Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is the sister coming back this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

just occurred to me there but gits demise is quite billy battsesque

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Skerries wrote: »
    is the sister coming back this season?

Hope so I would box the head off a swan to get to her bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Dazzler lift the keg?

BTW Tommy is still very sexy :p

might have been an empty one...oya give me tommy anyday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

el diablo wrote: »
    When Fran came to help he was driving a left hand drive car. The next scene it was right hand drive. Or maybe I'm seeing things. :p

You weren't imagining things, I copped that one straight off.

Remember in the last series Sheehan had a ronny & goatie (bum fluff) on & off too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ok, that's good to hear. It's been a long day. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Remember in the last series Sheehan had a ronny & goatie (bum fluff) on & off too :)

he needs to get rid of the beard and leave the ronny :D

amazing the amount of folk in here who watch it with their glass of vino on a sunday night and claim to know what is and what isn't realistic in gangland ireland. that for me is the best comedy of all :D

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I find Darren totally believable, don't understand all the scepticism of his character. The way he fired the barrel at Git's head was brilliant.

Maybe because he's hardly saying a word anymore.

The big flaw with him was the accent, at least for Dublin viewers (I think).. So they've sorted that one out, by giving him less to say.

Jayob10 wrote: »

amazing the amount of folk in here who watch it with their glass of vino on a sunday night and claim to know what is and what isn't realistic in gangland ireland. that for me is the best comedy of all :D

I watched it with a cuppa :P

Hope so I would box the head off a swan to get to her bedroom.

In the meantime we have Nidges wife Trish (Aoibhinn McGinnity) and Tommy's missus Siobhan (Charlie Murphy) to feast our eyes on and also Git's tasty daughter in law thrown into the mix though i do hope the lovely Mary (Ruth Bradley) comes back. You can never have enough talent on screen in my opinion :)

• Advertisement

Dano's wife played by Eve Macklin......mmmm yes please :)

eve-macklin-4

If you have been affected by the issues raised in tonight's program such as an empty belly from a hard night of corpse disposal, please call Fran who'll tell you the location of the nearest 'All day breakfast' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Dazzler lift the keg?

BTW Tommy is still very sexy :p

Tommy is a bit of alright but Dazzler... Mmmm... He is just delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 headlikea

In the meantime we have Nidges wife Trish (Aoibhinn McGinnity) and Tommy's missus Siobhan (Charlie Murphy) to feast our eyes on and also Git's tasty daughter in law thrown into the mix though i do hope the lovely Mary (Ruth Bradley) comes back. You can never have enough talent on screen in my opinion :)

I don't think Ruth Bradley is going to be in this series, I'm sure I heard her say in an interview she was filming "Grabbers" or working on a new film at the same time that Love Hate was in production.

headlikea wrote: »
    I don't think Ruth Bradley is going to be in this series, I'm sure I heard her say in an interview she was filming "Grabbers" or working on a new film at the same time that Love Hate was in production.

Yeah id say they'll probably write her out of it by means of having fell out with Darren after the disappearance of that young lad Luke the last series. An Awful pity though she is absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Jasus the acting is still as bad as ever (better than Fair City all the same) but the story line keeps you coming back for more,it's like car crash tv

Actor who played Git is a film-maker and director also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smallhorne

Actor who played Git is a film-maker and director also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smallhorne

Jimmy Smallhorne. :p

delw wrote: »
    Jasus the acting is still as bad as ever (better than Fair City all the same) but the story line keeps you coming back for more,it's like car crash tv

I think Tom Vaughan Lawlor (Nidge) is a class actor especially when you hear him give an interview off screen and see how different he is. One of Ireland's hidden gems. He deserves a big break after the blinder he has played throughout every episode. His face is so familiar but i cant remember what i seen him in prior to love/hate. Think he does mostly theatre.

I thought the acting from Sheehan tonight was brutal. When he was telling Nidge that Aido had been kneecapped it looked as if he was going to burst out laughing. Absolutely woeful. Taxi to Carrigstown for Robert.

Fran is brilliant but probably overacts a small bit.

Overall a good cast. Its not easy to know how to play a scumbag. While you can stereotype them you cant exactly go up to them and ask to live with them to get more insight into their character.

el diablo wrote: »
    Jimmy Smallhorne. :p

Ha ha thats what she (Siobhan) said :D

• Advertisement

I think Tom Vaughan Lawlor (Nidge) is a class actor especially when you hear him give an interview off screen and see how different he is. One of Ireland's hidden gems. He deserves a big break after the blinder he has played throughout every episode. His face is so familiar but i cant remember what i seen him in prior to love/hate. Think he does mostly theatre.

Here's an interview from last series with the guy who plays Nidge.
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1127/lovehate_tomwaughanlawlor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Ok RTE so it's worth paying my licence now but can we have Tubberty and that frontline fool burried in that same grave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fran is brilliant but probably overacts a small bit.

I'm still finding it hard to forget the Chill ad he was in though.. (because of his very distinct voice)

When Nidge rang him tonight, I was half expecting him to say "It's okay Nidge, I'll take it from here"..

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Good start to this series. The Lads up North won't be happy when Git doesn't turn up. Looks like there may be a bit of grovelling to be done by Nidge. Anyone think Fran might still have it in for Darren?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

TheBlock wrote: »
    Good start to this series. The Lads up North won't be happy when Git doesn't turn up. Looks like there may be a bit of grovelling to be done by Nidge. Anyone think Fran might still have it in for Darren?

He'll need to do a bit more than that if they find out he's responsible:). Anyway I think a previous poster had it right when they said he'll blame it on the guy who had his cheek bitten off.

Dont think Fran has it in for him but understandly he's probably still a bit pissed about his dog & that pipe bombing incident from the same gang.

Have been looking forward to this series for awhile & its lived up to expectations. I hate to give RTE credit considering how badly run an organisation they are but this show is top class. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

First time viewer here. Watched it because apparently I must. Gratuitous violence, rubbish continuity and ham acting. Are standards driven so low now that this is regarded as really, really good?

The only, and I mean only, good thing about the show is it is an Irish production set in Dublin.

It bears a striking resemblance in story and theme to Romanzo Criminale. A little too striking, perhaps.

I'm sure he will blame Aido but will the Northie Nutters believe him? I think Fran might be looking to become Nidges goto man rather than Darren. Can see this story taking a couple of twists as Nidge trys to stay above ground.

Isn't this is an Independent Production?? Not sure the level of input into the scriptwiting they would have had. I suppose they did stump up the cash though.

mitosis wrote: »

It bears a striking resemblance in story and theme to Romanzo Criminale. A little too striking, perhaps.

They Killed the OC of the Real IRA in that too??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,837 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mitosis wrote: »
    First time viewer here. Watched it because apparently I must. Gratuitous violence, rubbish continuity and ham acting. Are standards driven so low now that this is regarded as really, really good?

The only, and I mean only, good thing about the show is it is an Irish production set in Dublin.

Meh to pretty much everything you've typed.

a big MEH

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

The soundtrack to this is topnotch . Zepplin for the opening credits and that country song with frans little shimmy and darren laughing at him at the end . Even the cheesy techno its all well chosen and perfectly fitting .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement