Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Paid Apps!

Options
  • 17-07-2010 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Thought it would be an idea to have a similar thread as the other one, except in this one only post which paid apps you'd recommend. Obviously the traffic in this thread won't be the same as many people don't have access, but for those of us who do, we would appreciate if you share which apps you find good and also which ones to avoid. Especially seeing as the filter system on the market is so dire!

Anyway I'll get the ball rolling,

Robo Defence : think it was $2.99

I was addicted to the free version of this game, so reckon this is going to be unbelievable!

Sky Force Reloaded : about $3.99 or $4.99 can't remember

Barely played this but seems to be a decent game, basically you have a ship that is constantly shooting and you can move it anywhere on the screen and kill baddies, good fun.

Ok I want to purchase another few good apps, so lets get the ball rolling!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Speaking of paid apps, LogMeIn Ignition is overpriced imo. Disappointing.

Robo Defence is fun, i've only played the free version so far. Used to play tower defence quite a bit and this game stands up well to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Locale, Rock player.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

rom manager. worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

jcrowbar wrote: »
    rom manager. worth every cent.

It's free!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sherifu wrote: »
    Speaking of paid apps, LogMeIn Ignition is overpriced imo. Disappointing.

Aye I am likely gonna pike Logmein due to their greed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

SwitchPro Widget. Indispensable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's free!

There's a premium version aswell.

Bought GBColouroid today and upgraded my ATK to pro.

Considered buying Locale but heard another program called Tasker is better, so will check that out. I like the fact you can buy an app and try it out for 24hrs before being charged.

Anyone else with some recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Slingplayer if you have a slingbox is good.Wunderradio is good for radio by gps. Still a bit buggy though.

Bought SwitchPro Widget but refunded it straight away, thought it was a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

copilot is is around 20 quid. Supposed to be alright gps. SOme people reporting problems on froyo though!

• Advertisement

Bought Snesoid today, and UltimateJuice add on for JuiceDefender. Haven't tried either but both look good :) Thinking about upgrading my MixZing player and considering buying SlideIT but hoping I can get Swype or Shapewriter soon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

QuickProfiles pro. like it to bits (missing gps toggle though) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Baza210 wrote: »
    I used to like this one too but now use this one Extended Controls very cool . Try it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mackattack

I have only bought two app's so far,

Tasker 2.99 really good app need a little time to get it they you want it, I only have a few profiles set-up as yet.

WunderRadio Works really well on 3G some say it is still buggy but I have had very little go wrong on two phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

+1, and with the recent update where you can have 8 buttons on a line via the 4 two button icons its even handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find an answer.

Can you get paid apps without having to use a UK sim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Either that or root the phone. I'm going to get a UK sim for fear of bricking my phone if I attempted to root it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

tech2 wrote: »
    Either that or root the phone. I'm going to get a UK sim for fear of bricking my phone if I attempted to root it.

I have my phone rooted.

It's ok now, I got the app I wanted, SwitchPro. Found the apk online. I feel guilty though, might contact the developer and give him the money.

The other way which is far easier is just to get the market enabler apk and give it su access then fake T-mobile(us) or another if you wish and I'd recommend app brain for browsing the available apps as the market itself needs lots of work.

Then I'd recommend buying tasker!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Dave147 wrote: »
    The other way which is far easier is just to get the market enabler apk and give it su access then fake T-mobile(us) or another if you wish and I'd recommend app brain for browsing the available apps as the market itself needs lots of work.

Then I'd recommend buying tasker!

or go to http://www.appbucket.net/

paid $9.99 for a year and get all paid apps available - for FREE (well after the €8.12) works for beautiful widget and games :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

paid $9.99 for a year and get all paid apps available - for FREE (well after the €8.12) works for beautiful widget and games :D

Is that legit?

JustinOval wrote: »
    Is that legit?

dunno! got few apps but really wanted beautiful widget and homerun so worth it imho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Is that legit?

No.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Can people make sure that they stick to only legal solutions for buying/getting apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

If you're rooted, download and install Paid Apps Enabler on your phone. This will allow you to 'trick' the market into thinking you're on a UK or US carrier (you simply pick a carrier and click 'activate'). Then you'll be able to browse and buy paid apps in the marketplace.

For me, my favourite paid apps are

ROM Manager
    Set CPU
    Beautiful Widgets
    Switchpro
    Doggcatcher (podcast manager)
    Wavesecure (allows me to remotely track, shut down or delete phone content in case of theft)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Dunno if its been posted already but the app wifi keyboard is brilliant. It lets you use your pc/laptop keyboard for your android device through the browser! Pretty Sweet!

Is that legit?
    No.
    MiCr0 wrote: »
    Can people make sure that they stick to only legal solutions for buying/getting apps?

Not being argumentative here, but why isnt that site legal?
    Got it from AndroidMarket - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2e3f33b378a6a645&hl=en

Is that legit?
    No.
    MiCr0 wrote: »

not being argumentative - why is that not legit??? Got it from

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2e3f33b378a6a645&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭28064212

not being argumentative - why is that not legit??? Got it from

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2e3f33b378a6a645&hl=en
    It's no longer at that link, and with good reason. AppBucket don't have permission from the developers to sell their apps, and none of the money goes to the developers.

Source

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

28064212 wrote: »
    It's no longer at that link, and with good reason. AppBucket don't have permission from the developers to sell their apps, and none of the money goes to the developers.

Source

Cheers... should do research etc.. suppose no such thing as a free lunch and all that!!! If it seems to good to be true it probably is!!!

Advertisement