Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Went down today with Miriam and Brodi, pretty good, got loads of Freebies, sitting having a coffee by the entrance to indoor arena and 2 young (18ish) girls opened boxes of Pedigree Dentastix, the one's that are €2.50 in Dunnes, i guess they were finished when they gave them all out cos they gave about 15 to everyone!!!

Wasn't asked for any proof of vaccinations, good job as forgot to bring them

Here's a few pics

Brodi playin wit a new friend

IMG_4312.jpg

Taking part in the Training Exhibition, anybody can do it, good fun

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

Standing watching the Puppy's play in the 'Puppy Pen', and as they only had 2 dogs the lady asked how old Brodi was, i cut 6 wks off her age and said 7.5 months so she went in, took her 5 mins before she was millin it out with her new pal Bailey

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

All in all a great day, €12 to get in but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

lol which one was yours?

She was the little brown and white one with a Rottweiler as a bodyguard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

went today wasn't really impressed at all , it is heavily focused on toy and smaller dogs with the out fit stands n all that, and there seemed to be nothing happening anywhere for the 2 hours i was there. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I went today and thought it was much better than last year - really liked that people could bring their own dogs. Thought the stall selection was a lot better this year, less of the jewellery and totally non animal related stalls.

Gave a few bob to the usual places I support - I always enjoy a bit of banter with the Pet Therapy people and their dogs. Thought the DSPCA staff were both unprofessional and cold, no interest in having a chat with people - have found that with them anytime I visit their centre - they just give off an arrogance and are not interested with engaging with people. Im actually considering pulling my monthly donation from them and giving it to somewhere else due to their staffs manners.

Met some lovely people, liked the guys with the Cat Palace furniture, very chatty and friendly - amazing cat furniture, and also liked the Ferret Sanctury ladies, have met them before, very nice.

I met some lovely people in the breed village as well. Plus plenty of randomers who were happy for us to pet their dogs.

Favourite dog of the day goes to the greyhound who was with the Pet Therapy people, she was such a soft hearted sweetie, and the 2 Cavaier King Charles Spaniels I met in the breed village.

Also had a nice chat with a reptile guy and hats off to the people at the entrance with the various horses, dogs, bunnies, etc who let us hand feed a lamb and were brilliant craic and a great welcome to the expo.

All in all a good day out and Ill be going again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It was good today, but was better yesterday, everyone just seemed more friendly yesterday and the mood was ruinned by the wind:(

Saw a lovely long haired Akita, I didnt even know there was a long haired breed of Akita. My dog was also not in a good mood today and didnt even want to try any of the samples, usually he wants to eat everything. Saw a great Malamute near the gate on the way in also. I have attached 3 pics one of my Pom and the other 2 are of the Akita and Malamute I saw.

119039.jpg119040.jpg119038.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Brought our two youngest, Deekin and Riddick, 6month old Sibe Husky x Alaskan Malamute boys, had a great time, they were really well behaved and loved meeting so many different dogs (Deekin has a crush on a Bernese Mountain Dog now), lots of freebies too. Definitely would go again if it the same next year, and will be looking into Tails 'n' Trails, lovely peeps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Does anyone have a list of the breeds that were in the breed village towards the back of the main hall?

I saw a dog there earlier today and can't remember what breed it was. Really want to read up on them. They were a few stalls down from the Great Dane stall. The breed was something like H..BERGER/BURGER I think. There was only 1 dog there.

Went with my 1 year old Scotty today, btw. She was very nervous. Poor little thing. Disappointed not to see any other Scotties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It is true I guess that a lot of it was based on smaller breeds but some of the stalls would of had stuff for bigger breeds but mabey not as well advertised.

I would love to see more things like t-shirts and stuff, there were some nice onces but I found it hard to get the size I wanted for our young one. Some really funny ones that she would of loved but not in her size.

I'd love to do a stall at it next year going to think about it and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Does anyone have a list of the breeds that were in the breed village towards the back of the main hall?

I saw a dog there earlier today and can't remember what breed it was. Really want to read up on them. They were a few stalls down from the Great Dane stall. The breed was something like H..BERGER/BURGER I think. There was only 1 dog there.

Went with my 1 year old Scotty today, btw. She was very nervous. Poor little thing. Disappointed not to see any other Scotties.

It was Leonberger - see this wikipedia page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonberger

There were 2 of them there when I was there, but one was wearing a pet therapy hi vis - dont think he was part of breed village - just visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheSockMonster

I really wanted to go but we had too many dogs in the kennels. Maybe next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Niamh Horan

The dogs were Leonbergers. I see that they were on TV for their pet therapy work. I see also from the Leonberger club of Ireland there are only 2 registered breeders

Here is the link for the pet therapy.

http://www.irishleos.ie/peatatherapydogs.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi Niamh,

As you're new here can I just explain that it's considered bad form to drag up old threads.

However seeing as you've done it now anyway, who's going to pet expo this year? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We are we are!!!!! :D I booked a holiday ages ago and found out afterwards that pet expo is on the day after we get home - phew!!! I'm excited for this year because I know what to expect. He had a cut paw last year so we couldn't stay that long and i was worried about him getting the dressing wet etc. He actually got the dressing wet just as we were leaving so off to the vets when we got home and we were there at least an hour as they were running late - he was crashed out on the floor asleep in the vets lol. We should have an API meetup lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I went last yr with a Maine Coon and a british short hair. The staff were amazing especially Alison who was very attentive and got her photo taken with my huge fella! It's in oct this yr I think which unfortunatly is in the middle if cat show season so I'm not sure if we will attend. Pity, I enjoyed the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I doubt I'll go this year, but I've only just seen Chris Heilong's photos, and I am in the second one:eek:

That red and white mal is lovely, and his family adopted a dog from me last year.

Advertisement