Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish logos of yesteryear

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Georges St. in Dun Laoighaire I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭gipi

Karsini wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a logo for an Irish company which had a green shamrock shape with a letter in each leaf? The leaves were in a circular shape. There's a building in Fairview which still has the outline of this logo on it's exterior where the sign used to be. I have a feeling it might be the old ACC logo but not entirely sure.

Might it have been an old logo for Bord Failte (Irish Tourist Board) - I remember seeing some old logos at B&Bs around the country which had the letters I T and B in each of the leaves of the shamrock.

The Bord Failte logo itself of course should be in here, since BF is no more (replaced by Failte Ireland)!! Must hunt a copy....

I don't think it was, I know the one you're referring to alright. If I remember I'll take a photo of that outline I saw in Fairview and put it up here.

Today I passed the Irish Glass site in Ringsend which brought the logo back to me. It doesn't seem to be on the net but I remember it well, also remember it engraved at the bottom of milk bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Ruu wrote: »
    Is this one still used?

Guaranteed%20Irish.gif

On a related note but slighted off topic. I spent years living in the states and a young lady I knew (also Irish) had that logo tattooed at the top of her 'special area':eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Today I passed the Irish Glass site in Ringsend which brought the logo back to me. It doesn't seem to be on the net but I remember it well, also remember it engraved at the bottom of milk bottles.

It was some sort of stylised G,like 3 G's behind each other iirc. Can't find an image through Google at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

flag-st-patrick.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

MYOB wrote: »
    I used to get my school lunch in that shop every day...

nw_logo.gif

Ulster Bank, and their parent of course

Still indeed used by NatWest in a slightly different version, its now red and a bit stylised.

Karsini wrote:
    Does anyone remember a logo for an Irish company which had a green shamrock shape with a letter in each leaf? The leaves were in a circular shape. There's a building in Fairview which still has the outline of this logo on it's exterior where the sign used to be. I have a feeling it might be the old ACC logo but not entirely sure.

Its not the old ACC logo anyway, that was "A C C" in a triangular shape, with the "A" on top. Swapped for the present logo when the company name changed from Agricultural Credit Corporation plc to ACCBank plc.

If as suggested its an old Bord Fáilte logo, its not one I remember. The final Bord Fáilte logo was a green shamrock in a circle, with "Bord Fáilte Éireann" and "Irish Tourist Board" beside it. The even older Bord Fáilte logo, which you'll find on pre-1977 signposts, is a "V" with wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

lord lucan wrote: »
    The old Evening Press Newspaper.

2010-02-02111633.jpg

Was this shop almost next door to Shamrock Rovers, and beside St. Annes school in Milltown?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Was this shop almost next door to Shamrock Rovers, and beside St. Annes school in Milltown?

No, it was and still is in Lucan beside Colaiste Padraig. With that Evening Press sign intact!

MYOB wrote: »
    No, it was and still is in Lucan beside Colaiste Padraig. With that Evening Press sign intact!

I knew the photo must have been recent due to the new National Lottery logo on there.

• Advertisement

I knew the photo must have been recent due to the new National Lottery logo on there.

I only took it a few months ago. It's in the 'Ghost Signs' thread in the Dublin forum.:)

bus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

item_id491.jpg
    city-imp-bus.jpg
    marathon.jpg
    cie2.jpg
    2733320158_76acfecc1a.jpg

net21st.jpg
    rte196.jpg
    180px-Telecom_%C3%89ireann.png

Bit of an Irish theme going so ill run with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bus.jpg

Jaysus, my eyes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Superquinn Thrift!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Max_Damage wrote: »
    3p for a packet of crisps, man, they were the days! :)

and 5p for a can of coke, went mental when it cost more than 10p for the two of them

WindSock wrote: »
    Superquinn Thrift!

Scary memories!! I spent 6 months packing that stuff on the shelves in the early '90's!:eek:

Who were Bradburys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭gipi

A quick google brought up Bradbury's Bakeries, who have restaurants/coffee shops in Athy and Newbridge. Hard to see, but it does look like a bakery shop window in the background. Maybe post it in the Kildare forum to see if anyone recognises it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

bradburys was a bread/cake shop in Athy in the 70s/80s - excellent sticky buns and bracks....

gipi wrote: »
    A quick google brought up Bradbury's Bakeries, who have restaurants/coffee shops in Athy and Newbridge. Hard to see, but it does look like a bakery shop window in the background. Maybe post it in the Kildare forum to see if anyone recognises it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

81%20bus%20-%20Copy.jpg

welll...since ye liked that bus so much....here's another....

D561%20QUINNSWORTH.jpg

***edit...sorry....only remembered similar bus appeared on the OP post**

http://www.tesco.ie/about/images/quins.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

580102.gif

Batchelors - Barney & beanie.

green-shield.jpg

Green Shield stamps.

The Lyons Tea Minstrels.

thought this thread would be a piece of cake but surprised at how little there is on-line of what I thought would be famous Irish brands from 70s/80s etc....was searching for a H.Williams logo...can't find it anywhere....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

shop-connollys.jpg

That sign is still the same today.
    Nope, all gone in the last few months, an ongoing strike finally killed the company, I went there with my mum to buy school shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

I found this on an old pack of herbs in the back of a cupboard recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Plenty of bus ad's on this site:

http://www.dublinbus.cc/dhall1.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I still have this KVI box of tissues in my room! It's been there for about 15 years!

ABCD0002-2.jpg

Century Radio.

century_ireland.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

RadioNova.jpg

Advertisement