Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Bailey @ 02 September 30

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Was at the gig on the friday night and although there was a few yuks there was a few jokes i'd heard before and
    a re-hashing of the kraftwerk style parodies that everyone knows by now.

I had the misfortune of sitting beside some absolute fools.
    The girl behind me was a ****tard and thought that she was having a personal conversation with Bailey, either that or she thought she was at a pantomime...
    She actually said, "Dont go in there Bill" at one stage...

I'll probably get the dvd tho.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Panda wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of sitting beside some absolute fools.
    The girl behind me was a ****tard and thought that she was having a personal conversation with Bailey, either that or she thought she was at a pantomime...
    She actually said, "Dont go in there Bill" at one stage...

Had one like that at his last gig in the O2. One of the thing I remember her saying was 'OMG Bach would be rolling in his grave' and 'I play the violin myself' she was saying **** like this every 2 minutes. She was about 4 rows behind me though.

Only really know him from black books and spaced. Never been to one of his shows apart from his remarkable guide so I was laughing at most of his material and thought he was excellent. His three encores were a nice suprise:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Went to see Bill on Friday night. I was really looking forward to it as I had seen him in the Olympia last year. That time I couldn't wait for the interval because I was getting a headache from laughing so much. On Friday night I felt I was forcing myself to laugh. Lots of rehashed material. Don't think I'll be rushing back to see him for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^ rehashed material?! you saw his warm up shows in the olympia where he was trying this stuff for the very first time then are surprised when he does it again for his dvd recording?!

does not compute! :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

^^ rehashed material?! you saw his warm up shows in the olympia where he was trying this stuff for the very first time then are surprised when he does it again for his dvd recording?!

does not compute! :confused:

Bill promised a brand new show but instead we got a repeat of the Olympia show. What doesn't compute?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hermy wrote: »
    Bill promised a brand new show but instead we got a repeat of the Olympia show. What doesn't compute?

it was HIS brand new show, what we saw in the olympia was the warm up shows where he tries out and tests new material while at the same time doing a "greatest hits" from tinselworm!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

How can you describe the O2 show as a brand new show when it was identical in content to the Olympia show?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Was it the same stuff? Don't feel as bad that I missed it now, had a ball in the Olympia, the size of the venue helped. I can't imagine the atmosphere would have translated as well in the Point.

Advertisement