Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish electricians Working for Werc in Norway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

So did all you lads who recently got your DSB certs get a job in Norway yet?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jasonglynn

el diablo wrote: »
    So did all you lads who recently got your DSB certs get a job in Norway yet?

Got the DSB,CompEx,BOSIET,MIST and Medical. Only back from Scotland where I did my training so only really starting to look for work now. If anybody knows of any work kicking off anywhere I'd be glad to here!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tevion1

jasonglynn wrote: »
    Got the DSB,CompEx,BOSIET,MIST and Medical. Only back from Scotland where I did my training so only really starting to look for work now. If anybody knows of any work kicking off anywhere I'd be glad to here!

How much did all the courses set you back, I have the dsb cert and thinking of goin over to do the compex. Did you get all courses done back to back?

Theres nothing really advertised at the moment that i can see. Might try and get on to some uk forums.

tevion1 wrote: »
    jasonglynn wrote: »

How much did all the courses set you back, I have the dsb cert and thinking of goin over to do the compex. Did you get all courses done back to back?

Theres nothing really advertised at the moment that i can see. Might try and get on to some uk forums.

The Compex cost £1000 sterling, I was lucky enough to get on the FAS pilot course "Access to Offshore" which was up in Donegal if your unemployed check out the FAS website or Effective Offshore. ie. The course consists of:
    BOSIET
    MIST
    Rigger Stage 1
    Slinger/Banksman Stage 1
    I'm also down to do a 10 week Instrumentation course in June if nothing comes up in the meantime. Also if your unemployed contact FAS about a grant towards the Compex, they give €500 its not loads but it helps as flights and digs bring it closer to €2000 to do the course. If you want to PM your email I have the course cd I can burn you a copy so you have an idea what it's all about before you go over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 colin469

jason can you tell me what the medical in the access to offshore consists of as my hearing in one ear isnt great

• Advertisement

colin469 wrote: »
    jason can you tell me what the medical in the access to offshore consists of as my hearing in one ear isnt great
    Hi Colin
    The hearing test is probably the toughest part but even if you don't do to well on that you can get a restricted medical cert from the doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 colin469

Will it prevent me from getting work offshore

colin469 wrote: »
    Will it prevent me from getting work offshore
    TBH I don't really know it depends how bad it is, but I do know that you can get restricted access so you wouldn't be able to work in areas where the noise is above a certain level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corkspark

Hi Jason,
    Apologies but first time posting!!
    Where did u do the compex course?

corkspark wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Apologies but first time posting!!
    Where did u do the compex course?

ASET in Aberdeen it's a great centre and the instructors explain everything very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

Hi guys,

Thinking of sending away for my DSB cert.

Is there much work for electricians in Norway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ibabe100

Yes if you have d.s.b cert i.c.d.s hireing now for norway. Need guys a.s.a.p,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

ibabe100 wrote: »
    Yes if you have d.s.b cert i.c.d.s hireing now for norway. Need guys a.s.a.p,,,,

I've applied for this, I have DSB cert but what is the FSE cert that they are also looking for is that handy enough to get? I need to get out of this country before I go demented sick to the teeth of no work

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

I've applied for this, I have DSB cert but what is the FSE cert that they are also looking for is that handy enough to get? I need to get out of this country before I go demented sick to the teeth of no work

Did you have any luck getting this job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

The course is designed for: English-speaking electricians who work with and carry out maintenance on Norwegian low-voltage electrical installations.

Here's a link to the course:

http://www.trainor.no/servlet/store?f=subjectinfoe&id=903&courseid=416

Having the EX Basic course would be helpful too but some companies will pay for you to do this course (probably not ICDS though ):

http://www.trainor.no/servlet/store?...0&courseid=398

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1 richie elecrician

hi i recently got my DSB cert. does anyone know of any 2/2 or 3/3 rotation jobs going or anything like that? is there as muck work as everyone says over there. i dont know where to even start looking. any help would be great.

Advertisement