Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

neris wrote: »
    Ironic the programme after is about drugs and overcoming drugs especially after the whiny git on liveline a few weeks giving out about how to close to reality love hate was

That's the point of the show though, it wouldn't be doing itself justice if the didn't show gangland warts and all. I think it's doing a fantastic job, it's all very graphic but that's how it is! If people don't like the shows message, dont watch it, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Go on the Nidge, who when he triumphs over all will be summarily inducted into the Garda Siochana as Chief Commissioner by Minister of Justice, Alan Shatter, only to wipe out gangland crime, and Paul Williams et al, for all eternity.

BTW, why are there no scenes in this series set in Mountjoy Jail? In my innocence I thought that was where all Gangland Crime was organised from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Blay wrote: »
    The animal forum will have a fecking field day with that swan scene.

Fuck em, swans are cunts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Was that Nidge Fran was telling he is going to get john boys daughter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ainekav wrote: »
    Sure it didn't even show the swan being punched. They say at the end of each episode with animals that they don't harm them.

They couldn't possibly harm a real animals, RTE would be hung, drawn and quartered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yep, think i'll be keeping an ear out for Liveline tomorrow alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JG009 wrote: »
    Was that Nidge Fran was telling he is going to get john boys daughter?

Fran says to Nidge: "He took me wife, and if he doesnt give me money AND compensation, I'll get his daughter".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

just watching WYB and a lot of those addicts dont fir the sterotype of what an addict looks like either.

Yep, think i'll be keeping an ear out for Liveline tomorrow alright.

Yep, first mention of swans on liveline since the equal rights crowd wanted the movie "Black Swan" renamed "African American Swan"..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yep, first mention of swans on liveline since the equal rights crowd wanted the movie "Black Swan" renamed "African American Swan"..

Please tell me you made that up......If its true Ive heard it all:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

How about 'Swan, of colour'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lisha wrote: »
    Please tell me you made that up......If its true Ive heard it all:D:pac:
    Joe even held a poll to see if they should change it!

Excellent episode tonight. i too was watching with my folks present in the room. :o que picking up the first magazine i could find to read it and twiddling of the thumbs and looking at the floor when 'Rowwsssie' and 'Darrrrin' were getting busy.
    Mr Jinx wrote: »
    He didnt shoot stumpy that quick !

that's brilliant!!! :D

Luke very unhinged but then i suppose he has had a rough background so its understandable when someone is nice to him he got so easily attached.

brilliant program from rte. please invest in more like this and make 'Brian and Pippa get wed' or any of those other sh*te reality shows a thing of the past though i live greatly in hope on that one

EDIT: Oh and Tommy is the worst assassin of all time. Even the Bishops of Carrickstown would have done a better job with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

They couldn't possibly harm a real animals, RTE would be hung, drawn and quartered!

Yeah - that comment was in response to the people saying the animal rights crowd would be out in force - i was just saying they have nothing to complain about.

I wasn't complaining that they didnt show the killing of the swan for my entertainment

ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

That sex scene was completely and totally unnecessary. /may be due to my being in love with Rob Sheehan thing but even for a sex scene, it went on a bit long (smacks a bit of RTE trying to show how cool they are by having a really long sex scene)

Really, really think JohnBoy is going to OD and Fran will get into the apartment, ready to kill him and he'll be sitting there on the sofa, bulletproof vest on, that tray he snorts his coke off in front of him and the rolled up 50 in his hand, head back, eyes open but dead as ****.

John Boy's losing control - see how high and fcuked in the head he was at the party? Not like the party in Series One when Nidge got engaged and they had the hookers and stuff, he was doing lines and lines of coke and he was grand.

Felt a bit bad that Linda's death and funeral didn't get more than a nod with Fran picking her coffin, kinda wonder what the point of her character was - ride Nidge in the car (another unnecessary sex scene) and show how Fran doesn't give a fcuk about anyone except him and his dogs? Felt the way she killed herself wasnt true to the vanity of her character, get the feeling she'd want to leave an only bleedin' massive corpse, eyelashes and all on but I suppose with her face wrecked maybe that skewed her a bit.

Really, really getting excited for how this is going to wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ainekav wrote: »
    Yeah - that comment was in response to the people saying the animal rights crowd would be out in force - i was just saying they have nothing to complain about.

It was a joke...:rolleyes: Though they made a big deal out of Fran's 'dogfight' too even thought it never actually showed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And lets not forget the woman who phoned up to complain about taxi drivers overcharging from the rank outside the Swan Centre in Rathmines.;)

I hope there is a Love Hate related discussion blazing row on Liveline tomorrow but I reckon most of the show will concern the art auction fundraiser today and Joe saying well done, well done to Irish Coastguards and Prince William.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

mossyc123 wrote: »
    Christmas time and all the leaves are green... bit of an oversight or am I being too pedantic?!

That and the Luas running on Christmas day...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

What is that beer they all seem to drink from the bottle? Clancy's? Is it a real beer or a made-up one?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Found some scenes to be quite funny this week. The one when the hospital door opens and there's screaming and then it goes quiet and cuts to Nidge saying 'it's mad how they come out naked and you put clothes on them'.

• Advertisement

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    What is that beer they all seem to drink from the bottle? Clancy's? Is it a real beer or a made-up one?

Not made up at all.. I've been known to head down to the off license on my hoverboard, grab a six pack of Clancy's, and head over to Shrek and Captain America's pad for a night's drinking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Fran says to Nidge: "He took me wife, and if he doesnt give me money AND compensation, I'll get his daughter".

Knew it would go like this :) John boy is pissing Nidge off telling him to shut up about the baby etc so I betcha my next shipment he'll be gone soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Its looking like johnboy will get wacked next week i assume by nidge with approval by fran & the other gang members ?? But then again wasent expecting frans woman to kill her self so we wont know till next sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

realies wrote: »
    Its looking like johnboy will get wacked next week i assume by nidge with approval by fran & the other gang members ?? But then again wasent expecting frans woman to kill her self so we wont know till next sunday.

i hope not, would like this to keep going beyond this series, one of the best things on RTE in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

so many funny bits in it last night.... john boy(nidge weasel, nidge weasel and sons)..haha.

nidge after he runs into the hospital to trish.."dya need anything..im fcuking starving, havent eatin all day" classic.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

The whole thing looks like its shot around Knocklyon or Castleknock, not places you would find many tough gangsters

The end of the first series Darren got shot leaving Mortons pub on the Firhouse Road which is around Knocklyon but apart from that most of it is shot in D8 & D12.

CALLING ALL IRELAND WITH A MESSAGE FROM SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY IS FROM A WORKING CLASS AREA IN DUBLIN AND HAS KNOWN SOME SERIOUS SCUMBAGS IN MY TIME

This attempt by the D4 based RTE types to portray a realistic 'gritty' gangland working class Dublin, really is pants.

Nobody from working class Dublin talks like they do on love/hate

Nobody from working class Dublin dresses like they do on love/hate

No criminals/scumbags act like they do on love/hate

The whole thing looks like its shot around Knocklyon or Castleknock, not places you would find many tough gangsters

Id imagine if it were filmed round the likes of the Inner City or Finglas the 'tough guy' gangster actors of this show would get eaten alive

And I don't know many gangsters who look like lead character of Love/Hate, with his indie band haircut, Brown Thomas getup and stick thin skeletal figure.

Not a nike tracksuit, one back and sides haircut in sight

I'm afraid for me its just hate instead of love/hate

Again RTE and the Irish film industry fail in attempting to capture working class Dublin

I have seen and do see loads of Blokes dressing really well who are criminals,

Last night I identified Ballyfermot/st michael's estate/Bluebell/tallaght/cork street ?

Most of the people seen on love/hate are in the Top structures of the gang and would be dressed and more well of than then lower tracksuit types you see around.
    And imo there doing a good job in there portrayal of gangland in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Did he just kill a swan or was I dreaming? :eek:

Wasn't the swan dying or injured and he put it out of its misery ?

Think he took his rejection from darren's sister on the swan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Shush you, I'm looking for the good in things !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement