Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

roast wrote: »
    phog wrote: »
    I have a Samsung that needs unblocking, is there a DIY (free :) ) way of doing this or have I to head to a shop that will do it for me.

What model?

aye, if its a samsung running android it'll be, well, i wont say "easy" enough, but certainly phog you would be capable of doing it by yourself.

i followed the instructions in the xda-dev forums to unlock a samsung europa handy enough... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭phog

roast wrote: »
    What model?
    xsiborg wrote: »
    aye, if its a samsung running android it'll be, well, i wont say "easy" enough, but certainly phog you would be capable of doing it by yourself.

i followed the instructions in the xda-dev forums to unlock a samsung europa handy enough... :)

GT-B3410

phog wrote: »
    GT-B3410

hi phog, just had a look at the specs there, unfortunately there's no easy way to unlock the phone for free.

now, in saying that, if you've spent over €130 on credit since you got the phone, you can call your network operator and request an unlock code.

if you havent, the phone may cost you up to €30 to unlock in a shop, and im just thinking given that its a fairly low spec phone, that €30 might be better spent put towards a new phone which you can get with 3G and wi-fi features for €60.

im thinking of the samsung europa on the 3 network, or for €100 you might have a look at the samsung galaxy Y on e-mobile/meteor, both easily unlockable by yourself as they are both phones with the android operating system on them.

sorry now i didnt have any better news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Bad crash on M7 south bound, just before junction 28 (castletroy). Single car, large Audi, went into crash barrier on a bend. 5 fire tenders, 3 ambulances and two garda cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 confused2012

Ted, I'm goin mad

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    hi phog, just had a look at the specs there, unfortunately there's no easy way to unlock the phone for free.

now, in saying that, if you've spent over €130 on credit since you got the phone, you can call your network operator and request an unlock code.

if you havent, the phone may cost you up to €30 to unlock in a shop, and im just thinking given that its a fairly low spec phone, that €30 might be better spent put towards a new phone which you can get with 3G and wi-fi features for €60.

im thinking of the samsung europa on the 3 network, or for €100 you might have a look at the samsung galaxy Y on e-mobile/meteor, both easily unlockable by yourself as they are both phones with the android operating system on them.

sorry now i didnt have any better news :(

Tbh, I expected that and had decided if it couldn't be done for free I'd give it a miss and get an android phone, I've the San Francisco and find it grand so may get whatever is the replacement for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Wish me luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The Snipe wrote: »

Good... Luck??... :confused:

For why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Sucks to be you snipe! When do you finish up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Leaving Cert? :pac::pac:

Viel Gluck der Snipemeister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Luck! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aw, the baby of the forum is doing his big exams! :D

best of luck snipe! :D

Good luck man, in the words of Douglas Adams: don't panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

8 years ago, feel like forever! Done plenty of college exams in the meantime, none were as stressful as the LC (though that wasn't too bad TBF).

Cossax wrote: »
    8 years ago, feel like forever! Done plenty of college exams in the meantime, none were as stressful as the LC (though that wasn't too bad TBF).

Settle down grandpa :pac:

*shakes fist*... youuuu... :mad:

whippersnapper! :pac:

17 years... :rolleyes:

at what?

Best of Luck anyway :D

Never, Captain Jack's closed down the day I finished. :(

• Advertisement

Who or what is captain jack?!

A rather relaxed cafe with an enclosed backyard where all us cool secondary school students used to hang out.

How much longer is Funderland around does anyone know?

And can anyone remember the name of the kids play centre thing that used to be in the crescent?? It had that steep red coke slide that went into a ball pit? Drivin me nuts!

Cossax wrote: »

A rather relaxed cafe with an enclosed backyard where all us cool secondary school students used to hang out.

Don't lie to me ;)

Ha seriously though, where was it located?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    And can anyone remember the name of the kids play centre thing that used to be in the crescent?? It had that steep red coke slide that went into a ball pit? Drivin me nuts!

Peter Pan's Play World!

Often confused with Pirates Play-world on Clare Street. :)

yes! thank you! that was drivin me nuts! ahhh peter pan world.. good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I always said that they should have an adults play world. I think it would be pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Peter Pan's Play World!

Often confused with Pirates Play-world on Clare Street. :)

That place scared the CRAP outta me. Me anmd Sean went once when the Cobh people were up and I was scared sh!tless....

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    That place scared the CRAP outta me. Me anmd Sean went once when the Cobh people were up and I was scared sh!tless....

I used to hide in the dark tunnel with the ghosts and pirates painted on the sides and jump out of the shadows when people walked by. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I used to hide in the dark tunnel with the ghosts and pirates painted on the sides and jump out of the shadows when people walked by. :pac:

IT was ALL about Peter Pan. I'd sell my soul for an afternoon in there now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement