interesting!:pac:

I'm listening to this thinking of what dance moves to do with skates!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Whenever I hear that song, which is not very often I'm afraid to say I always remember this scene from the Fresh Prince.
    God, I loved that show.

I used to do the lil dance and everything.

Guys, would ya stop!!!

Crying with laughter after that

Anyone want to partner up and learn the dance? I can swing ya. :pac:

Mardy that was class!:D

Larianne, don't know what to say, would your dancing be anything like this???:pac:

Mardy that was class!:D

Larianne, don't know what to say, would your dancing be anything like this???:pac:

No! I find that very offensive to suggest it would be. I'm a helluva good dancer! And I can twirl on skates!!

No! I find that very offensive to suggest it would be. I'm a helluva good dancer! And I can twirl on skates!!

My apologies, I have been awake now, oh going on 20 hours!
    Here, I just remembered this!:pac:

Been given the go ahead to organise a TCD Rollerdiscoing Beers!! OH YEAH. I think I'll wait till we're back in term time and get some newbies on boards too!

Watch this space! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm a tried-and-true lurker here but TCD rollerdisco would pull me out and let ye put a face and skates to an occasional poster.

Rumour has it some DCU students are starting a rollersports soc. Ironically, my own rollersports commitments mean I wouldn't have the time to start one. Rats.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I'm aging by the day here people! :pac:
    You do look old in this photo!(on the right at the mature student drinks!!!):pac:

Advertisement