Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

slow drivers time of the year

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Gazzydee wrote: »
    I live on the southside of dublin and if u want to see stupid and slow drivers try drive along the stretch of the M50 from Cherrywood up to Tallaght!!!

Everyday i drive this stretch of the motorway and i thought it was bad before they added an extra lane to make 3 but now drivers are nearly afraid tu drive onthe very inside lane as if its the unknown!!! but when i decide to jump in to skip by the traffic there always seems tu be a do gooder who feels the need tu jump infront of me and slow me bk down!!!

People of this country do not understand the basic rules of a motorway as they sit in the overtaking lane not overtaking then have a problem when you come along behind them!!!!!!!!

i think der needs tu be a lesson or a part of the driving test that actually teaches people how to drive on motorways since there seems tu be a serious lack of understanding!!!!!
    I pull into the fast lane if i see some lunatic coming up from behind doing 120+. It annoys the crap otta them. Love it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I love the way Irish drivers think people doing 120km/hr on motorways are "lunatics".

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Mister men wrote: »
    I pull into the fast lane if i see some lunatic coming up from behind doing 120+. It annoys the crap otta them. Love it.:pac:

What's a fast lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

well, id like to call you a muppet (and maybe something worse, naughty NAUGHTY ottostreet!), but i quite like this forum and hope to continue posting, so ill let someone who isnt as attached, to do the work for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

OK then, here goes...
    I just wish that one day you pull out in front of a BMW doing close enough to 200 km/h that he cannot stop because some idiot gombeen who thinks that 80 km/h is oh so fast pulled out on him, can't brake in time and collects you.
    He would be at fault and you would be right.
    You would also be the latest recipient of a Darwin Award that says "This idiot killed himself and a couple of other people to prove a minor point, thank god he won't be able to do it in the future"
    I just hope to guy who hits you survives because it would be unfair for him to give his life to rid the road of a dangerous lunatic such as yourself.
    Personally I'd stop in time, wait for you to pull in, pull alongside you and match your speed. Then when we come to the next slow moving truck I slow down and trap you in the left lane for a bit.
    Love doing that to arseholes pulling out on me, it annoys the crap outta them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

OK then, here goes...
    I just wish that one day you pull out in front of a BMW doing close enough to 200 km/h that he cannot stop because some idiot gombeen who thinks that 80 km/h is oh so fast pulled out on him, can't brake in time and collects you.
    He would be at fault and you would be right.
    You would also be the latest recipient of a Darwin Award that says "This idiot killed himself and a couple of other people to prove a minor point, thank god he won't be able to do it in the future"
    I just hope to guy who hits you survives because it would be unfair for him to give his life to rid the road of a dangerous lunatic such as yourself.
    Personally I'd stop in time, wait for you to pull in, pull alongside you and match your speed. Then when we come to the next slow moving truck I slow down and trap you in the left lane for a bit.
    Love doing that to arseholes pulling out on me, it annoys the crap outta them!
    Internet tough man. Funny how it's easy to call someone an idiot from behind your keyboard is'nt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Internet tough man. Funny how it's easy to call someone an idiot from behind your keyboard is'nt it.

I think you're a feckin' eejit as well. And no, I probably wouldnt have the nerve to say it to your face (depending on how big you are), but if you cut me off on the motorway the way you are describing, I'm pretty sure I'd have the nerve!

This isn't about me. What I'm saying is that one day you are going to play your "hilarious" game with someone who isn't amused and either do the above or god knows what else.
    There are enough "real" tough guys out there who wouldn't say it to your face, cause you wouldn't have a face left after the shotgun blast.
    Personally I wouldn't say it to your face because I'll just keep you pinned into the left lane at 60-80 km/h for 10-15 minutes and then race off at the for you unachievable speed of 120 km/h!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

AFAIK and i think its been proved that You're unable to access somebody else speed while driving so your point is pointless :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Mister men, you're on the border of trolling, and I'd appreciate it if you would take it down a notch and not be inflammatory in your posting.

@everyone else, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Just read all the post ref the slowness of some drivers, I remember a year to two ago reading about a Farmer from Clonakility getting 6 months off the road for holding up a line of traffic approx 2 miles long. Another of our motoring upper class was stopped around the Killaloe area on the N7 for the same thing this time in a Motor Car and received €2500 fine, the Judge was not best pleased with the man.

If for instance you remember your driving test and on the official testing form there is a line which covers "Failure to make progress" or in other words not keeping up to the speed limit.

Don't forget the first few pages of the Rules of the Road in this dear little Island we drive on the left and overtake on the right, something lots of people forget.

A few years ago drove in Germany, around Christmas time foggy cold (-9 or 10 degrees Celsius) and still managed to keep it up around the 110 MPH mark. Needless to say was still being overtaken by the big three (Merc, BMW Porsche). Yet when they come here for the holiday manage to slow everything down to crawl, God love them.

mrsoundie wrote: »
    A few years ago drove in Germany, around Christmas time foggy cold (-9 or 10 degrees Celsius) and still managed to keep it up around the 110 MPH mark. Needless to say was still being overtaken by the big three (Merc, BMW Porsche). Yet when they come here for the holiday manage to slow everything down to crawl, God love them.

I've never been accused of slowing anyone down!:P
    When it comes to holiday makers in their rented cars, of course they're a bit slower (oh look at that cow over there!) but for me the ones that stand out are octogenarian yanks who usually potter around at about 12.5 km/h, but since we finally gotten rid of those pesky tourists through overpricing (and when that didn't work increased landing charges and tourist taxes) things have improved somewhat.
    And this is the full story about the farmer who got banned:
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/arrogant-farmer-banned-over-tractor-traffic-jam-14182506.html#

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6475&Itemid=38

This story warms the cockles of me heart so it does...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm surprised "Those people stuck behind me should have left earlier" wasn't used as an excuse.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

especially on sundays all the slow drivers come out :( the right hand lane of the m50 is just clogged with slow drivers now, the left hand lane is actually the fastest between ballymount and the n4 now , luckily im in a van that only does 120 so i confine to the left and middle lanes but in the jeep id constantly be doing 140 with no end of flashing and beeping to get aul wans to move out of the right hand lane, it needs a minimum speed limit of 120

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

especially on sundays all the slow drivers come out :( the right hand lane of the m50 is just clogged with slow drivers now, the left hand lane is actually the fastest between ballymount and the n4 now , luckily im in a van that only does 120 so i confine to the left and middle lanes but in the jeep id constantly be doing 140 with no end of flashing and beeping to get aul wans to move out of the right hand lane, it needs a minimum speed limit of 120

Gets popcorn! :D

Why is boards motors section full of long moaning threads which change nothing and then re-appear 4 months later.

@ Mods can we have a motors moaning section

(yes i do realise the irony of my post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

some of the comments in reply to that article linked are hilarious
    ireland is unbelievable for road accidents due to speed-driving at 15miles per hour wouldnt be any harm!!!

Advertisement