Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Knocks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

Tallaghtoutlaws - the comment was directed towards me, not Archimedes. I'm generally suspect of folks on internet boards who post "inside" information. As I was about to relay what amounts to personal information told to me by numerous friends and acquaintances, I was basically warning folks that I understand if they take said information with a grain of salt.

Apologies to Archimedes (or others) if they interpreted it as being directed at their comments. It was not my intention.

Regarding his image at USC, you may have forgotten about his arrest for alleged sexual assault while at USC. Thankfully, nothing came of it, but certainly it was not publicity Mr. Sanchez wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

cheesehead wrote: »
    Tallaghtoutlaws - the comment was directed towards me, not Archimedes. I'm generally suspect of folks on internet boards who post "inside" information. As I was about to relay what amounts to personal information told to me by numerous friends and acquaintances, I was basically warning folks that I understand if they take said information with a grain of salt.

Apologies to Archimedes (or others) if they interpreted it as being directed at their comments. It was not my intention.

Sorry my bad I misread what you said I guess. You don't need to worry about inside information round these parts unless it relates to the Irish American Football League :D
    cheesehead wrote: »
    Regarding his image at USC, you may have forgotten about his arrest for alleged sexual assault while at USC. Thankfully, nothing came of it, but certainly it was not publicity Mr. Sanchez wanted.

Alleged being the key word and innocent until proven guilty and all of that. And it never really affected peoples opinion of him. Most put it down to the usual college antic of any young man or woman letting loose in College I.e Underage drinking etc etc In fact from what I can remember in the past it seems Sanchez reputation as a nice guy always held intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Raoul wrote: »
    He has fathered at least 7 children to 6 different women in 5 states. :eek:

Still can't beat Travis Henry, doubt if anybody can. 13 kids by 12 different women and the only reason for that is he had one set of twins. He's in prison now, apparently got involved in drug dealing to pay the child support.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20090303/NEWS/903030327

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 padraigc

Any links to episode 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

If you know how to use torrents go here here or google tenyardtorrents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I lolled during the magic show at the rookie night.

"Yo make Revis appear....that'd be one hell of a trick..."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 padraigc

Thank for the links, but I can't watch them, I'm a bit useless at computers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

padraigc wrote: »
    Thank for the links, but I can't watch them, I'm a bit useless at computers

I'd add imagining yourself to be useless with something is a self-fufilling prophecy and big part of what's preventing you being more competent with simple issues like this, but I can't say that and not help out!

Torrents (most likely the things that confused you) are a case of downloading uTorrent (a downloader that lets you download torrent files) from http://www.utorrent.com/ and then going to any number of torrent sites (just Google 'torrent' and you'll find all the most popular ones) by clicking on the 'download torrent' link that will be on the torrent in question's page when you find what you want to download.

In the case of TenYardTorrents, they've closed new account creation temporarily, but again Google is your friend: http://www.torrentdownloads.net/torrent/1651928672/Hard+Knocks+S06E03+HDTV+XviD-SYS+%5BNO-RAR%5D+-+%5B+%5D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Haven't watched episode 3 yet but find it a bit weird there's so little about Calvin Pace so far as he's one of their best players, and certainly along with Jenkins my favourite on the team

jdivision wrote: »
    Haven't watched episode 3 yet but find it a bit weird there's so little about Calvin Pace so far as he's one of their best players, and certainly along with Jenkins my favourite on the team

Given Hard Knocks is a documentary I'd imagine that Pace has done little of note during the course of filming. That's not to say he's not being doing well at his job, but if there's something more interesting going on it's the producers' job to ensure it's covered above showing you a greatest hits of the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Syferus wrote: »
    Given Hard Knocks is a documentary I'd imagine that Pace has done little of note during the course of filming. That's not to say he's not being doing well at his job, but if there's something more interesting going on it's the producers' job to ensure it's covered above showing you a greatest hits of the team.

I'd imagine thats it, last year Cedric Benson was hardly mentioned despite being one of the Bengals best players. I'm not complaining, i thought it was interesting seeing the players on the fringes of the squad fight for their spots on the roster.

Just watched the finale. Fantastic series, definitely the best so far imo. The way the ended it with
    Revis' return to camp, and the "Jets on three....1 - 2 -3 - Jets!"
    was excellently done and gave me serious goosebumps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Find it strange that Greene was hardly touched upon in fact he wasn't even filmed once during the whole thing despite being the the no1 RB.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Find it strange that Greene was hardly touched upon in fact he wasn't even filmed once during the whole thing despite being the the no1 RB.

Re: above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just watched the finale. Fantastic series, definitely the best so far imo. The way the ended it with
    Revis' return to camp, and the "Jets on three....1 - 2 -3 - Jets!"
    was excellently done and gave me serious goosebumps :o

Watched the whole thing and loved it....apart from the ending. I thought it was a big let down. Just a quick shot of Revis rejoining the team and that was it. Just my opinion.

f1dan wrote: »
    Watched the whole thing and loved it....apart from the ending. I thought it was a big let down. Just a quick shot of Revis rejoining the team and that was it. Just my opinion.

To be fair, they only had a few days to put it together after he signed. I imagine they had it all pretty much wrapped up, then the news Revis signed came in.

Archimedes wrote: »
    To be fair, they only had a few days to put it together after he signed. I imagine they had it all pretty much wrapped up, then the news Revis signed came in.

Probably, I thought they could have maybe done a bit more on it but as you say, last minute job.

As a side note, did anyone else see the 09 Saints episode of America's Game? Brilliant stuff.

f1dan wrote: »

I love when someone sees something in spoilers tags and then sees fit to respond by saying what's inside those spoilers without spoiler tags!

Syferus wrote: »
    I love when someone sees something in spoilers tags and then sees fit to respond by saying what's inside those spoilers without spoiler tags!

Sorry, my bad :o

Advertisement