Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students abused by scum.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

You get that scum in Spain also... i've been there and im not talking about the Irish tourist hotspots.

Really ? where cos I've never encountered it in the 5+ years living in Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Ya if there was a button to kill those scumbags/knackers I would have no hesitation pressing it a million times
    the last 999,999 times would be a waste of your energy surely:P

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    You can't even use the liffey boardwalk on a summers day because its taken over by junkies and scum bags drinking cans and causing trouble.

True, huge problem, i was walking on it the other day and it was the
    first time in years i have felt threatened in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

the_monkey wrote: »
    Really ? where cos I've never encountered it in the 5+ years living in Spain

So Los Ramblas isn't chock full of pick pockets, drug dealers and hookers at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I hate students; they're annoying as **** and come into the shop I work in asking stupid questions and then can't understand the answers even if I tell them 4 times. I'm all for being here to learn English but seriously have some decent cop on of it before engaging a sales assistant in conversation, especially about the price plans of mobile phones which are hard enough to explain to a native! :P

I hate scumbags even more though, there really is a case to just exterminate the lot of them, they are scum, leeches who just siphon all the good from around them and spend their dole and thus my taxes on their ****ing drugs. I know thats a gross generalisation but I can't see that it's incorrect, politically or otherwise.

The answer to both problems is clear though. Junkie-Spanish student deathmatch. Entertainment to those they annoy and with the handy side effect of reducing the numbers of both. The survivors can clean up the mess.

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    So Los Ramblas isn't chock full of pick pockets, drug dealers and hookers at night?

Indeed, but the difference is if you mind your own business and look after your pockets , you will be ok , where in Dublin we have this ****ing mindless unprovoked attacks...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The exaggerations in this thread are fascinating. You would swear Dublin is a warzone. I work and live in the city and have done for quite some time - its like any other city. I dont get hassled for change more in Dublin than I do anywhere else. In fact, its never hassle. All it is is someone saying "spare change for a hostel?" and me saying "no". It never goes further than that. I really dont understand all this uproar. I walk home through the city center every night, quite late, and never have a problem. Having said that, I would still welcome more vigilant policing.

[edit] Ive just realized that a lot of the negative posts appear to be from people from the country. I think the whole Dublin v rest of Ireland rivalry is playing a big part in how this thread has developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Tusky wrote: »
    The exaggerations in this thread are fascinating. You would swear Dublin is a warzone. I work and live in the city and have done for quite some time - its like any other city. I dont get hassled for change more in Dublin than I do anywhere else. In fact, its never hassle. All it is is someone saying "spare change for a hostel?" and me saying "no". It never goes further than that. I really dont understand all this uproar. I walk home through the city center every night, quite late, and never have a problem. Having said that, I would still welcome more vigilant policing.

[edit] Ive just realized that a lot of the negative posts appear to be from people from the country. I think the whole Dublin v rest of Ireland rivalry is playing a big part in how this thread has developed.

Your missing the point - you might feel safe and have never had any problems BUT if you were to look in any way shape or form different or 'foreign' then the story is very ugly

Advertisement