Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What would you go for.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,137 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks for the suggestions so far, it's between the S60 and the Omega still.

Has to be diesel anyway.

The Saab 9-3 would be too small, drove one for a while in 08 and don't think I could justify one, they're nice but not nice enough.
    don't fancy the 9-5 either, drove a good few of them with work, and haviong to put it into reverse every time I take the key out would get to me, as would a lot of things about the car TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

S60 would be my preference. The Omega looks incredibly dated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

volvo and opel
    this is diffirent class segment
    volvo is better in every way
    of course will be more expensive to maintain it
    but if u want to drive high class car u have to pay adequate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

i agree the omega looks very dated and the more i see it, it looks likes a reps car

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

+1 , the interior of any omega looks like a throw back to the 80's!

In its favour, the Omega is RWD and generally are very highly equipped. it's also easier to find low mileage minters in the UK.
    Value for money is my main concern, I like a premium badge and nice plastics as much as the next man, but to be honest, loads of toys, a newer car and less mileage appeal too.
    I like the looks of the Volvo and the interior, also the seats are great. on the other hand, bigger engine, usually higher miles and older car.

Still open to other suggestions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

S80 D5?: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/S80/D5-AUTO/201010197223963/advert?channel=CARS

Admittedy, I wouldn't mind an Omega myself, but it would have to be an MV6.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Omega is generally a bargain as a great spec can be had for next to nothing. Silly things go wrong (eg rear brakes) but they're a cheap and easy fix. I'd have one.

Food for thought there

• Advertisement
Advertisement