Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Students abused by scum.

Options
  • 15-07-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I was in Dublin city today and encountered a large group of Spanish students. We are all accustomed to them coming over every summer to learn English. They are a major boost to our economy (especially in the current climate) and from my experience they are generally good mannered and far better behaved them their Irish counterparts when abroad.

Anyway, the students were just wondering down the road chatting and laughing. They weren't bothering anybody.

As they walked on to O'Connell street , a group of about 5 sweaty pale faced tracksuit wearing junkie scum crawled out of a side street and started shouting abuse at them. 4 men in their late twenties and 1 fat beast of a heroin pin cushion. They used foul language, and one even threw a can at the frightened students. The beast woman even started on a young Spanish girl who was no older than 13!!!

A Gard who observed the situation simply told the scum to move on! It got me thinking about the scum infestation in out city and how they are basically ruining it , not only for Irish people, but for tourists who are pumping money into our economy.

In order to protect our much needed tourist income we need to clean up our streets and eradicate the scum that control it. You can't even use the liffey boardwalk on a summers day because its taken over by junkies and scum bags drinking cans and causing trouble.

If it was up to me I'd exterminate them as part of a Government process of national cleansing. Of course everybody is too politically correct here to entertain this idea, so I'm interested in hearing other solutions. How can we clean up Dublin and make it a desirable destination?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You get that scum in Spain also... i've been there and im not talking about the Irish tourist hotspots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

haha...I love how you lump those against mass extermination into the "PC Brigade".....

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    If it was up to me I'd exterminate them as part of a Government process of national cleansing. Of course everybody is too politically correct here to entertain this idea

It's political correctness gone mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

Ya if there was a button to kill those scumbags/knackers I would have no hesitation pressing it a million times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A group of kids started on another group of kids in the centre of a major city.

Have the army been informed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

If it was up to me I'd exterminate them as part of a Government process of national cleansing. Of course everybody is too politically correct here to entertain this idea, so I'm interested in hearing other solutions. How can we clean up Dublin and make it a desirable destination?

Clean up the justice system and actually police the area properly.

The boardwalk is a no-go area, maybe move the drug clinics to a posh part of D4 and you'll be guaranteed you will find action being taken! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

Nope. I'm definitely not too politically correct and I'm entertaining the idea. but you will need to do a lot more than get rid of the scumbags to make dublin desirable. i'd say the only way to make it desirable is to level it and start from scratch. even if D4 was leveled it would be a good start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Avoid dublin city. Simple.

Guards really don't care or have the will to do anything about the scummers. If more people avoided the city centre cos of junkie scum then business would lose out and put pressure on council/government/guards etc. Not gonna happen though so best to stay away.

One advantage to being a junkie is knowing guards won't go near you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No matter where you go in the world every place has some degree of scum.
    Dublin is no different & it's getting a bit annoying that people think Dublin is an exception to the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

we should ship them off to somewhere remote and desolate where we don't have to look at them.

yes, this is a Roscommon joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I was thinking we could put a sniper on top of the spire who has the legal right to shoot any person within 1000 yards of his position that falls under all of the following parameters:

1) wearing a tracksuit
    2) standing in place for more than 2minutes
    3) holding a bottle of fanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

bonerm wrote: »
    I was thinking we could put a sniper on top of the spire who has the legal right to shoot any person within 1000 yards of his position that falls under all of the following parameters:

1) wearing a tracksuit

he'd want good balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

bonerm wrote: »

1) wearing a tracksuit

He'll be busy in October

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

DrumSteve wrote: »
    he'd want good balance.

Or a good lubricant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

If it was up to me I'd exterminate them as part of a Government process of national cleansing. Of course everybody is too politically correct here to entertain this idea, so I'm interested in hearing other solutions.
    Yes. That's right. Its political correctness that prevents us from exterminating junkies.:rolleyes:
    How can we clean up Dublin and make it a desirable destination?
    How about a system of gas chambers. That'd be a tourist draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I was in Dublin city today and encountered a large group of Spanish students. We are all accustomed to them coming over every summer to learn English. They are a major boost to our economy (especially in the current climate) and from my experience they are generally good mannered and far better behaved them their Irish counterparts when abroad.

Anyway, the students were just wondering down the road chatting and laughing. They weren't bothering anybody.

As they walked on to O'Connell street , a group of about 5 sweaty pale faced tracksuit wearing junkie scum crawled out of a side street and started shouting abuse at them. 4 men in their late twenties and 1 fat beast of a heroin pin cushion. They used foul language, and one even threw a can at the frightened students. The beast woman even started on a young Spanish girl who was no older than 13!!!

A Gard who observed the situation simply told the scum to move on! It got me thinking about the scum infestation in out city and how they are basically ruining it , not only for Irish people, but for tourists who are pumping money into our economy.

In order to protect our much needed tourist income we need to clean up our streets and eradicate the scum that control it. You can't even use the liffey boardwalk on a summers day because its taken over by junkies and scum bags drinking cans and causing trouble.

you have an interesting view on what the term 'politically correct' means, carlos_ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Do you know what I was just thinking about that today, I have lived in Dublin for 20 years and I have never witnessed so much scumbagary in one city in all my life, from travelling to different cities I can confirm that Dublin is by far the worst city in Europe anyway for scumbags. You cant walk two feet in Dublin without being harrassed by some junkie who is looking for 1 euro for the "bus". I was just in London over the weekend and I didnt have a single problem the whole weekend and we walked around everywhere, its a huge pity because it gives Ireland a mad name and we need tourism around this time just like every other city, those scumbags are everywhere, its like the plague or zombie infestation. I remember an american friend of mine asked me when he was over are they homeless and I said most of them have homes to go to, he was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

If it was up to me I'd exterminate them as part of a Government process of national cleansing. Of course everybody is too politically correct here to entertain this idea

:pac::pac::pac:

Well they're would be no tourists coming here if you were in charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

They should have a garda van pick up groups of scum harassing people and then drop them off one by one in remote areas of the city, forcing them to make their lonely way back to their wretched hive of scum and villany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Anyway, the students were just wondering down the road chatting and laughing. They weren't bothering anybody....

Were you wearing earplugs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

You get that scum in Spain also... i've been there and im not talking about the Irish tourist hotspots.

Lol, first response is "Well, they do it in Spain too".

Whats is this first class debating? "Well they do it too" argument will really help improve downtown dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was going to care until you said it was those annoying spanish students

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sir, I salute you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

easyeason3 wrote: »
    No matter where you go in the world every place has some degree of scum.
    Dublin is no different & it's getting a bit annoying that people think Dublin is an exception to the norm.

Agreed.

I wonder have these people actually left Dublin before.

Last time I was in Rome, my friend got his wallet & camera robbed, when in Barcelona two of my friends got wallets, cameras, watches and one got his runner robbed while on the metro, in Madrid a protest turned into a full scale riot between the knackers from the suburbs & the cops; In San Francisco, I saw one person getting shot and another getting stabbed my a midget, also junkies everywhere.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

There's scumbags everywhere,not much we can do but ignore them and keep giving them suspended sentences...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

And by the way Carlos Ray those foreign students are ignorant little fcukers. They think they own the fcuking footpaths.
    And theres always a few of them wearing glasses that look like something from the 70's.
    And they wear backpacks everywhere, they probably sleep with a bag on their back.
    And for students that come over to emerse themselves in Irish culture they seem to give most of the time walking around in packs not really doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Noopti wrote: »
    They should have a garda van pick up groups of scum harassing people and then drop them off one by one in remote areas of the city, forcing them to make their lonely way back to their wretched hive of scum and villany.

Nah, you'll just spread the scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

thats the real world we live in, you cant just put all the people you dont like onto a boat and push it out to see!
    Can nobody think of a constructive solution? For one the government allows them too much entitlements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

you have an interesting view on what the term 'politically correct' means, carlos_ray.

I was basically referring to the general views on this site. If you say, Dublin is a kip ( Which it is, and I am from there), people will no doubt say ," you get scum everywhere" just so they seem balanced and fair. However, I grew up in many different countries ( due to my fathers job) and without a doubt, Dublin has the highest level of scum for a small western capital city.

True every City has scum, but come on, they basically patrol our main streets with impunity, drinking, drug taking , and abusing people. Its a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have lived in Dublin for 20 years and I have never witnessed so much scumbagary in one city in all my life,

I have lived in Dublin and travelled/lived/worked in other cities in europe. Dublin is not the worst in terms of street criminality by a long shot.

It's funny though - if the OP was about roma street criminality and looking to exterminate all of them the OP would probably have gotten infracted by now.

Advertisement