Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trip (Steve Coogan's new comedy show)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

All six episodes of The Trip To Spain are now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

watched the last couple of episodes yesterday - what did people think of it? Strange ending, the Coogan storylines were a bit disjointed (who was the woman he was going to meet in Morocco?), but I could watch them trading impressions for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

All six episodes of The Trip To Spain are now available.

You might point me in the right direction, i loved the first two seasons..

Glebee wrote: »
    You might point me in the right direction, i loved the first two seasons..

Sky Box Sets or Sky Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

loyatemu wrote: »
    watched the last couple of episodes yesterday - what did people think of it? Strange ending, the Coogan storylines were a bit disjointed (who was the woman he was going to meet in Morocco?), but I could watch them trading impressions for hours.

Just finished it.

He was going to meet or hoping to meet more likely Mischa, who is his ex-girlfriend from the previous 2 seasons.

The story is not disjointed but if you have not seen the first 2 seasons it will not make sense.

Seeing how that ended I assume there's another season being made.

Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard when they were doing their impersenations of Mick Jagger in episode 4. Was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

I see that at the end of last year Steve announced that he and Rob are planning a trip to Greece this year.

It will be directed by Michael Winterbottom again and is likely to be on Sky next year.

Rob Bryden has tweeted:

Filming begins on The Trip To Greece...

D83QOYFXYAEljMB.jpg:small

Great stuff. Really enjoyed the previos trips, english trip was fantastic.

It's amazing how much mileage they're getting out of doing impressions while eating food (not a complaint, I'll happily watch another series of it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Reports that The Trip To Greece will air on Sky One (The Spain series was broadcast on Sky Atlantic),

This would be good if true, The Sky Atlantic broadcasts never reached as many viewers as the first two series.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5373/the_trip_to_greece/

As long as it ends up on DVD I'll be happy.

The Trip To Greece is due to start on Sky One on March 3rd

https://www.nme.com/news/steve-coogan-rob-brydon-the-trip-to-greece-final-series-2605145

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ It's the last series too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

Looking forward to it, although The Trip To Spain was poor compared to the previous two, especially the first series, which is one of the funniest shows of the last decade. I've lost count of how much I've watched it. It even inspired me to hire a car and drive around the Lake District and go to Bolton Abbey.

Acosta wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, although The Trip To Spain was poor compared to the previous two, especially the first series, which is one of the funniest shows of the last decade. I've lost count of how much I've watched it. It even inspired me to hire a car and drive around the Lake District and go to Bolton Abbey.

Northern England and Italy were excellent. Spain was a let down after the brillance of the first 2 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Tonight. Sky One.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Watched the first 2 last night. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I thought it was great, finished it last night, their friendship is a joy to behold, and the ending is is so poignant. That's the end of The Trip, forever and ever...

Short bonus lockdown trip-ish chat from yesterday's BBC Telethon thing

• Advertisement
Advertisement