Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

absolutely cringing watching this ****e.. 'u were invited' 'i wasnt invited' 'u were invited' 'i wasnt invited'.. just when i thought it couldnt get worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The dancing down the isle bit was a bit stupid .. I thought they just did the funny dancing for the Wedding Dance...

God Ruth Bradley looks HOT with Blonde hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good, I hope nancy-boy is dead if their going to make a second series.

At least they wrote off Gleeson, muppet.

Tonights episode was dire.

Jesus, somebody knocked off the camera man as well... nobody is safe from gangland..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

That was a very serious episode of Hardy Bucks. Where were the laughs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Stumpy is easily the best character in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

rob88 wrote: »
    absolutely cringing watching this ****e.. 'u were invited' 'i wasnt invited' 'u were invited' 'i wasnt invited'.. just when i thought it couldnt get worse

Why?

The subtext, later revealed, was 'who's side are you on?'

Was it the acting?

On the bigger 'shiit' argument, I do think you have to take into account who actually made this - their experience and budget etc. (same a in football :D)

for the resources, it was commendable and at least better than ****.

As long as RTE stay completely away from comedy, we're grand. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I thought that last episode was actually quite good. It's a shame they took 3 hours of nonsense to build up to one half decent episode though.

Some of the dialog was a bit shaky though. I don't think I've heard anyone say dirt bird in quite a few years, and some of Gillen's speeches were just a pile of waffle.

The one major issue that I just can't shake is the music. Whoever the music supervisor is/was needs to be taken out and slapped. There was no style to it at all, and that ending was ruined completely by the gangster rap kicking in as soon as the credits started.

Also, I've never held a gun in my life, but even I know that when you take the magazine out there's still a bullet in the chamber. Seems a bit unbelievable that a guy who goes around shooting people willy nilly doesn't know how his gun works.

Anyone else cringing at them dancing down the isle?.

wasn't it supposed to be cringy? gansta weddin an all that.

as for the bullet in chamber, perhaps, but he was a bit out of it was dear Hugie. (he'll be a loss for the second series)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

ArtSmart wrote: »
    wasn't it supposed to be cringy? gansta weddin an all that.

Seriously, no.
    ArtSmart wrote: »
    as for the bullet in chamber, perhaps, but he was a bit out of it was dear Hugie. (he'll be a loss for the second series)

Similar accident happened at a house party in Limerick, oh how I larfed then too!.

As for the round up the spout, 'the most dangerous gun is the empty one'.. I enjoyed this bit, came as a surprise. Although a muppet, at least he could act the part - unlike the idiot who plays his older brother, shudda killed him off too.

• Advertisement

Similar accident happened at a house party in Limerick, oh how I larfed then too!

Yeah Philip Collopy in Limerick..
    http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/mar/22/gangland-criminal-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-t/

Was a bit too close to it imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭ianrush

As a last episode to this current series, that was all over the place. No sense of pacing or build up to the drama, main characters just disappearing for several minutes at a time. So much of the episode was just filler around a couple of moments of action. It's a bad soap with production values. And now it's got a second series. Bet Stuart Carolan will send Jane and Eamon a nice christmas present this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Jesus, somebody knocked off the camera man as well... nobody is safe from gangland..

Lolz. Proved you watched it till the end anyway. Thought this was weakest episode of the 4. Its starting to remind me of a gangster X Factor though, one elimination on every show.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Glad to see Gleeson's character die the way he did.

Bit of suspense at the end thinking are they gonna take the main fella out or not. Was thinking he got away with when he made peace with John boy and it cut to him walking away but as soon as the car was seen driving up it was curtains for him

Overall decent enough I suppose for RTE. Dont have a clue how the story will go for the new serious or will they start with a new story

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good enough show but I don't know how they will get a 2nd series out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Really?I'd say it'll be Sheehan versus Stump, and John boy will have to choose sides.
    Also, the blonde one said something weird at the wedding, I'm not sure if it 'wacko' or not, but it sounded terrible, almost as bad as them walking down the aisle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jhcristy

I enjoyed this series very much, well done that man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

jhcristy wrote: »
    I enjoyed this series very much, well done that man

you've been a member for 7 years and this is the best first post you could come up with?? :D

you've been a member for 7 years and this is the best first post you could come up with?? :D

:D :pac:

Yeah I couldnt understand that either.. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Good enough show but I don't know how they will get a 2nd series out of it.

Because the main chap isn't dead. If he was dead, he'd have died before the end credits.

Love/Hate season 2: Stumpy's Comeuppance. Coming to screens near you in fall 2011. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭seanrose

To me this show was a bit like Big Brother in the early years.

Didnt want to watch it cos thought it was **** but didnt want to miss it either in case i missed sumting.

I think the show moved far to quick in the end.Nidge only proposed in episode 3 yet got married very quick.

Also where was the bit where Darren fell out with John Boy and Hughie.I know that when they where celebrating after the big deal that Darren wouldnt celebrate with them but they werent specking in the last episode.

I think it should have shown more investigations into the murders etc.

Thats what glamourises gangland.People shooting away at each other and yet come under very little hassle from the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Why do people keepmaking excuses for this ****e? Excuses such as budget constrictions and it's not bad for RTE is not good enough. You don't need a big budget for a decent script.This was awful. It really was, and no please don't accuse me of criticising it just because it's Irish, hence accusing me of some kind of begrudgery. No it's not.it's calling a spade a spade.The begrudgery line is trotted out so often in this country at anyone who criticises anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Is darren dead or not. Cos if he survived they could defo get a
    Second series. Darren, Nidge & Tommy vs john boy & Stumpy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

All four episodes will be released on DVD on the 29 October 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

It was good compared to other RTE dramas but it was hard to feel any connection/sympathy for the characters, the majority of which were scumbags and the others were just as bad cos they were involved with scumbags and seemed to have no problem with it.

Aiden Gillen was terrible in it.

BTW How did Darren know that Hughie killed Robbie? John Boy only found out at the end of episode 3 but in last nights episode they all seemed to know about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

thought it was a badly laid out series. it was a bit all over the place. at the start your one thats pregnant that got beaten up by her boy friend , didt have a mark on her etc but yet they were talkin about it ??

are they making a second series??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It wasnt a bad series. A bit too short to develop much as with most Irish produced drama (although I can fully understand why they are so short)
    Some good acting and decent storylines.
    More could be developed in the next series.

Overall, I enjoyed it - as good as any Irish produced drama that I have seen in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Overall i enjoyed the series. I'm not from Dublin so i don't really care about the accents or the locations. I thought the soundtrack was good. A lot of classic American hip-hop in there.

This is where they got the wedding scene from...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

• Advertisement

Why do people keepmaking excuses for this ****e? Excuses such as budget constrictions and it's not bad for RTE is not good enough. You don't need a big budget for a decent script.This was awful. It really was, and no please don't accuse me of criticising it just because it's Irish, hence accusing me of some kind of begrudgery. No it's not.it's calling a spade a spade.The begrudgery line is trotted out so often in this country at anyone who criticises anything.

what you doing up at 07:39 on a bank holiday? not tarmaccadaming i hope?
    :)
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying esp, the begrudgery bit. and it's true a stunning script makes all the difference. Still for me it'sthe bigger picture, new drama subject matter, a chance for young actors, sometihng not too embarrassing to sell abroad, kinda thing.
    (wish to fook I had BBC4 to see the boys...loved it back in the day)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement