Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish electricians Working for Werc in Norway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1234Robbie

Ex Door to Door Sales people?

Hi all, they have some sales/marketing/promotional vacancies for the Swords and Dun Laoghaire hubs with billsave.ie. These are sales agent roles selling gas and electricity. Its mostly door to door, its commission only, but if you've ever worked door to door you'll see the hours are better, the money is much better and the company is very professional. I've just started for them and said I'd pop this up...

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1124918

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tevion1

Just sent my application off today to norway for the dsb cert, is there any confirmation when they recieve it? Any good websites for info on the cert and for jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

tevion1 wrote: »
    Just sent my application off today to norway for the dsb cert, is there any confirmation when they recieve it? Any good websites for info on the cert and for jobs.

I applied online and got a confirmation email that it was received.MAke sure your references are complete and informative.No real idea of where to look for jobs.

I applied online and got a confirmation email that it was received.MAke sure your references are complete and informative.No real idea of where to look for jobs.

Did you get all copies certified and scanned?

Written references with plenty of details,scanned and uploaded.Don't expect to get it if the references are not good.My first application got rejected due to lack of information in the references.

• Advertisement

How long was it processed when it was rejected?

Just over 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

just wondering what do they exactly need to know in the reference if some of them are not informative enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sparky 83

anyone know the best way to start looking electrician for work in norway?or names/numbers for companies recruiting?would is the most common shift hours?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jonnymc83

i applied for mine in may and just got a letter saying ive been denied. That iam not educated as a electrician. which is complete nonsense im from belfast and have done my apprenticeship up there.(city and guilds) i gave them all my qualifications i even went back and done my 17th edition so im fully up to date. I dont know whats going on. Gonna fone them tomorrow see if i get some insight. Pissed off been waiting along time for this. Was waiting for a cv that never came in time which i have now didnt think that it would matter that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Think they're getting more strict on issuing DSB certs recently.

And no house-bashers need apply. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

LOL , severed my time in the city hospital. then worked for farrans construction servicing/ erecting cranes generators etc. have plc experience,Worked all over the world. would have thought id have more than enough experience.

jonnymc83 wrote: »
    LOL , severed my time in the city hospital. then worked for farrans construction servicing/ erecting cranes generators etc. have plc experience,Worked all over the world. would have thought id have more than enough experience.

By the way, that "house-basher" comment wasn't aimed at you. :)

Its all cool just blowing off a bit of steam after waiting 5 months and then they tell me im not an electrician and i can go and work as a helper. Been talking to friends that were over there and they say its slow anyway they've no work coming up till near xmas

hi johnny,did you get onto the dsb crowd to see why they rejected you?

Yeah was talking to thor winslad and he went through my app over the fone and he said theres no reason why it should have been rejected. He was going to talk to the fellow who processed my app he said he cant over rule him but he will have a chat and see if he can overturn the decission . So fingers crossed. I post a reply as soon as i find out

el diablo wrote: »
    Think they're getting more strict on issuing DSB certs recently.

And no house-bashers need apply. ;)

I'm very curious to know who that comment was directed at then.:confused:. Who was it directed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Hi,
    can anyone tell me what they mean by having yuor paperwork "certified" when you apply for the dsb?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

I'm very curious to know who that comment was directed at then.:confused:. Who was it directed at?

electricians maybe that only have domestic experience?

evosteo wrote: »
    electricians maybe that only have domestic experience?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. :)

• Advertisement

mvt wrote: »
    Hi,
    can anyone tell me what they mean by having yuor paperwork "certified" when you apply for the dsb?

thanks.

Copies of documents have to be signed and stamped by a garda. ( also a judge, justice of the peace )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mooseygoat

Hi lads been reading yer posts , whats the longest people have waited for the clearance ive heard nothing since 11 may.
    Also for those of ye that are there is it much different from working in ireland . Im currently working in canada and its off the wall the differences here its like stepping back about 30 years .

mooseygoat wrote: »
    Hi lads been reading yer posts , whats the longest people have waited for the clearance ive heard nothing since 11 may.
    Also for those of ye that are there is it much different from working in ireland . Im currently working in canada and its off the wall the differences here its like stepping back about 30 years .

Working in Canada is like stepping back 30 years? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mooseygoat

im not taking the piss its is ask any good spark that has been here , well whats the longest people have waited for this dsb licence.

mooseygoat wrote: »
    im not taking the piss its is ask any good spark that has been here , well whats the longest people have waited for this dsb licence.

Dont bother your hole trying to explain yourself,anybody that has worked around the place knows what you are saying.If you applied online then you should have the confirmation email.Longest I've heard of was 4 and a half months but some of his application was incomplete so it slowed it down.Give them a ring and see,it wont do no harm and they are very friendly.
    As for the wiring side of things,industrial and commercial buildings dont differ a whole lot from Ireland wise though they seemed to have less use of trunking and more use of rack and a more economical way of stacking it.Wiring codes are the same though in some panels I was wiring they had weird colour codes though it only seemed specific for the job we were on.From what I could seee in the house we were living in it seemed ancient techniques were used but it must be working for them.As is the same in Canada,you'll learn something new all the time.
    How is work going over there in Canada?Are you out in that hellhole Oilsands?

hi kippure,just recieved my dsb today,whats the best way to look for work now?

sparky 83 wrote: »
    hi kippure,just recieved my dsb today,whats the best way to look for work now?

Great news, how long did it take from confirmation to get your cert.

took roughly 4 months,no hastle,anyone working in norway at the minute??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rum and coke

got dsb yesterday
    anyone know of any work going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jasonglynn

Hi Lads, i recieved my DSB cert a couple of weeks ago but dont really know where to start to find work. Ive applied for the ICDS jobs advertised on FAS and thats about it.In Jan i will be doing BOSIET & MIST offshore courses which i hope will help.Do you guys think it would be worth going to Aberdeen to get Compex training?

Advertisement