Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Guys to Join Musical Societies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

athtrasna wrote: »
    Our society (Coolmine, Dublin 15) have just announced that the November show will be Jesus Christ Superstar so hopefully that will attract some guys. Will post audition info on here when it's announced, will most likely be May/June

Great show to do..I did technical for ours a few years ago loved it!

Although there was a great moan from the men when the director decided to do traditional costumes and not the modern combat type ones which were cooler and way more appealing to the menfolk, something that may influence new members is the thoughts of wearing a 'dress' in their first show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Great show to do..I did technical for ours a few years ago loved it!

Although there was a great moan from the men when the director decided to do traditional costumes and not the modern combat type ones which were cooler and way more appealing to the menfolk, something that may influence new members is the thoughts of wearing a 'dress' in their first show.

Rights available at the moment are for traditional productions only. They'll cope with it, to sing that music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

apologies...forgot about this thread at audition time but there are further auditions for Peter, Apostles and a priest on Tuesday 27 August. http://www.aims.ie/interact_discuss_displaythread.php?tid=8755

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Saw the following on the DMDS Facebook page:

CALLING ALL MEN!!
    Open Auditions Tuesday 28th January from 7.30pm at the Methodist Hall, Northumberland Avenue, Dun laoghaire for LEAD ROLE of WILL PARKER for this March's production of OKLAHOMA. Please PM if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Needmockhelp

I think guys just think musicals are a bit girly. On the plus side tho if anyone is looking for a young guy to join a musical society around the Dublin area, I'm available! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement