Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeze and implications for 50/50 ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

shampon wrote: »
    30 years is the typical amount of service, making huge shortfalls and rushed recruitment practices when the 30 year men/women go, Happens in nearly all public sector jobs in the south. They have too many for years then all of a sudden they have none...

What he said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

Gee-22 wrote: »
    50k seems a bit OTT.
    i thought so too at first and then you start thinking about the costs involved. Booking them hotels for weeks at a time aint cheap, medicals drugs tests vetting then deloitte/consensias fees paying the role players the assessors the independent community observers also get some form of payment i believe. It all ads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

pluginbaby2112, the document is dated 29/6/2010 at 12:41.

If you right click and select document properties you can see it.

pluginbaby2112, the document is dated 29/6/2010 at 12:41.

If you right click and select document properties you can see it.

Good thinking!

So it's pre-freeze then...even more interesting then that a recruitment freeze was asked about! Strange :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

i thought so too at first and then you start thinking about the costs involved. Booking them hotels for weeks at a time aint cheap, medicals drugs tests vetting then deloitte/consensias fees paying the role players the assessors the independent community observers also get some form of payment i believe. It all ads up.

When you put it like that.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 slunk2

wanadrum wrote: »
    "
    Do you seriously think that if their isn't a representative number of individuals in the police that the service is less fair in practice?
    I don't. If I got in, and I'm sure the same applies to the vast majority of applicants, I would treat all of the people of Northern Irelend fairly - my religion is absolutely irrelevant.

I'm quite sick of percieved religion being used as the reason for or the solution to the problems we have in NI.

My opinion is that if we really have to discriminate simply to make up the numbers, that the ratio be reduced so that at least of appointments are 30% catholic.

I take what has been said about this conversation happening on another page but I just want to end this by saying... I think people need to remember how discriminative the application process used to be and the state that Northern Ireland was in. One cannot help but link the two together. As it has been said no-one can do anything about it. We have to remember that whilst we can say that we will be fair and equal and non-discriminative there will be people we will work with in any job we go into that will be of a different view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I think enough has now been said about 50/50.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement