Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish logos of yesteryear

Options

Comments

Here's that photo I promised. I don't suppose anyone could make out what this logo was?

122664.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

ACC Bank?

accbank.jpg

Didn't see you had mentioned it before. There was a branch in Fairview if thats where the picture was taken... So maybe?

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Didn't see you had mentioned it before. There was a branch in Fairview if thats where the picture was taken... So maybe?

Yeah it was taken in Fairview, down at the junction with Annesley Bridge and Fairview Strand.

woolworths and dunnes 1984

122671.jpg

122670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Stevek101 wrote: »
    ACC Bank?

accbank.jpg

It looks like it alright. If you look at the holes where the screws holding the letters on were you can see that it spells out ACC Bank in the same font.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The hit radio station of the day, all the cool kids were listening

atlantic252.JPG[/QUOTE]

Bord Failte is now Failte Ireland
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyoje1PxxITp64UNlrIoNGDEyZjkTz3SP5gWtFyb6YL8IjHNY&t=1&usg=__eOa5_BhLfA7ximHmcxT8aIybMik=
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp2jtvhDAEmL1Y5RuP1ilabzZp40f4JhWVWJjlsgbEJ7W8h4Y&t=1&usg=__8EJNz4Ovqvb6O-p7w2V_vgm0KMU=

When Ireland had our very own succusful team in Forumula 1, doing us proud
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPeFESIcGk6Cl9gqheQz9gea4nL-4k4m-K6ghid3neUcycMe0&t=1&usg=__Y1rw9Vj_vFC3sGw4rfsAHy3NC4k=

Old DART Logo and train

122923.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

They have already replaced the Dart trains :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

They have already replaced the Dart trains :eek:

I still think there is a few of these around, although with new faces:

Dart-8306-00.jpg

38 of the 40 original DARTs remain in service but have been refurbished. The other two were damaged beyond repair in a fire in 2001.

Here's a photo of the 8100 units as they are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Cheers fort the replys

Was going to say I am not that old, and it would have been bad value if they had all be scrapped by now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I still have this KVI box of tissues in my room! It's been there for about 15 years!

ABCD0002-2.jpg

i guess we can't call you a wanker anymore ;)

Skerries wrote: »

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i was inferring that you have had a box of tissues in your room for 15 years and haven't used them for any self spillage that might have happened
    and it is is even more funny cos they are called facial tissues :D

i was inferring that you have had a box of tissues in your room for 15 years and haven't used them for any self spillage that might have happened
    and it is is even more funny cos they are called facial tissues :D

Ah right! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

darrers,used to be a supermarket back in the day,in waterford city(where mcdonald in town centre is now),tramore,dungarvan and carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

15 years? I'm thinking Wax Dart!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The old GAA logo.

GAA_6706.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

pdpower.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Horsa-04_SBF_sp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭gipi

Cicero wrote: »
    thought this thread would be a piece of cake but surprised at how little there is on-line of what I thought would be famous Irish brands from 70s/80s etc....was searching for a H.Williams logo...can't find it anywhere....:(

Didn't manage to find the HWilliams logo either, but I did find an advert for the shop posted on YouTube - it's the first of this selection of adverts. And (really showing me age here!) I remember shopping in H Williams in Prussia St!

Bank of ireland 1970s/1980s (typeface slightly different). taken from ad gipi uploaded, thanks gipi
    124915.jpg

mm3.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Fiuntás, ag theacht chun tí!*

*there may be spelling errors

rteprm03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Anyone remember these.And before anyone asks,they used to be assembled in the Nass rd in Dublin.

datsunlogo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

italia_90_logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

anplaya wrote: »
    darrers,used to be a supermarket back in the day,in waterford city(where mcdonald in town centre is now),tramore,dungarvan and carlow.

I remember darrers there, I also remember when the only mcdonalds in the country was in dublin, it was great getting a happy meal cos you knew you wouldnt get 1 for another year.

• Advertisement

0-Aer+Lingus+732+EI-ASC+BHX+28.05.78.jpg

Advertisement