Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Drive Collection List (LONG POST!!!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The translation was awful though. It might be because I played it much later in the Ps2'slife. When it first came out there wasn't much in the way of RPGs on the system. I kind of get the feeling the bad translaton spoiled the game somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

I dont think so man

I do remember I got a copy of it in a shop in swords back in 94 /5?), I am not sure were they selling an import or pal version. They were selling it though. According to several sites I have checked it is available on pal... so?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just Mega Drive or do you have a 32X too?

If you have a 32X, then Doom, Metal Head, Star Wars Arcade, Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing Deluxe are essentials.

Knuckles Chaotix too if you really want the full collection of Sonic games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,641 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you have a 32X, then Doom, Metal Head, Star Wars Arcade, Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing Deluxe are essentials.

Doom and Metal Head could be avoided if you were only buying good games..but seeing as there's bugger all else on the system they're pretty essential alright.

After Burner Deluxe, Space Harrier and Mortal Kombat II are worth picking up too.

If we're including NTSC games, then Tempo should be there as it's decent enough.

Also if you're made of money, Kolibri & Darxide!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Doom and Metal Head could be avoided if you were only buying good games..but seeing as there's bugger all else on the system they're pretty essential alright.

The 32X version is far from essential. If you are posting on boards you already own a PC far more capable of running a better version of Doom than the 32X.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You misunderstood me. It's bad, but when you own a console that has under 30 games, most of them ****, anything even remotely playable counts! :D

I'm of the opinion Doom 32X isn't playable :P You'd probably need a 42 inch screen just to see since the screen size is reduced so much.

Master of the Universe

However, when compared to Cosmic Carnage, Toughman Contest and Motocross Championship, it looks like art :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Donald Duck In Maui Mallard
    Daffy Duck In Hollywood?

I can't really think of any others to add, maybe Alien Storm?

I heard people say those games are good. I tried them and they really aren't anything better than run of the mill platformers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement