Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in Limerick II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

He came 3rd in the Freestyle category at the Irish Hairdressing Championships last weekend, his first time entering too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I went out to Johnny's today for the first time after the recommendations on this thread and I can only add to the praise for this place!!
    Got a great value haircut, the place has a great atmosphere in it, it's kinda like a traditional American barber shop!! Will definetly be going there in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 b3mol

New Yorker on the corner of William and Wickham Street. Good price 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Stopped going to figaro a while back , prices just too steep and last guy I went to thought it was acceptable to go for a cigarette before he cut my hair- stink of smoke of him and his hands = puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Ugh nothing worse than that ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

b3mol wrote: »
    New Yorker on the corner of William and Wickham Street. Good price 2
    Dirtiest hair shop i visited ever...wont go there for free even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Modern Man. What's the story here these days? I got a haircut recently which wasn't anything like what I asked for...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a new barber in the crescent but according to a well known barber in the city - they arent even qualified!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

seachto7 wrote: »
    Modern Man. What's the story here these days? I got a haircut recently which wasn't anything like what I asked for...

Always go there and only ever had a problem when the newbies cut my hair but they didn't last long in there. The rest of the barbers are very good. No complaints with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ambered15

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's a new barber in the crescent but according to a well known barber in the city - they arent even qualified!

That's just stupid! I've been there few times and got a great cut well priced too! Every time I pass the place also it's packed out the door so they must be doin somthin rite!!

• Advertisement

Ambered15 wrote: »
    That's just stupid! I've been there few times and got a great cut well priced too! Every time I pass the place also it's packed out the door so they must be doin somthin rite!!

Ambered15

Adverts | Friends

Hmmmm...

suspicious-dog-500x364.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 b3mol

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Dirtiest hair shop i visited ever...wont go there for free even

I have been there few times now. Haven't really seen any dirt. Maybe You popped in on "one of those days" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

In fairness to the new poster, the barbers in the Crescent does always appear busy.

I know of three if the staff too who have all come from other well established barbers in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

That place in the crescent is fine. What put me off the place though is the girl cutting hair in there. She is a total looper. First time I went in she wanted to tell me all about her new boyfriend, their planned weekends away and what they were going to get up too.. 2nd time she wanted to know my opinions on giving her pal a friends number. I found her totally inappropriate and downright wierd.

haha, I got the same craic in the Crescent.... :)

ian87 wrote: »
    That place in the crescent is fine. What put me off the place though is the girl cutting hair in there. She is a total looper. First time I went in she wanted to tell me all about her new boyfriend, their planned weekends away and what they were going to get up too.. 2nd time she wanted to know my opinions on giving her pal a friends number. I found her totally inappropriate and downright wierd.
    She cut my hair the last time was a fair good one, sure what harm in her brim abut loopy place I used to go to guy in there would barely say hello!

But most importantly, is she hot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vitruvius

Anyone know is Rob still in Goodellas? I haven't seen him in a few months. I'm always the muppet in the hurry who lets the female 'barber' have a go, while everyone else waits for Keith.

vitruvius wrote: »
    Anyone know is Rob still in Goodellas? I haven't seen him in a few months. I'm always the muppet in the hurry who lets the female 'barber' have a go, while everyone else waits for Keith.

I think is workin in the place in Denmark street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Mc Love wrote: »

You can qualify in barbering??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yeah the girl in Boston Barbers in the crescent is a bit of a head wrecker, although their cuts are fine, just please stfu and cut my hair, i don't need to know your life story, this is a man barbers, not f*ckin peter marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vitruvius

Thanks
    - I'll be going there next time so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

JC's in Caherdavin or Davinci's on Thomas street. Usually go with Darren or Lenord in Davinci's, but never had any complaints when any of the other lads in Davinci's cut my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Upfront_1979

good recommendation for Gavin & Moore on Thomas st. decent cut and beard trim for €13. got some good beard advice also.

The banter in Johnnys barbers is worth the visit.

Was in the one in the crescent about six weeks back and yer one wouldn't shut up talking to other staff about a crock of a car she had bought. Very very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

testicle wrote: »
    You can qualify in barbering??

It can take up to five years for professional qualification recognised by the London Barbers Guild.

Something like that anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Apologies for dragging up an old thread.
    Does anybody know if Sebastian who used to work in Barbarellos in Corbally is working in any other barbers.
    As far as I know he has left Barbarellos
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Just an update, the guys name is Sid, not Sebastian!!!!

He has opened his own barbershop in College Park, Corbally.

Excellent service as always

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    A bit of an urgent request. Myself and the brother are supposed to be getting our haircuts today for my wedding but my barber is on holidays (Darren in Da Vincis). My fault, should have checked with him :rolleyes:

The brother is only in Limerick city this afternoon so I need to know a really good barber. The brother is conscious of the fact he is losing his har and will be shaving it all off after the wedding but wants one final styled cut for the wedding.

Any recommendations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement