Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To much Conspirecy bad thing???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭mugs1

OK. Lets start again and try to be civil to each other we have no real reason to fall out. Agreed?.

I have been nothing but civil, and intend on keeping it that way ( wether you agree with my view point or not is a seperate matter all together)

you however have not!! but im happy to start fresh if you are.

To clear up the mental illness thing. This was from Kaiser's post here.

You even thanked the post ffs. Now that you are aware I suggest you remove your thanks if you disagree with the message of this post..

Thats not the only time you used it...however unlike my original post the Mods had no problem with Kaiser's which means you shouldn't either!! So get over it..
    For what its worth I have no intention of derailing your or anyone e'lse's thread. But you'll have to clarify again what it is you want to talk about and I'll do my best with a response.

Im not explaining myself again, read over the thread yourself ( if you don't find it to upsetting that is).. If not I think there are atleast one or two people who understood what I was trying to say, maybe they will explain it to you... let me know when your ready and I'll be happy to discuss any relevent points.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I have been nothing but civil, and intend on keeping it that way ( wether you agree with my view point or not is a seperate matter all together)

you however have not!! but im happy to start fresh if you are.

Good enough for me.
    mugs1 wrote: »
    I have been reading through some threads,

Which ones?
    and noticed that some posters

Which ones?
    seem to be so wraped up in the conspirecy bubble that they have abandoned any sense of logic and reason, almost has a religous/fanatical feel to it with no checks and balances.

Examples?
    Having spent alot of time

How long?

looking into this subject myself

What subject have you looked into?

I can certianly see how this would happen, alot of the stories are amazing and really stimulate the imagination,

Which stories exactly?

largley helped by the person telling the Story who is usually very intelligent and carasmatic.

Names?

Don't take this the wrong way but all of the above unless you can be more specific isn't actually saying anything at all, that is why I don't know what to respond to.

Good enough for me.

Which ones?

Are you trying to get me banned? please don't try and bait me like that again it belittle's us both!!!

Which ones?

Again are you trying to get me banned???

Examples?

I point out some, then you will quickly accuss me of saying that the OP has a mental illness!!! their there for all to see as you well know... again looking for the cheap shot and just wasting time very petty!!!

How long?

I don't owe you an answer to this question, but i'll answer it anyway because im sound like that!!!

I reckon I read The Holy Blood Holy Grail, when I was about 14, Im 33 now so about 18 or 19 years, Is that long enough for you???

Err..the consperecy subject.. your really starting to grate!!

Which stories exactly?

Chr**t lad are you F**kin serious??? I'll humour you because thats how i role!!!

Serpo, the Philadelphia experiment and Montauk,2012, annunakki,ancient astronauts, bloodlines iluminati,reptoids etc...etc... the whole bloody lot, it's the nature of the beast.

but you didn't really need me to tell you that did you??

Names?

David icke, Alex Jones just to name a couple.. both very powerfull speakers

And before you sh*t your pants with excitment.. Just because i listed a story or person above does not infer belief!!

Don't take this the wrong way .

lol.. don't make me laugh..
    but all of the above unless you can be more specific isn't actually saying anything at all, that is why I don't know what to respond to.

I couldn't have been more specific in my OP,granted an unfortunate use of words, but the point is very clear and specific, So im not going to wipe your a**e for you again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This thread is a total shill display, where the thread title is for starters a bad title. For it's deliberately inciting a perception for people to judge this forum in a polarity form again. A clever tactic, but getting old. To much of anything is bad. Everyone knows this. Why draw more negativity to Conspiracy theories and Conspiracy theorists in this light? What's the point? Why would you do it? ;)

It's almost like saying is to much of a bad thing good for you.
    Or
    Is to much of a good thing bad for you.

This right and left polarity is so 1999....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mysterious wrote: »
    This thread is a total shill display, where the thread title is for starters a bad title. For it's deliberately inciting a perception for people to judge this forum in a polarity form again. A clever tactic, but getting old. To much of anything is bad. Everyone knows this. Why draw more negativity to Conspiracy theories and Conspiracy theorists in this light? What's the point? Why would you do it? ;)

Or

I agree with Mysterious! :o

Don't think it is a shill display though!

It's a badly worded thread, there was a better one a few months back but that had its' detractors too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Or

Maaan.... I swear when I read your posts, rays of sunlight beam out of my computer, and I know this might sound weird but sometimes I can almost here angels sing.. It's f***in amazing

here have a few on me!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

If you give up half way , you will not arrive .

This thread is a total shill display,

A shill is a person who is paid to help another person or organization to sell goods or services. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic customer. The person or group that hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members (who are unaware of the set-up) to purchase said goods or services. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. The term plant is also used. The term is also used to describe a person who is paid to help a political party or other advocacy organization to gain adherents; as with the situation of selling goods or services, the shill gives the impression of being unrelated to the group in question, and gives the impression that he or she finds merit in the ideological claims of the political party.

Ok explain who exactly im shillin for?? and id appreciate if you'd post real answers that actually have some relevence to shilling
    where the thread title is for starters a bad title.,

I think this horse has been floged to death, Get over it, it's so last year!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    For it's deliberately inciting a perception for people to judge this forum in a polarity form again.

What you are actually saying is.. Oh no we can't just scratch each others backs anymore, because these bad people are offering reasonable counter arguments to to some silly statments..

And you just CAN'T F**kin handle it.....It's ok just admit it so we can all move on!!!

espinolman wrote: »
    If you give up half way , you will not arrive .

You just have nothing to say at all do ya... I suspect your just happy to be here!!!

:o for you!!

I think for me this thread has been validated in a big way, and I have come to my own conclusion as no doubt many before me have, that given the rigid mind set and total lack of freethinking or accountability that prevails, i would stand a better chance of having reasoned debate with a five year old!!

Morpheus only said take one pill.... not the whole F***in bottle!!!!

Now go back to sleep, I didn't mean to wake you... LOL

• Advertisement

How long?

I don't owe you an answer to this question, but i'll answer it anyway because im sound like that!!!

I reckon I read The Holy Blood Holy Grail, when I was about 14, Im 33 now so about 18 or 19 years, Is that long enough for you??? .

it's taken you 18 years to read one book? :D

What else have you read?

Again with the vagueness.

Which stories exactly?

Chr**t lad are you F**kin serious??? I'll humour you because thats how i role!!!

Serpo, the Philadelphia experiment and Montauk,2012, annunakki,ancient astronauts, bloodlines iluminati,reptoids etc...etc... the whole bloody lot, it's the nature of the beast.

Of course I am serious. You shouldn't need to squeeze information from you, it's not a case of you humouring me, you are making these hollow, vague claims without substantiating them in any way and then get all touchy when asked for specifics.
    Serpo,
    Never heard of it
    the Philadelphia experiment
    Never heard of it
    and Montauk
    Mind control right?
    bollox,
    annunakki
    bollox,
    ancient astronauts
    bollox
    bloodlines iluminati
    bollox
    ,reptoids
    more disinfo bollox.

It doesn't look like you've looked into anything other than David Icke's homepage.

Names?
    Alex Jones charismatic??? :D:D:D

I don't know about Icke, never pay any attention to him because of the lizard stuff and Jones is the biggest shill in the controlled opposition business.

So you've seen through the obvious disinfo from two likely shills - give yourself a pat on the back.

I couldn't have been more specific in my OP,granted an unfortunate use of words, but the point is very clear and specific, So im not going to wipe your a**e for you again..

Your still all over the place summarise what you are trying to say in a line or two.

I think for me this thread has been validated in a big way, and I have come to my own conclusion as no doubt many before me have, that given the rigid mind set and total lack of freethinking or accountability that prevails, i would stand a better chance of having reasoned debate with a five year old!!

Morpheus only said take one pill.... not the whole F***in bottle!!!!

Now go back to sleep, I didn't mean to wake you... LOL

You'd have a better chance of having an equal debate with a five year old, maybe they'd know what you are banging on about.

But you managed to convince yourself...well done!!!:)

it's taken you 18 years to read one book? :D

What else have you read?

Again with the vagueness.

Of course I am serious. You shouldn't need to squeeze information from you, it's not a case of you humouring me, you are making these hollow, vague claims without substantiating them in any way and then get all touchy when asked for specifics.

Never heard of it

Never heard of it
    Mind control right?

bollox,
    bollox,,
    bollox
    bollox
    more disinfo bollox.

It doesn't look like you've looked into anything other than David Icke's homepage.

Names?

Alex Jones charismatic??? :D:D:D

I don't know about Icke, never pay any attention to him because of the lizard stuff and Jones is the biggest shill in the controlled opposition business.

So you've seen through the obvious disinfo from two likely shills - give yourself a pat on the back.

Your still all over the place summarise what you are trying to say in a line or two.

Oooh yeaaaah thats Weak!!! this whole post again Validates this thread, you need to stop talking lad your really not helping

Consider yourself OWNED nothing more annoying then a f**l that thinks he's clever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Oooh yeaaaah thats Weak!!! this whole post again Validates this thread, you need to stop talking lad your really not helping

Consider yourself OWNED nothing more annoying then a f**l that thinks he's clever!!!

You acting like an ass isn't helping your cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sparticle wrote: »

agreed...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Could have been a decent thread, shame.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

OK. Third time lucky...or three strikes and your out.

For future reference I don't think fool is censored out. Guess we'll see when this posts gets published. Anyway, lets try and be civil as I am not sure what we are arguing about and your insults really cause no offence to me so I am happy to move on. Out of interest is there any 14 year old Americans here who can tell me what "owned" means?

So I am going guess what you are trying to get at and you tell if I am hot or cold cos' I don't know what else to do if you won't answer questions openly.

"An obsession with conspiracy theories which interferes with day-to-day life and which effects the conspiracy theorists important life decisions is dangerous territory because by-and-large conspiracy theories are based on flimsy evidence. Prominent Conspiracy theorists is information age demagogy, who prey on a politically naive class and line their pockets in the process."

Examples from conspiracy culture that are dangerous if the CT is wrong:

Not taking vaccines
    Various alternative treatments for cancer and aids.
    Going hungry rather than eating GM crops
    Stockpiling guns in the US
    Voting against government backed position in referendums purely because of complete distrust of government

Biggest danger is automatically rejecting everything that comes from an official source e.g. NASA, Government, UN, National media etc

they were just off the top of my head. Is that close to what you are saying?

Sparticle wrote: »

I haven't got a cause, I just started a thread that I tought would spark a genuine debate, instead I got nothing but A*****s trying to derail this thread by answering questions with questions!!

I have been very respectfull and forthcomming with answers both relevent and of a personal nature,( alot more than most on this forum) and had it spat back in my face!!!! I was aware I was been an ass when I posted, but they deserved it!!! and more....

I will engage you at the same level you engage me, and Im sorry but that lad is an a**, and will be treated as such!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I have been reading through some threads, and noticed that some posters seem to be so wraped up in the conspirecy bubble that they have abandoned any sense of logic and reason, almost has a religous/fanatical feel to it with no checks and balances.

Having spent alot of time looking into this subject myself I can certianly see how this would happen, alot of the stories are amazing and really stimulate the imagination, largley helped by the person telling the Story who is usually very intelligent and carasmatic. Add to this the sense that you have stumbled accross some big secret that only you and a hand full of ENLITGHTENED people know about, So it's your Job to unravell the mystery while everyone else is asleep in the Matrix,

It's all very intoxicating and easy to get lost in the myriad of ideas and theories, All the while your usual checks and balances falling away as the theories get more and more complicated and imaginative, Not realizing that you have created your own little matrix, and your mind has become just as closed if not more so then the Sheeple you claim to be trying to enlighten!

Im not saying all conspirecies are rubbish far from it, just some people don't know when to stop digging!!
    What Im saying is.... I am asking the Question Is digging into Conspirecey theories to much... a bad thing!! I then gave an explanation why im asking the question, and gave a short outline why i think it might be!

I have made no derogatory comments about anyone's Thought processes to say I have is a bit over the top to be honest!
    S what are you trying to say here......it's a Sceptics Conspirecey to infiltrate the Conspirecey Forum...

It's called debate and accountability for what is presented as fact when it clearly isn't.. you should have enough confidence in your position to be able to debate the points with anyone who questions it..
    Awww what ya gonna do? take your ball and go home!

I believe it is forum related, and extremely relevant, and have yet to be convinced otherwise!!

Oh! and for the record, Im not a sceptic nor have i ever posted on any sceptics forum.

You pretty much described your attitude right there!

Are you trying to get me banned? please don't try and bait me like that again it belittle's us both!!!

Which ones?

Again are you trying to get me banned???

Examples?

I point out some, then you will quickly accuss me of saying that the OP has a mental illness!!! their there for all to see as you well know... again looking for the cheap shot and just wasting time very petty!!!

How long?

I reckon I read The Holy Blood Holy Grail, when I was about 14, Im 33 now so about 18 or 19 years, Is that long enough for you???

Which stories exactly?

Names?

And before you sh*t your pants with excitment.. Just because i listed a story or person above does not infer belief!!

lol.. don't make me laugh..

Consider yourself OWNED nothing more annoying then than a fool that thinks he's clever!!!

HAHA, I know:rolleyes:
    I haven't got a cause, I just started a thread that I tought would spark a genuine debate, instead I got nothing but A*****s trying to derail this thread by answering questions with questions!!

I have been very respectfull and forthcomming with answers both relevent and of a personal nature, and as such will not have my credability and honesty questioned!!

I will engage you at the same level you engage me, and Im sorry but that lad is an a**, and will be treated as such!!!

A little tip!

When your going to try make fun of something on an internet forum where you need to spell words..........

Try to learn how to spell the subject your attempting to mock.

It's CONSPIRACY, think of pirates, somalia, and put cons in front and piracy after that.

This might help:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I have been very respectfull and forthcomming with answers both relevent and of a personal nature, and had it spat back in my face, I will not have my credability and honesty questioned, i was aware I was been an ass when I posted but they deserved it!!! and more....

The more you type the more unbelieviable it becomes. You make no sense whatsoever. Your posts do come across like someone posting for the pisstake or a teenager just venting off. I actually couldn't read some of your posts, because of all the ranting and baiting. Do you have any actual point or reason to be on this forum?

For a fact you have taken a few cheap shots at posters here for nothing. But I am not going to judge anymore than that as it takes the focus of the thread. But honest to god what are you trying to achieve here?

I find this to be to unreal at this point. I'm done on this thread.

• Advertisement

while your there have a look at this one

services?action=download&uid=e4b1def5-7810-4fcf-a515-c0e3f5244f8b

Lemonade Stand

Make and sell lemonade with Elmo and Grover
    Subject: Getting Along With Others

uprising2 wrote: »
    HAHA, I know:rolleyes:

A little tip!

When your going to try make fun of something on an internet forum where you need to spell words..........

Try to learn how to spell the subject your attempting to mock.

It's CONSPIRACY, think of pirates, somalia, and put cons in front and piracy after that.

This might help:D

What if I actually had a learning difficulty... you shallow ****** P***k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

What if I actually had a learning difficulty... you shallow fukking Prick

Is this a spellinhg game?, fill in the blanks?.

If you have a learning difficulty don't take it out on others!

Were all here to help you!!

sesame-street.jpg

What if I actually had a learning difficulty... you shallow ****** P***k

Hang on!

You thanked this post in this thread
    It seems to me that a lot of these theories are reminiscent of Schizophreniform persecutary delusions, backed up by disorded thinking. Having some (albeit limited) experience of people with such disorders I can see similarities with some of the ideas that arise with such conditions and with some of the more far fetched conspiracy theories.

and when i pulled you up on it you said
    get over it

What if someone on this board actually was diagnosed with schizophrenia?

Hang on!

You thanked this post in this thread

and when i pulled you up on it you said

What if someone on this board actually was diagnosed with schizophrenia?

WEEK!!! ye, reelly arrr scraypin de barrul now,

Again with the mentil illnass thing Bomer, lookin like a paterin at dis stage, doesn't make it any less offensive do

OK, I think this thread is Validated again, you can't refute those posts, when you have people willing to stoop to any level, just to protect their world view!! i think you have real a problem, there are alot of good thinkers on these forums, but they are been drowned out by idiots who invest far to much in youtube and not enough in life..

I am a firm believer in.. "if you want to know the future study the past!"

I apolagize ( did i spell that right) if i offended anyone, again that wasn't my intention just looking for genuine debate and didn't find it here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mugs1 banned for personal abuse.

The more you type the more unbelieviable it becomes. You make no sense whatsoever. Your posts do come across like someone posting for the pisstake or a teenager just venting off. I actually couldn't read some of your posts, because of all the ranting and baiting. Do you have any actual point or reason to be on this forum?

For a fact you have taken a few cheap shots at posters here for nothing. But I am not going to judge anymore than that as it takes the focus of the thread. But honest to god what are you trying to achieve here?

I find this to be to unreal at this point. I'm done on this thread.

This thread is not done with you lad!!! you will be held accountable for your S*** talk!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Mugs1 banned again. This time for 14 days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement