Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events : The Chernarus Conflict Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

kdouglas wrote: »

So instead, I've concocted the crazy idea of doing the following;

And who better to test it with aye? :P

Well looking forward to this, bit of a **** buzz hearing the news about Ian's dad. Testament to the mans character he is still going ahead with this in fairness.

Looking forward to the event, havn't been to Senny since PR3. More so looking forward to testing out the new Scar and see how she holds and playing a proper milsim.

Interestingly enough have absolutely no intention of buying any pyro, maybe cause its my third trip or I dont know, just don't see the point in sinking money into them : /

Hopefully can see an Orbat soon enough to see who the hell is commanding the section/platoon I'm in, and who I'm in with. Have to say looking forward to just being infantry and getting on the lines getting **** done.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Any of you headed over on the 8:20am Stena sailing from Dublin on Friday? ( other than Jinko ;) )
    The ASI battlewagon is headed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'm on the 15:00 rosslare->fishguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Right still getting the input string not in correct format message and I need to get the reg of my car on the list, any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Don't worry you've still got a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

r0n0c wrote: »
    Right still getting the input string not in correct format message and I need to get the reg of my car on the list, any ideas anyone?

Is this when you put your ref. number into the my booking page? if it is, then copy your ref. number directly from your email as it's a problem with the format of your reference number and could be as simple as a typo.

If that still isn't working, contact TA-Events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Nearly totally forgot about this till a few days ago, i don't even have BB's! Dying for it now though!

Also condolences to Ian and his family, been there myself and it's not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lemming wrote: »
    Is this when you put your ref. number into the my booking page? if it is, then copy your ref. number directly from your email as it's a problem with the format of your reference number and could be as simple as a typo.

If that still isn't working, contact TA-Events.

Make sure there are no spaces before or after it, and you preserve any spaces in it. The form's a bit flakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Cheers Lads, got it sorted, landy booked and enough pyro to send me to Mars!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Orbat's up guys :) Seems like its half Irish at this one :P

• Advertisement

Yeah saw it there, platoon one, section noize, lead by Sgt Mjr boiyz

Yeah, will make you lot easy to find at night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Best of luck to everyone heading tomorrow. Give 'em hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Anyone have a link to the map of Sennybridge with building numbers on it? I had a few lying around but cant find them and now I cant find one online anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

kdouglas wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the map of Sennybridge with building numbers on it? I had a few lying around but cant find them and now I cant find one online anywhere.

SingleMapForForum.jpg

Perfect. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drpepper

We're off! :D (in half an hour when lemmon makes me some gorram coffee,) THEN, we're off :D

drpepper wrote: »

That brings back some serious Dex and Doc saturday lols

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cheers to everyone for making the event what it was; brain failing. I'm off to bed. More tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Ugh, morning after the weekend before... Still hurt, now got to be in work by 9 for two weeks of joyous training.... Kill me now...

Excelent weekend, great craic, lots of action and a hugely friendly atmosphere from the mostly Irish event! (Seriously, more Irish than English attended lol)

Will add more specific thoughts and details later when im further dead.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Have to say, had the best weekend of airsoft ever. Brillant games and players what more could you want. Out little night op was the most fun ive had in a long while, we even managed to clear the village of all enemy forces by 3AM.

Already planning my trip in April

Had a great time myself and there was a serious amount of friendliness chat and banter going on around the barn and safezone, more then usual.

Probably due to the fact I nackered me leg and was hanging around those areas most of the time, but still had a cracking event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Great weekend, think the weather was near perfect bar a little bit of rain. Not too hot, not too cold.

Even though the USMC were out numbered 2 to 1 at the best of times, I don't think the end result gives enough credit to how the Chedaki played. Fantastic players and it was a joy to play against them. Throughly enjoyed myself, the low numbers changed how the game ran and because of the numbers I think it was a bit more intense due to fewer people meaning we had to cover a lot more.

As said above, great craic in and off game with everyone being more than friendly. It'll be interesting to see how the result pans out in the end regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yerrr...needed eh!
    Got eh too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Fantastic weekend. I'm still shagged but it was absolutley fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Feeling pretty good myself. Stayed over Sunday night near Senny and travelled back today. Worked out very well. Was able to play 20hrs.

Looking forward to part 3 in Copehill Down. (So long as it’s available)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greenhills+Rd,+Dublin,+County+Dublin+City,+Ireland&ll=51.207236,-1.977123&spn=0.006439,0.021093&t=h&z=16

Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it and wrecked now, it was a struggle getting up for work this morning but worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Thanks again for coming guys & girls, it was a pleasure to see you all again.

I want to praise you all on your level of gameplay, sportmanship and comradery.

I have heard many comments from various sources over the weekend (key staff, marshals and players) about how you guys get stuck in hard and play the game well.

As an organiser you are a joy to host.

Until the next time....WORMBYTE OUT....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Thanks Ian, you put on a great game.

Best weekend I've had for a long time. We had a ball.

Outstanding first aid crew.

Standing at the North end of the village on my own in the pitch dark knowing that there was a Predator* creeping around was seriously spooky.

Mike – stand back from the fire trays a bit next time :)

Dave – sorry about the driveway.

I'd have liked to play again on Sunday morning, but my rifle was U/S. Had fun with the pyro though.

Well done James & Connor.

*Yep. A guy dressed in full Predator costume... tri-laser, shoulder cannon, the works.

Advertisement