Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So it begins...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Just to give you guys an update. Today is the 5 week mark, still smoke free :)
    it has been easier than i thought. I feel really lucky when i read some of the terrible withdrawls some people on here have gone through.

I was delighted the other day when i realised i hadent even thought about having a fag for about 3 hours. Never even entered my head.

Im feeling really healthy, ive doubled what i can do on the exercise bike when i smoked.

All the fears that i had before, what about when im drinking? what about after meals? what about when im nervous about something? are gone, im confident i can do anything without them.
    Ive been lying to myself for the last 12 years telling myself i wouldnt enjoy myself without them, rubbish. There is NO difference without them, they do NOTHING for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

I am delighted for you! well done - it is my 5 week mark today aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Brilliant! Now step out and enjoy your life.

7 1/2 weeks now. Im delighted i gave them up, one of the best things ive ever done. Ive actually started training for a triathlon this week! :eek: something i never would have been able to do before.

I think about smoking less and less and keep finding myself forgetting about them for a whole day at a time sometimes. Im still getting pangs every now and then though, they're horrible, but they end quickly thankfully

Hi Mackman good to hear you are still free from them.

I stopped the same time as you and actually experience the same things with the pangs. Awful but infrequent. I have put on weight though. Not much but enough to annoy me. I didn't keep up the exercise that really helped at the beginning. I must put this into my routine and then I will be happy and healthy instead of turning into a bakewell tart (you know the little ones in Lidl for 99 cent).

Keep it up and good luck in the triathlon training :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well done guys. Great to hear you've made it so far!

Two more success stories :)

Wow, im at 13 weeks now. I had to go back and check because ive actually stopped counting. I barely have any cravings anymore. Just when i smell them or something.

I dont even think about them at all now. It helps that none of my friends smoke too. But i feel good (not right now though, big weekend :)) but im a lot healthier, which im delighted about.

I think im a non-smoker :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Six weeks since I decided to stop. Have let myself down on three occasions so far but happy enough all the same. Long may it continue!

• Company Representative Posts: 115 Verified rep PaulGogartyTD

Keep up the good work!

Tristram wrote: »
    Six weeks since I decided to stop. Have let myself down on three occasions so far but happy enough all the same. Long may it continue!

Keep it up Tristam!

I had a dream that i was back smoking last night. First time that happened. Felt weird when i woke up, just like the cravings came back, but they went as quickly as they came thankfully. :)

• Advertisement

Hi Mackman - we stopped smoking the same day - isn't it fantastic!?!?!
    I have started NOT to have cravings each day - they haven't been really bad of course but still had one a day up until 10 days ago and now I may or may not - it is just great. I must be becoming a REAL non-smoker.

Keep it up

Advertisement