Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catastrophic climate change

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

But isn't that a corporation making sure it doesn't look bad and/or having to pay put even more money in fines. That would really seem to go with the point i made about corporations funding organisation that dismiss man made global warming to maximise profits. BP are funding organisations and hiring lawyers to cover their asses and save them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It doesnt have to be one guy necessarily nor does it have to be hidden.

You brought up the "one guy" idea, so I just re-used it. Of course it could be multiple entities. Thing is, though, they do have to be operating at least partly behind teh scenes....corrupting virtually every single avenue for scientific funding for the argument to hold up that they're trying to con the world with bogus science.

Of course...the one avenue they've failed to corrupt is that of the virtuous petro-chemical giants, who are selflessly funding people to preach controversy and push the truth that its all wrong....acting as the sole major force for the path of truth and justice that is challenging the lie of global warming.

Isn't it great that we have them looking out for our best interests ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

RoboClam wrote: »
    Well, thermal expansion doesn't increase the ocean mass, but rather a volume change due to increased movement of particles. The quote I posted, which was a little ambiguous I might add, was referring to the change in mass due to the melting of land based ice.

Just wondered, maybe you'd be interested in this:
    The island that came out of nowhere

It isn't on the map, no one knows what to call it, and it could vanish at any moment. John Lichfield visits L'île Mystérieuse

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-island-that-came-out-of-nowhere-2052341.html

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Pretty interesting article. It doesn't really dispute climate change of course, as the article does give a possible reason for its existence. I will keep an eye on it though, cheers!

Advertisement